Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: DIY flavour concentrates?

AVF Regular

DIY flavour concentrates?

Does anyone make their own flavour concentrates? Looking for some ideas... I've done a decent chocolate, a decent mocha and a decent cinnamon thus far...

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Boots likes this.

AVF Regular
    This is an interesting concept DIY flavour then DIY juice

AVF Regular
    I do vanilla and coffee since you already have a coffee recipe here my easy vanilla extract.
    two vanilla beans split down the middle leaving the ends intact in a small jar with 10ml - 20ml of PG, capped and left in a drawer (no light) for two weeks or more results in a very nice natural vanilla extract suitable for mixing. I mixed up a juice with it at 5% the other day and it completely overwelmed the coffee flavour... so next time I will go 1%.
    rockmoose and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah... I did a vanilla some time back. WAY strong, but clean flavour.
    I was hoping for custard, but it was just burnt shit on the coil. Also hoping for a biscuit... a cream... any that usually cost me too much with p&h...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Does anyone make their own flavour concentrates? Looking for some ideas... I've done a decent chocolate, a decent mocha and a decent cinnamon thus far...
    Well, spill the beans! How do you make your own flavours?

I've got a baggie of cinnamon in the cupboard, and being able to actually use it for something would be nice.

(It's in sticks, and a cast iron female dog to use...)

Next time I find some vanilla beans I'll try that as well.

What else is there? Mint? Got heaps of that outside as well. Not sure how that would go, but still, I've got it and it's just sitting outside...

Stu.
    staceman101 and Boots like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I do vanilla and coffee since you already have a coffee recipe here my easy vanilla extract.
    two vanilla beans split down the middle leaving the ends intact in a small jar with 10ml - 20ml of PG, capped and left in a drawer (no light) for two weeks or more results in a very nice natural vanilla extract suitable for mixing. I mixed up a juice with it at 5% the other day and it completely overwelmed the coffee flavour... so next time I will go 1%.
    Strange, I did the same thing but found the vanilla flavour was weak-ish ... perhaps my tastebuds though
    staceman101 and Boots like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Strange, I did the same thing but found the vanilla flavour was weak-ish ... perhaps my tastebuds though
    It could be or it could be I left mine in the draw for a very long time I actually forgot it was in there lol
    2 weeks is a good amount of time smooth and just sweet enough way better then the unknown amount of time
    I'm also more of a menthol and mint mixer so sweet stuff seems extremely potent.
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post

I've got a baggie of cinnamon in the cupboard, and being able to actually use it for something would be nice.

What else is there? Mint? Got heaps of that outside as well. Not sure how that would go, but still, I've got it and it's just sitting outside...

Stu.
    Hey Schtoo.

For chocolate, 2tsp good quality cocoa stirred into 30ml PG (or, in my case, 27ml VG + 3ml DW).
    Fold 2 bits of paper towel in half and half again, so you have a point/funnel... and sit that in a glass.
    With your cocoa... pop that in the microwave for 10 seconds, swirl it around and then pour it into your funnel and let it drip through into the glass. Yum.

Mocha... 1tsp cocoa, 1tsp coffee (the web recipe said to use coffee grounds. I used instant - Nescafe Blend 43...) - delish.

Coffee... 2tsp coffee, same method.

Cinnamon... 2tsp ground cinnamon (crush up your sticks...)

All have yielded 10 - 20ml for me of very usable concentrate - ideally used between 10 - 20% (depending what else is in your juice).

Custard powder DOES NOT WORK. Tasted floury, and added a layer of shit to my coil that made me sad...

gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post

Stu.
    I do the exact same with mint just make sure you filter it out before you use it otherwise you end up with a chunky solution. I found dried mint works better as well.
    gtadmin and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    When I did mine, I followed a recipe online that had it steep in vodka. The taste was quite decent, but it overpowered everything else...

gtadmin and Boots like this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast