Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: DIY flavour concentrates?

  1. #51
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Mate... I had to do a finger dip before capping it and putting it away, of course. After its three ten second blasts in the nuke machine, it tastes awesome. Hope that translates to the tank - vanilla green tea tastes better than my current vanilla concentrate.

    I did up 50ml, eventually, and added a second teabag. 40ml VG, 10ml DW...

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    That's awesome the taste test is the key gotta make sure its good before you put it away lol

    The DW thin the mixer out a bit to I'm assuming.
    I made a batch of peach and apricot green tea up a week ago I'm gonna mix it tomorrow hoping its as good as the tea tastes
    staceman101 likes this.

  2. #52
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    That's awesome the taste test is the key gotta make sure its good before you put it away lol

    The DW thin the mixer out a bit to I'm assuming.
    I made a batch of peach and apricot green tea up a week ago I'm gonna mix it tomorrow hoping its as good as the tea tastes
    I gather I microwave it for a few seconds again, in a weeks time, to thin it for straining?

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Boots likes this.

  3. #53
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    I gather I microwave it for a few seconds again, in a weeks time, to thin it for straining?

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Yep I do another nuke for 10s just so its liquid enough to filter.
    Might need a little longer for VG tho. Play it by ear and see how it goes.
    staceman101 likes this.

  4. #54
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Yep I do another nuke for 10s just so its liquid enough to filter.
    Might need a little longer for VG tho. Play it by ear and see how it goes.
    I usually use doubled up paper towels... but someone said recently that coffee filters are better. What's your preference?

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Boots likes this.

  5. #55
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    I usually use doubled up paper towels... but someone said recently that coffee filters are better. What's your preference?

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    I use needle top filters (whatman filters) they come in all different sizes for different grades of filtration. But I have used coffee filters before they do the trick without getting soggy
    Hydrophobic Syringe Filter Set 0.45um 27mm diameter pack of 5 - unit pipette | eBay
    staceman101 likes this.

  6. #56
    Doc
    Doc is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    546
    The ethanol I can get is only 99.5% pure. The 0.5% being gameaux denaturant. So no good. Proof over 200%. Bugga.
    If its got tits or tyres, you got problems.

  7. #57
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I use needle top filters (whatman filters) they come in all different sizes for different grades of filtration. But I have used coffee filters before they do the trick without getting soggy
    Hydrophobic Syringe Filter Set 0.45um 27mm diameter pack of 5 - unit pipette | eBay
    Hey Boots.

    I got me some coffee filters, and it seems straining is even slower through those than through paper towels - which means that more micro particles are being removed.

    Question, though. How many times can I pulse this stuff in the nuke machine to thin the viscosity?

    Also... I can't find anything online, but do you think they use oils in flavoured teas? I don't want to vape oil... but I've stocked up on some yummy teas and want to make extractions from them...

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

  8. #58
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Hey Boots.

    I got me some coffee filters, and it seems straining is even slower through those than through paper towels - which means that more micro particles are being removed.

    Question, though. How many times can I pulse this stuff in the nuke machine to thin the viscosity?

    Also... I can't find anything online, but do you think they use oils in flavoured teas? I don't want to vape oil... but I've stocked up on some yummy teas and want to make extractions from them...

    Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    I usually only have to blast it a couple of times to thin it out. But you might need to heat it up a bit more being vg base.
    I've tried researching oil levels in green tea before and come up with nothing concrete.
    The only solutions I could find myself is to check the filters as your straining the out you may see a slight oil ring. Or the other way to check I heard about is to boil the teas in just water the night before and leave it sit over night. The worst ones I've have seen being cranberry tea have when cold a oil shine on the surface and I avoid them.
    1ynne and staceman101 like this.

  9. #59
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,901
    Fab got me onto soaking fine ground coffee beans in PG ... and so I then tried just soaking Organic rose petals (that I use in my teas) no heat.. and well.. they were just too delicate...but they made a pretty coloured mush... in the compost Now I have some really yummy tasmanian organic lavender flowers that I also use for tea... ( I cold brew teas) they seemed pretty robust....but have you ever tried those Boots? without heat ?

    Edit to add: Have you tried cold brewing... both coffee and tea are totally delicious when cold brewed - no bitterness just a clean clear intense flavour
    Last edited by 1ynne; 23-06-17 at 05:09 PM.
    staceman101 likes this.


    Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

  10. #60
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    Fab got me onto soaking fine ground coffee beans in PG ... and so I then tried just soaking Organic rose petals (that I use in my teas) no heat.. and well.. they were just too delicate...but they made a pretty coloured mush... in the compost Now I have some really yummy tasmanian organic lavender flowers that I also use for tea... ( I cold brew teas) they seemed pretty robust....but have you ever tried those Boots? without heat ?

    Edit to add: Have you tried cold brewing... both coffee and tea are totally delicious when cold brewed - no bitterness just a clean clear intense flavour
    Yep I've cold brewed tea and coffee and it does work really well
    The brand of green tea I like unfortunately doesn't disperse flavour well at all if I cold brew.
    Just leaves a watery base with hardly a hint of flavour I first started trying with cold brewing and was left severely disappointed with my first batch of mint green tea lol
    staceman101 likes this.

 

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:48 AM.