Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Capella Vanilla Custard V1 - What's Your Percentage?

AVF Regular

Capella Vanilla Custard V1 - What's Your Percentage?

I've got V1 and V2 side by side. I'm going to make identical e-juices using either one, and compare them.

I'm very familiar with V2 and often use it between 8 and 12%, depending what I'm mixing it with.

V1 smells just as I remember it. It's extremely potent, I'd say about 5 fold difference to V2. I haven't mixed it for years, but I do recall using it at 2 or 3%, but even that seems too strong.

I'm wondering what percentages other people use for V1.

AVF Regular
    Interested in your outcome here, I use V1 at 20%.
    PurpleVapes likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Interested in your outcome here, I use V1 at 20%.
    I remember tasting your vape at the Redfern pub.

That was actually a quite smooth vape, but I recall you saying it was only 2mg/mL nicotine. It was also a dripper. I wonder if those are factors that influence the taste.

AVF Regular
    Ok, I just tried 10% (1mL in 10mL mix.).

Took one puff, and there's no way I can take another drag. That is extremly potent. I'd consider Capella VC1 almost a super concentrate to be honest.

20% for any flavouring is pretty high in general. Most of my recipes barely go over 10% flavouring in total.
    Cat likes this.

AVF Regular
    V1 about 10 - 12% when I'm combining it with about 3-4 other flavours in a recipe. About 8 -10% if it's only mixed with 1-2 other flavours. I like a nice flavoursome vape.
    When I first started vaping my concentrates total were about 25%, after about 4 years my tastebuds are recovering and I'm at about 18% and just recently experimenting with a couple of recipes down to 12% to see how I go. If I'm using V2 then the percentage has to be a couple of % higher.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Last edited by The Sodd; 01-05-17 at 10:47 AM.
    ermoon2 and Cat like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I love CAP Vanilla Custard and I use both v1 and sometimes v2.

Not only do I love the taste - v1 much more than v2- but I find it to be excellent at bringing together and balancing other flavours in a recipe. It adds volume as well as flavour and gives recipes more weight (and it does so because it is high in diketones) so it is very useful in the 'body' part of a recipe. I'm generally around 1.5% - 2.0% for v1 for most mixes but there is one recipe for which I use it at 10% that being a clone of Original Bunny, one of my favourite juices from Suicide Bunny when I used to buy e-liquid. This is still a special juice for me but I indulge sparingly and 50ml will last at least six months. It is noticeably better when it is six months old by the way and I think any recipe in which it is used needs a minimum of three weeks steeping and preferably at least 4-5 weeks especially at higher percentages.

After Suicide Bunny went through the publicity surrounding the levels of DAAP found in their juices, I researched the issue in detail. I came to the conclusion that from my own perspective, the problem had been overblown and I would continue to use v1 but it did confirm my decision to DIY so that I would choose when and how much to use. I enjoy it now as a special treat.

I sometimes substitute v2 to keep the levels of diketones down but it isn't the same and I've tended to change recipes instead. I do not intend to give the impression that people shouldn't be concerned about the use of Diacetyl and Acetyl Propionyl in e-liquid nor do I intend to go into it here. Each of us needs to research this topic, come to their own conclusion and be responsible for what they vape.

I'm not surprised that you didn't like the 10% mix you made up because it can't have been allowed to steep at all. This is one flavour where steeping is essential and it needs a lot of time.
    gert, MrGruffy, lou and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    10% with a two week steep !!!
    & V1 is better than V2, but not by that much.

Aside has anyone tried Goose Juice ?

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I like it but I prefer Flavorah's (Mother Murphy's) Vanilla Custard. It's far more authentic and the vanilla is superb. I don't consider Cap V1 a stand alone but in a mix no more than 6 % for my taste and a 2-3 week steep. Obviously based on complimentary flavours.
    Cat likes this.
    Helping smokers transition to vaping - Support for new vapers - DIY - The Vapers Table
    President-The New Nicotine Alliance AU

It's all about the juice..

Nicotine is not really addictive, it's all in your head

AVF Regular
    I've been all over the online recipes lately.. honestly some of the juice makers are starting to get up my nose,,the pretentiousness is getting to me. Especially that kid on DIY or die, I really would love to slap him sometimes. {often}
    I just want vapeable juice--not "notes", not recipes with 28 flavours with 1/10 of a drop each- These people carry on like top Chefs competing for 5 stars at their eatery.
    We get "notes"!!??? ah- the snobbery.
    Hey, we weren't looking for a cancer cure here, we just want to make some tasty juice, preferably without using a gazillion flavours,
    Probably I just lack the refinement necessary to appreciate the craft.
    Sorry about the rant, but I feel much better now.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    I've been all over the online recipes lately.. honestly some of the juice makers are starting to get up my nose,,the pretentiousness is getting to me. Especially that kid on DIY or die, I really would love to slap him sometimes. {often}
    I just want vapeable juice--not "notes", not recipes with 28 flavours with 1/10 of a drop each- These people carry on like top Chefs competing for 5 stars at their eatery.
    We get "notes"!!??? ah- the snobbery.
    Hey, we weren't looking for a cancer cure here, we just want to make some tasty juice, preferably without using a gazillion flavours,
    Probably I just lack the refinement necessary to appreciate the craft.
    Sorry about the rant, but I feel much better now.
    Haha I feel that way about so many of the vaping clips that are out there now!
    gert likes this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast