Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By shanereis1200
  • 2 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By cpvaps

Thread: flavourart custard......

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Red face flavourart custard......

hey guys, i just wanted to get some insight into this product, i received my 30ml bottle concentrate FA Custard today....and oh my is she strong.... should this product look almost rum like dark golden color... it also carries a super strong almost citrus scent to it....im not getting any custard notes at all....is this normal..... any feedback would be awesome......cheers friends......
    emu and The Neophyte King like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Have you mixed it shane ? Have to let it steep for a while ( 2 weeks min) then try it out.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shanereis1200 View Post
    hey guys, i just wanted to get some insight into this product, i received my 30ml bottle concentrate FA Custard today....and oh my is she strong.... should this product look almost rum like dark golden color... it also carries a super strong almost citrus scent to it....im not getting any custard notes at all....is this normal..... any feedback would be awesome......cheers friends......
    FA custard has citrus in it and the color is right too. I'm not a fan of FA custard, it is no custard for me...

AVF Regular
    I copped the same thing with FA French Vanilla. The citrus note... it shouldn't be there! I thought maybe the bottle had been mis-labelled.

It's only my opinion but here goes... Capella for Custards and Vanillas.

Sydney Vapour still stocks Cap Vanilla Custard original. It's the best. They have the V2 as well if the ingredients in the original bother you. It's really good too, though not quite as strong.

Super Moderator
    Actually, I think FA Custard is a pure custard (which has no vanilla in it BTW)

HeadInClouds (from VU) Notes:

If you are looking for an American vanilla pudding flavor, read my notes on FA's Vienna Cream, Catalan Cream, and all three FA Vanilla flavors. FA Custard is a true custard flavor, the chef version made by cooking egg yolks, sugar, milk/cream, and vanilla into a thickened cream.

FA is an Italian company, so they've included lemon zest as an Italian chef would. This is a bright, sweet, lemony-vanilla cream. Use Custard with your favorite fruits to make them creamy. The vanilla accents all fruit flavors, and the lemon complements most.

If you enjoy vaping fresh fruit flavors, you need FA Custard. Gelato is Italian ice cream that begins with cooked custard. Simply adding FA Custard to your favorite FA fresh fruit flavors can give you authentic Italian gelato flavor. The stronger the fruit flavor is, the higher the ratio of Custard to fruit.

If a (real food) recipe begins with egg yolks, milk/cream, and sugar stirred together over heat, then the vape equivalent needs FA Custard. You'll find it's the beginning of many cooked candies, ice cream, cakes, pies/tarts, and numerous other European and American desserts.

It adds bright sweetness that also complements deeper, bolder flavors - like chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, maple, tobaccos, rum, and nuts. Whether you're working on chocolate-rum mousse, butterscotch pudding, or even a smoother/brighter tobacco - any time you need bright-sweet-creaminess - try adding FA Custard. You can use along with Vienna Cream to minimize the lemon flavor.

And another (shorter) take on it, this time from ECF

FA Custard is a very Italian flavor. It's not as rich as Vienna Cream, and has no vanilla. It's like zabaglione without the wine, not American goopy custard. Zabaglione is just slightly carmelized cream and eggs. It often has a little lemon, often served with a sprinkle of cinnamon. As an Italian company, that's exactly what FA made their Custard for. It goes great with fresh fruit, just like real zabaglione.)
    1ynne and rockmoose like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Yes it does has an almost lemon zest accent to it and shines in citrus custard/icecream/tart recipes. Dazcole uses it in his dinner lady lemon tart remix and HIC in his lemon meringue pie. BTW.....Dazcole's dinner lady lady lemon tart remix is awesome.
    1ynne likes this.