Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Nitecore to release Magnetic Stirrer / Hotplate

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    3,551

    Nitecore to release Magnetic Stirrer / Hotplate

    Looks the goods!

    https://youtu.be/Y4-qxds7h1c
    gert, singlefished, LimeB and 7 others like this.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,409
    I just saw a video of that today, coincidentally...wonder where it will be for sale.
    Thanks for posting.
    laurie9300 and Cat like this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    514
    I already have a homemade job but always open to an upgrade. Things like the heat plate, RPM read out and timer interest me.

    We found one store in UK selling it for 95 pounds, about $120 USD. Not the cheapest option but has some nice features, its on my consideration list depending on AUD prices.

    I also noted it says 'Lite version' which may indicate a larger model is coming?
    laurie9300 likes this.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

    #rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Vic,up near the Murray
    Posts
    18,995
    No Meth lab should be without one !
    gert, Midlife and iamtezr like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

    Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011


    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,409
    I guess they would be good for professionals,.but for someone who just makes a few bottles I dont think it's needed,. not sure if if it could replace steeping, but looks like the juice would be well mixed if nothing else.
    Read somewhere that over mixing can degrade nik plus affect taste- anyone know?

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    I guess they would be good for professionals,.but for someone who just makes a few bottles I dont think it's needed,. not sure if if it could replace steeping, but looks like the juice would be well mixed if nothing else.
    Read somewhere that over mixing can degrade nik plus affect taste- anyone know?
    They basically take any shaking work out of mixing, no more tedious shaking bottles and wondering if the nicotine is blended through evenly.

    My reason for making one was because I want assurance my nicotine (and flavour) blend through the PG/VG 100% evenly. The heat plate in this one is for heating high VG ratios so it thins out enough to mix properly. My stir plate doesn't have a heat plate, at 70vg/30pg when temperature is below 20 degrees it struggles at the beginning (need to start on low speed) until the PG mixes through a little. I've never bothered with mine for steeping but its nice being able to sit back and twiddle your thumbs while the mixer does all the work.

    For what's its worth I only mix 30ml batches at a time and still wouldn't go without one for the ease of mixing.
    Last edited by eLicky; 15-05-17 at 02:31 AM.
    gert likes this.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

    #rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by eLicky View Post
    They basically take any shaking work out of mixing, no more tedious shaking bottles and wondering if the nicotine is blended through evenly.

    My reason for making one was because I want assurance my nicotine (and flavour) blend through the PG/VG 100% evenly. The heat plate in this one is for heating high VG ratios so it thins out enough to mix properly. My stir plate doesn't have a heat plate, at 70vg/30pg when temperature is below 20 degrees it struggles at the beginning (need to start on low speed) until the PG mixes through a little. I've never bothered with mine for steeping but its nice being able to sit back and twiddle your thumbs while the mixer does all the work.

    For what's its worth I only mix 30ml batches at a time and still wouldn't go without one for the ease of mixing.
    Thats right, I forgot that ....high VG would be more difficult to mix through.
    I use 80/20, so mine's really thick as well.
    Just using the milk foamer and hoping for the best.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Moving 1000km closer to civilisation
    Posts
    7,694
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Thats right, I forgot that ....high VG would be more difficult to mix through.
    I use 80/20, so mine's really thick as well.
    Just using the milk foamer and hoping for the best.
    The problem with foamers is that they are designed to mix air into the solution - basically beat it to a froth by the action of the blades pulling air down into the mix and then blending it in. While you could say that oxidation is a key part of steeping for some liquids, there's probably a limit on how much is advisable.

    If it's working for you don't stop doing that way - I'm just saying be on the lookout for unwanted side affects of too much air.
    gert likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.


  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    The problem with foamers is that they are designed to mix air into the solution - basically beat it to a froth by the action of the blades pulling air down into the mix and then blending it in. While you could say that oxidation is a key part of steeping for some liquids, there's probably a limit on how much is advisable.

    If it's working for you don't stop doing that way - I'm just saying be on the lookout for unwanted side affects of too much air.
    Actually I have noticed the flavours and nic fade since I've been using the frother, and I have to add more..thanks fab I thought there had to be a reason.
    fabricator4 likes this.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,409
    The most scary video on Youtube, lol.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kjuUTiSeDw

    I was relieved when he took the saw off his lap.
    Last edited by gert; 15-05-17 at 10:49 AM.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:46 AM.