Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Concentrates stating "Clear"

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Should the concentrates be in the fridge?
    My Capella Marshmallow concentrate was clear.its been sitting on the desk for a while and beginning to go yellow.
    Protect it from light at least - store it in a cupboard.

It's unclear whether refrigeration would be beneficial to flavourings, and it probably depends on what flavours. Freezing might be as damaging to some as heat is to others. For example freezing WS-3 coolant would almost certain caused it to crystalise out. Not completely disastrous but certainly inconvenient.

Personally I haven't found any but a very few flavourings that age badly. They might have some colour, but still work perfectly fine. If you haven't used it in two years, then you don't like it well enough to worry about it anyway (chuck it out).

The problem kind of crystalises itself - Freezing seems inadvisable, and refrigeration is only convenient if you have a smaller number of flavours. I'd need to take up at least one shelf in the fridge, and I can just imaging Mrs Fabs response to that scenario. It might be about time to take my own advice, and chuck some stuff out... but, but, I'm a flavour magpie.
    gert, DocM, emu and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Protect it from light at least - store it in a cupboard.

It's unclear whether refrigeration would be beneficial to flavourings, and it probably depends on what flavours. Freezing might be as damaging to some as heat is to others. For example freezing WS-3 coolant would almost certain caused it to crystalise out. Not completely disastrous but certainly inconvenient.

Personally I haven't found any but a very few flavourings that age badly. They might have some colour, but still work perfectly fine. If you haven't used it in two years, then you don't like it well enough to worry about it anyway (chuck it out).

The problem kind of crystalises itself - Freezing seems inadvisable, and refrigeration is only convenient if you have a smaller number of flavours. I'd need to take up at least one shelf in the fridge, and I can just imaging Mrs Fabs response to that scenario. It might be about time to take my own advice, and chuck some stuff out... but, but, I'm a flavour magpie.
    I ran out of real estate in my fridge so had to do the inevitable...buy a bar fridge.

I've now got all my favourite recipes(about 20) stored in flavour packs. When I go to mix up say, the Cuttwood Unicorn Milk clone, I just reach for the Unicorn container and all the flavourings are there and ready to go.

It's still a whole lot cheaper than smoking.
    DocM, rockmoose, emu and 1 others like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I ran out of real estate in my fridge so had to do the inevitable...buy a bar fridge.
    Me too

Ashley, DocM and shinguv like this.

AVF Regular

I've now got all my favourite recipes(about 20) stored in flavour packs. When I go to mix up say, the Cuttwood Unicorn Milk clone, I just reach for the Unicorn container and all the flavourings are there and ready to go.

It's still a whole lot cheaper than smoking.
    I rarely vape more than 100mls of anything other than my four year ADV so I'm a bit wary of mixing too much of anything. The ADV though gets mixed in 250ml batches, that's about it. Mostly, the rest gets 30ml batches because I never know when I'll move on to something else.
    DocM, emu and staceman101 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Me too

Two bar fridges and a deep freeze! I'm going to have to step up my game!
    emu and staceman101 like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Two bar fridges and a deep freeze! I'm going to have to step up my game!
    Lol the deep freeze is just for the nic..!
    fabricator4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Lol the deep freeze is just for the nic..!
    Well I hope for your sake that Vapageddon doesn't come before the year 2135
    emu and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I rarely vape more than 100mls of anything other than my four year ADV so I'm a bit wary of mixing too much of anything. The ADV though gets mixed in 250ml batches, that's about it. Mostly, the rest gets 30ml batches because I never know when I'll move on to something else.
    Have you posted your adv recipe Fab4 or, when you go, it goes too? I'd be interested to know
    Proud owner of #4 Bastard file and various ecoutrements.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Should the concentrates be in the fridge?
    My Capella Marshmallow concentrate was clear.its been sitting on the desk for a while and beginning to go yellow.
    I dont know if it helps but I keep mine in the fridge - mostly just a stockpile of one concentrate. they all look the same as the day I bought them. I tend to think in the height of summer it would help keep them at their best.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Have you posted your adv recipe Fab4 or, when you go, it goes too? I'd be interested to know
    A few people do have my recipe for Light Horse. Other's have tasted it
    emu likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12