Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Questions about unflavoured ejuice

AVF Regular
    Does any of the above mentioned liquids have an expiry? PG VG & N?
    I store in cool dry place with no adverse heat/cold changes and noticed that the special additive doesn't seem to hit as much as it used to?
    DocM likes this.
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I store in cool dry place with no adverse heat/cold changes and noticed that the special additive doesn't seem to hit as much as it used to?
    Not sure about PG/vg but nic certainly does. The strength degrades over a period of time especially the higher the mg/higher temp it's stored in and air in the bottle will break it down. A good place way store nic is to break it down into smaller bottles in the freezer with minimal air which will slow down the degradation. Someone else might be able to explain it better then I can.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    DocM and Sully like this.

AVF Regular
    Under those conditions, PG is two years, VG I work on one year though that may be an underestimation. Neither change very much.

Nicotine is the problem, because it actively oxidises. This happens less in PG, because PG will stabilise it a bit. You'll notice nic in PG will start to colour up after six weeks maybe. It's starts off faint and gets darker with more time and more air in the bottle. Once you have noticeable colour more of the nicotine has been oxidised and it starts to develop more flavour. It won't hurt you, but yes the actual nicotine content is dropping. As it gets darker, the flavour may become more objectionable, but it still won't hurt you. You may not want to vape it at that point.

There doesn't appear to be a direct correlation between colour and flavour. It's possible to have lightly coloured nic that is vomitous, and darkly coloured nic that is palatable. The quality of the nicotine may have something to do with this but there's obviously other factors involved as well.

For long term storage this is why we recommend small glass bottles filled right to the top to exclude as much air as possible, and stored in the freezer, as cold as possible. This can really extend your nicotine life to many years.

ETA: there are different types of compounds that nicotine oxidises into, but one of the by-products appears to be Niacin (B3)
    https://underdogsbiteupwards.wordpre...c-acid-niacin/
    Last edited by fabricator4; 14-10-17 at 02:57 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Was in the fridge for a while there but I got slack, lesson learnt, new stuff to order :/
    thanks Bryce
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Under those conditions, PG is two years, VG I work on one year though that may be an underestimation. Neither change very much.

Nicotine is the problem, because it actively oxidises. This happens less in PG, because PG will stabilise it a bit. You'll notice nic in PG will start to colour up after six weeks maybe. It's starts off faint and gets darker with more time. Once you have noticeable colour more of the nicotine has been oxidised and it starts to develop more flavour. It won't hurt you, but yes the actual nicotine content is dropping. As it gets darker, the flavour may become more objectionable, but it still won't hurt you. You may not want to vape it at that point.

There doesn't appear to be a direct correlation between colour and flavour. It's possible to have lightly coloured nic that is vomitous, and darkly coloured nic that is palatable. The quality of the nicotine may have something to do with this but there's obviously other factors involved as well.

For long term storage this is why we recommend small glass bottles filled right to the top to exclude as much air as possible, and stored in the freezer, as cold as possible. This can really extend your nicotine life to many years.
    Never had much in flavour degredation but noticed I was how do I word it, needing to hit it more, admittedly I did fall off the wagon badly for a month and only just getting back on, Ill order more, they were in glass bottle but not filled to the top, be too dangerous to add more say from 1.8 ml per 30 (100mg/) to 2.6? probably not worth risk but I was thinking going up to 6-9% anyway for a few weeks.
    thanks Fab
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Never had much in flavour degredation but noticed I was how do I word it, needing to hit it more, admittedly I did fall off the wagon badly for a month and only just getting back on, Ill order more, they were in glass bottle but not filled to the top, be too dangerous to add more say from 1.8 ml per 30 (100mg/) to 2.6? probably not worth risk but I was thinking going up to 6-9% anyway for a few weeks.
    thanks Fab
    Well my nicotine has gone up and down several times on my journey. I tend to use what makes me happy these days. I need a lot more on a MTL device, but went as low as 6mg/ml when I was sick. I'm not sure I attribute it all to lost nicotine because I think it's fairly unusual to notice it dropping. Slight changes in your vaping like dropping the watts a little bit can make more difference.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    After 7.5 years of vaping, I got onto unflavoured about three years ago and haven't looked back.
    I chain vape like I once chain smoked.
    I just need the nic hit, all day. I loved RY4 flavour when I started vaping, because it tasted most like a ciggie.
    To me unflavoured nic tastes more like a ciggie than any flavours I've tried, I'm loving it.
    Another advantage is my RTA coils & wick seem to last forever.
    Today I thought I'd put a new wick in my ADV Lemo2 after the last wick change on 01/08/2017,
    Pulled it apart, had a look, then put it back together again, didn't even dry burn the coil.
    But I only vape 18mg, 50/50 VG/PG at 5 - 7 Watts.

As for shelf life of Nic, I've mixed and vaped four year old nic, from the original dark glass bottle, kept in a deep dark drawer.
    Never been near a fridge or freezer. Looks & tastes OK to me.
    I do order 500ml X 100mg.

Suck it and see.
    DocM, emu and fridgemagnet like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Ah nope, i mix, shake very well and vape straight away...it will benefit from a steep (to fully blend), but in the order of days, not weeks

Mix, shake, vape has gotten me through 2.5 years with unflavoured
    You don't know what ya missin style, I was a shake n vape until I made so much it was a compulsory steep for a couple of months, by the time I got around to vaping it - it was well and truly aged and so much better than days old stuff.
    Ever since then I always keep a few months ahead and have become quite fond of matured juice, it's so much better ..!!!
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    You don't know what ya missin style, I was a shake n vape until I made so much it was a compulsory steep for a couple of months, by the time I got around to vaping it - it was well and truly aged and so much better than days old stuff.
    Ever since then I always keep a few months ahead and have become quite fond of matured juice, it's so much better ..!!!
    I reckon he might Emu, as you do too! Diffrent strokes etc.
    emu likes this.
    When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123