Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Questions about unflavoured ejuice

emu
    AVF Regular
    Altitude might play a part combined with different air quality, warm thick salty air on the coast as opposed to thin clean air at Toowoomba, dunno really.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    Altitude might play a part combined with different air quality, warm thick salty air on the coast as opposed to thin clean air at Toowoomba, dunno really.
    That's a very interesting point. Toowoomba is at 690 meters and while that only changes the boiling point of water by about 0.7C it shouldn't be ruled out as a contributing factor. I can't find data on how elevation effects the boiling point of PG or VG. There's something else going on though - I had to lower the temperature and found the coil badly gunked up after only four days, so much so the flavour was bad and I had to change the wick. That has never happened to me before with my ADV. It's not a wicking issue - with the TC setup I have I can vape a wick dry with no burning.
    emu likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I go from just above sea level to 700-800m regularly with my trip to the highlands and never have to adjust anything, apart from deep winter where i might bump the temp an additional 10c to 195c if it got to around 0 to counter the ambient cooler air outside (i vape outside even in the dead of a highlands winter). Even at near 0 i was running the Lemo 2 with the worlds smallest juice holes with 70%VG, even i was amazed because the juice was like clag at times. Same vape out the tip as ever. With the TB if i have to adjust more than 10c above normal i know its prolly going to be my build or a bad 510. My first ever mod, the MVP30, before i started temp controlling, it would intermittenly drop resistence and id have to take the tank off and recentre and reseat the damn 510 almost every day during winter.

Worst thing thats ever happened to me going to altitude/wildly different temp was the pressure differential when i had the Subleak Spitty...that was leaky at sea level, but it would dump its guts by the time i got to Bowral. Bloody Lemo 2 has never had its airflow closed and never even looked like leaking...its made that trip for years

I knew the night couldnt end without having a Kanger reference
    emu likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    The first unflavoured juice I made was 60vg/40pg, that tasted dry as OP explained, I almost didn't bother continuing.

After I tried at 70vg/30pg that was my (personal) sweet spot, now I'm an unflavoured junkie. Maybe you need to go a little higher than that?

Another problem that may cause it was with a batch of PG from basedrop earlier in the year, made my unflavoured juice like sucking on cotton balls.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12