Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Someones' idea of the Virus H1N1

AVF Regular

Someones' idea of the Virus H1N1

Hello to all. Can someone with more nouse than I have a look at this recipe and let me know your thoughts and opinions please? It was my first bash at a DIY juice. I thought the flavour % was massive from what I can gather here on AVF but followed the recipe anyway. It came from Vaping underground site. Loved the original to bits!
    I made 30ml of this concoction and used an eliquid calculator to do so. 12 mg nic target. First up, at birth, what I could smell was 75% coffee w/ 20% Virginia & 5% nuts in that order. I left it in a cold room (it is winter here in tropical N/E Vic, 0 c some nights til lunch time) in the dark with the lid off for a few days then capped it.
    The aroma has settled a bit over the last week and has subtled the coffee down to about 50% with other aromas coming through. Tasted it in a new atty after a week today and it wasn't what I expected. A little 'woody' and pleasant enough though a little chemical like, & from what I gather via AVF needs more of a steep.
    Does the cold affect the steeping time? Or the exposure/none to air ?
    TIA. Doc.

Ingredient - ml - grams - % respectively
    Nicotine juice PG 100 mg (100% PG) 0.9 - 0.9 - 36
    PG dilutant 0.22 - 0.23 - 1.47
    VG dilutant 9.75 - 12.3 - 65
    Total base 10.87- 13.46 - 72.47
    Branded 555 Tobacco (FW) 0.6 - 0.6 - 4
    Caramel (Original) (TPA) 0.45 - 0.45 - 3
    Catalan Cream (FA) 0.6 -0.6 - 4
    Cinnamon Danish (TPA) 0.08 - 0.08 - 0.5
    Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA) 0.9 - 0.9 - 6
    Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA) 0.3 - 0.3 - 2
    Nut Mix (FA) 0.3 - 0.3 - 2
    RY4 (TPA) 0.9 - 0.9 - 6
    Totals 15ml 17.59g 100%

Strength: 6 mg
    PG/VG-ratio: 35/65
    Flavor total: 4.13 ml / 4.13g (27.5%)
    Last edited by DocM; 17-07-17 at 01:23 AM.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    The weights may not be accurate - eg weight of nic base is 1 here. I'd check all the weights if you are measuring by them

Yes the flavour ratio is really high; some people like it like that and I've never tried that liquid so I can't say. Most of my stuff is around 10% or less, including any menthol and cooling agents (usually). There seems to be a perception that liquids with huge amounts of flavouring are "premium". I tend to think that a premium flavour is actually a complex flavour that has some thought behind it... one that you don't get sick of easily because a well crafted liquid has few negatives and a whole lot of complexity to keep you interested.

The only other observation I'll make is that this is a remarkable similar flavour profile to my ADV, but grossly overflavoured by comparison. I also at some point substituted the caramel type flavourings (caramel and RY4) with a tiny amount of menthol, because it cleaned up the flavour and actually prevents flavour fatigue. You get desensitised to the menthol, but not the tobacco and other flavours. I find caramels a bit sickly to be honest.
    DocM and flyingfox12 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

rhf
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    from my googlefu
    someones take on it
    The Virus H1N1
    by Nicoticket
    3% Yuco (JF) juice factory super concentrate
    3% Canat (JF) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    10% Caramel (TPA)
    3% Hazelnut (TPA)
    DocM likes this.

rhf
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    your recipe seems a bit strong on flavour,maybe split your 30ml into 3 or more smaller bottles and dilute with pg/vg
    put 5ml into a smaller bottle and ad 5ml of pg/vg
    i find a lot of tobacco flavours need 3 to 4 weeks steeping
    a lot of them around 3 weeks suddenly change dramatically
    and a bit of warmth helps

AVF Regular
    [QUOTE=fabricator4;891944]The weights may not be accurate - eg weight of nic base is 1 here. I'd check all the weights if you are measuring by them

Thank you Fab4 and rhf.
    Sound thinking and advice.
    I'm pacing up and down the footpath waiting for scales that seem to be AWOL at the moment so it was measured by syringe. What you wrote rhf sounds to be a possibly better, less complicated option. I loved the original Nickoticket and went in boots and all first up. As I understand it so far, it's a lot like cooking. Addition of some flavours will enhance or dissipate others. Correct?
    Last edited by DocM; 17-07-17 at 12:31 PM.
    merexy likes this.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Thank you Fab4 and rhf.
    Sound thinking and advice.
    I'm pacing up and down the footpath waiting for scales that seem to be AWOL at the moment so it was measured by syringe. What you wrote rhf sounds to be a possibly better, less complicated option. I loved the original Nickoticket and went in boots and all first up. As I understand it so far, it's a lot like cooking. Addition of some flavours will enhance or dissipate others. Correct?
    That's exactly right. For example in this recipe, the cream type flavours make it smoother. The caramel type flavours would add body and warmth, and the nut adds complexity to the tobacco. (I actually do use FA nut mix in my ADV these days, though formerly it was FA hazelnut)

My issue is that these type of adjunct flavours don't need to be in such high concentrations to have this affect. It really depends on what you need.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 17-07-17 at 03:31 PM.
    DocM likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks heaps for the input Fab4. Left it in the atty for next weeks diagnosis. P.s. The nut did the DIY in the 1st place!
    fabricator4 likes this.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Cat
    AVF Regular
    This is one of my favourite flavours so I bought several bottles before Clark went out of business. I think steeping it for at least a month makes a huge difference to the original, so it may well be the same for your recipe. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it after you have steeped it for a while.
    DocM likes this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Hahhh! Patience you say ............ I can't wait. Mr Kent did nice work agreed.
    A bit like drinking in moderation. If it aint in the Navman I aint going there! But will have to.
    Last edited by DocM; 17-07-17 at 03:49 PM.
    Cat likes this.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

AVF Regular
    Been steeping for a fortnight now, and it's improved out of sight. A bit like the original in the way it changes on the inhale and exhale, while leaving a fairy floss like note in the room.
    Anyone have a time machine where I can zoom to next fortnight and have another go at it? I was an impatient sod when I home brewed beer as well. Beer was green and me too at times, but I learnded.
    Last edited by DocM; 22-07-17 at 08:25 PM.
    fabricator4, Cat and PATDACAT like this.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast