Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Chamomile tea...

AVF Regular
    Ok tbh, the jelly beans are still in the trial phase. I did try them once a while back and the result was tasty but flat. I believe the reason for that was either or both the fact they were cheapo jelly beans and/or the bulk of the available sugars are bound up by the gelatin and therefore unable to prime the brew.
    I've since done a test with soft eating licorice which worked wonderfully, although there was quite a bit of sludge at the bottom, requiring decanting to a glass for a clear tasty ale. I'll definitely be doing this one again.
    I currently have another couple of bottles with good brand black jelly beans, but they do still appear to be struggling to dissolve the gelatin. I reckon they'll probably be flat upon opening, in which case I'll simply re prime them with sugar and recap.
    Any residue or remaining jelly beans will simply be left in the bottles after decanting to a glass.
    To calculate how much licorice/jelly beans etc to add to each bottle, simply check the nutrition chart on the packet and figure how much weight of product you need to achieve 8 grams of sugar per litre. Although apparently the gelatin in the jelly beans gets in the way of that.
    Fine tuning still needed, but definitely worth it imo.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Deadonarrival likes this.

AVF Regular
    Meanwhile while i was at woolies today, i saw both whole star anise and fennel seeds in the spice section, next week ill get motivated enough to buy some and whack some in a bottle with PG
    Thinking

Bottle 1: Star Anise
    Bottle 2: Fennel Seed
    Bottle 3: Star Anise & Fennel Seed
    Sublime and Boots like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Just a quick update on my aniseed quest

So i had planned on 3 bottles with different combos as above, but i of course didnt have enough spare bottles, given too many away, so i went with one

Containing:

2 teaspoons of fennel seeds
    5 star anise stars broken and chopped up

In about 50 ml of PG

A week in and the smell at least is promising....im going to leave it a month and then filter it and try some...
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345