Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Nitecore to release Magnetic Stirrer / Hotplate

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    The most scary video on Youtube, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kjuUTiSeDw

I was relieved when he took the saw off his lap.
    There is so much wrong with that video...

Comments are disabled, probably for a very good reason LOL
    gert likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    The most scary video on Youtube, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kjuUTiSeDw

I was relieved when he took the saw off his lap.

mines better i use the ceiling fan in my bedroom.
    4 bottles mixing while im asleep, only once has a juice bottle missile been deployed..... scared the shit out of the dog
    gert, gtadmin, Fatman and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Nitecore...pffttt

In straya we invented the best technology some time ago...

Deluxe mixing hat, $4 on Ebay

p.s. Couldnt be arsed photoshopping in bottles instead of corks...
    gert, Fatman, fabricator4 and 3 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    The Nitecore may be a tad overkill and overpriced for what's needed. Homebrew's digital stirplate is sufficient for half the price. Their kit is also only $60. I've used one a lot as I do a lot of mixing. Helps with the steep/blending or when you need to test a batch without waiting. The big issue with these devices is heat and airation; two no no's. These can be avoided though. Cover the beaker or bottle and don't apply heat.

If you mix more than 3 or 4 bottles or large bases per day, grab one. Otherwise, give your wrist a good workout.
    Mods: Provari, Silver Bullet, Cool Fire 4 TC 18650, Cool Fire 4 Plus, Joyetech eVic VTwo Mini, iJoy RDTA Box.
    Starters: PockeX, Endura T 18, iCare.
    Tanks: Kayfun Mini V 3, Silo, Nautilus X & Mini, Sub Tanks, Evods. RDA: Magma Paradigm.
    DIY Juices.

My Support Website for Smokers & Beginner Vapers - The Vapers Table
    Associate member-The New Nicotine Alliance

It's all about the juice..

Nicotine is not really addictive, it's all in your head

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by charles Vaper View Post
    The Nitecore may be a tad overkill and overpriced for what's needed. Homebrew's digital stirplate is sufficient for half the price. Their kit is also only $60. I've used one a lot as I do a lot of mixing. Helps with the steep/blending or when you need to test a batch without waiting. The big issue with these devices is heat and airation; two no no's. These can be avoided though. Cover the beaker or bottle and don't apply heat.

If you mix more than 3 or 4 bottles or large bases per day, grab one. Otherwise, give your wrist a good workout.
    Yeah, I was watching a youtube vid where these pro juice mixers were asked about the stirrers and various equipment that can be used at home, they said you only gain a couple of days with them, and it doesnt replace steeping.
    Cat likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Yeah, I was watching a youtube vid where these pro juice mixers were asked about the stirrers and various equipment that can be used at home, they said you only gain a couple of days with them, and it doesnt replace steeping.
    IMHO nothing replaces steeping, or homogenising as it really is. However, if one needs to get a fairly good idea of what a mix will be like, this helps a lot. A vortex machine is another option.
    Cat likes this.
    Mods: Provari, Silver Bullet, Cool Fire 4 TC 18650, Cool Fire 4 Plus, Joyetech eVic VTwo Mini, iJoy RDTA Box.
    Starters: PockeX, Endura T 18, iCare.
    Tanks: Kayfun Mini V 3, Silo, Nautilus X & Mini, Sub Tanks, Evods. RDA: Magma Paradigm.
    DIY Juices.

My Support Website for Smokers & Beginner Vapers - The Vapers Table
    Associate member-The New Nicotine Alliance

It's all about the juice..

Nicotine is not really addictive, it's all in your head

AVF Regular
    IMHO nothing replaces steeping, or homogenising as it really is. However, if one needs to get a fairly good idea of what a mix will be like, this helps a lot. A vortex machine is another option.
    I guess.. I am a newbie at mixing from scratch- in the past my efforts were confined to dumping some flavour to pre bought juice to make it vapeable.
    So I am really enjoying this thread, thanks everyone.
    Cat likes this.

AVF Regular

I agree, air and heat are not really wanted, and there is no substitute for time........however.......

I find my magnetic stirrer, if not turned up to fast, introduces less air than a vigorous shake.......and.....

The effect of heat is proportional to the amount of heat. I heat my liquid, while stirring, only to about 45-50 degrees, which is not much different to mixing on a really hot day. Warming up the mix loosens up the VG making the mixer more efficient and making it easier to pour, it also "kick starts" the steeping process. I also only stir for 5-10 minutes, basically as long as it takes to mix the next batch to go on the stirrer.........and....

I don't have to shake it!
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular
    Personally I am a convert to Ultrasonic Steeping and having juice ready in 3-4 days is a Godsend. I use one with a heater and timer and steep mine about three to four 20 min cycles at about 40C and let it cool to room temp and breath between cycles. I found my Ultasonic gizmo on ebay. I bought the two litre job and find it more than adequate.

I found mine here
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12