Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Questions about unflavoured ejuice

AVF Regular

Questions about unflavoured ejuice

Mainly for the guys and gals that vape unflavoured, played around with unflavoured here and there and find it quite enjoyable but there's one issue. It's feels dry...I normally run fused Clapton's at 0.2 either on a mech or at 70w. Vaping away with dragons blood and the vapour feels wet and flavourful, tried out unflavoured every week or so and the vapour feels dry and scratchy if that makes sence, really enjoy unflavoured due to the crisp sweetness of the vg plus cotton wicks last for ages but not a fan of the scratchy feeling. It's also not hotspots or anything because I can drip flavoured on top and it's back to normal. Does anyone else experience this or could it be my mix is off?
    Mixing at 3mg 70/30vg, mixology nic and VE pg,vg

Love to hear your thoughts guys, cheers

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Do you mean youre vaping 70pg/30vg unflavoured...that would have more of a throat hit (due to higher pg) or scratchiness, especially at 70w (i barely hit half that on temp control on initial fire, dropping to the low 20's) than a bottled flavour mix, which is prolly 50vg/50vg or more likely higher vg

Try a mix of unflavoured at least 50pg/50vg or even higher vg, i favour 40pg/60vg and see how you go...just mix a small amount until you nail it

You may also want to adjust your wattage down a tad, ive long had a theory that people who are used to hammering wattage with flavoured juices tend to notice theyve been overcooking it when they go to unflavoured...flavour tends to hide the fact that at high temps vg/pg doesnt taste its best
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 11-09-17 at 03:50 PM.
    Fatman, fabricator4, DocM and 1 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 14/08/17

AVF Regular
    Sorry I miss wrote, ment 70 vg 30 pg is my everyday mix for flavours so stuck with it for unflavoured, today tried going max VG and it helped a little hopefully lowering the power will hit the nail on the head

DocM and stylemessiah like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    You could give Aussie ecigs a go for the Pg & Vg Bryce, since I switched from Basedrop (VE owns Basedrop) to Aussie, the unflavoured is much smoother and a cleaner taste. Aussie sells it in 100ml bottles cheap so you can sample without breaking the bank, I'm at 5mg's nic 50/50 and the same as you on 0.2 ohms but 55 watts is heaps for me.
    Juzzo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    You could give Aussie ecigs a go for the Pg & Vg Bryce, since I switched from Basedrop (VE owns Basedrop) to Aussie, the unflavoured is much smoother and a cleaner taste. Aussie sells it in 100ml bottles cheap so you can sample without breaking the bank, I'm at 5mg's nic 50/50 and the same as you on 0.2 ohms but 55 watts is heaps for me.
    Yup Aussie Ecigs is the goodness, them or VapeKing, neither have never done me wrong. The only vendors of consistently good pg/vg ive found in over 2.5 years
    emu likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Cheers for the advice guys, bought a few litres of both pg and vg from base drop, still good quality but always on the hunt for better plus it's good to stock up, tried lowering my wattage from 70w to 50w and was shocked at the difference, clean and smooth like it should be. Thrilled with the results so decided to mix up some 50/50 18mg for my kayfun, normally have it set to 18w toned it down to 11w and again clean and smooth with a decent TH. Unflavoured is defiently the way to go from here

Fatman, stylemessiah and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce.C View Post
    Cheers for the advice guys, bought a few litres of both pg and vg from base drop, still good quality but always on the hunt for better plus it's good to stock up, tried lowering my wattage from 70w to 50w and was shocked at the difference, clean and smooth like it should be. Thrilled with the results so decided to mix up some 50/50 18mg for my kayfun, normally have it set to 18w toned it down to 11w and again clean and smooth with a decent TH. Unflavoured is defiently the way to go from here

Dont worry you wont get thrown out of the high wattage/cloud broz club for lowering your wattage, its whatever makes it taste best to you...which is why i dont give two shits what people think

I run temp control and vape at a low 185c, and people still talk to me, mostly to tell me im an idiot and it cant possibly vapourise vg/pg at those temps, but still...theyre talking to me
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 11-09-17 at 08:03 PM.
    rockmoose and emu like this.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Exactly right! There's no wrong way to vape it's whatever you enjoy, it'll be good cutting back on liquid though practically drinking it at this point in time, first time vaping something below 70w(excluding mtl) in months and loving it, plus the benifits of not fogging out the front/back yard aswell

stylemessiah and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Dont worry you wont get thrown out of the high wattage/cloud broz club for lowering your wattage, its whatever makes it taste best to you...which is why i dont give two shits what people think

I run temp control and vape at a low 185c, and people still talk to me, mostly to tell me im an idiot and it cant possibly vapourise vg/pg at those temps, but still...theyre talking to me
    Of course we still talk to you, we talk to anyone

Now here's the thing... I just spent a week in Toowoomba house hunting. Even though the temperatures are warming up it was still a bit nippy most mornings and did not go over 18C most days. I was having some trouble with both the Subtank and the sjmy K5 and finished up turning the temperature down to 185C. Now that I'm back in Mackay I'm turning it up again but I'm a bit wary. 185 is not giving anything like a satisfying vape up here on 8mg/ml - neither throat hit or nicotine. I'd have to load it up to 18 or 24mg/ml to get anything out of it. The resistances were locked last week before I left home and have not been changed - they are still reading spot on and always did (at about 24C)

I was thinking that very cold air entering the chamber is throwing the TC off, but I was in a heated room a lot of the time so that doesn't seem to make any sense. Humidity is the only other variable I can think of. Toowoomba air at 8C outside temperatures when heated to coil temperatures would have almost no appreciable humidity left in it. I'm failing to understand why that is affecting the vaporisation temperatures but it does seem to be the only variable that is consistent with the results.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 11-09-17 at 09:29 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Weird....as you know the only change i make is between summer and winter...175c in summer, 185c in winter, my mix is always 12mg and my coil builds are always 0.6xx ohm. I literally change the temp at the start of the seasons and leave it be. The ePetite, being a DNA is a different beast, with the refining, which im not a fan of exactly (though i dont use atty lock to get around it - i do have to adjust the temp up and down some days)...the longest running mod i use, the TB doesnt even have atty lock, so i cant influence that side of things, the coil reads 0.6xx when the tank goes on, and when the tank comes off for a rebuild after 3/4 weeks. The TB still stands ahead of any other tc mod simply for that fact, put the tank on and it reads the ohms and thats what it uses, and it stays that resistence and the vape stays exactly the same no matter what. The later Smok tc mods as i found out are not a patch on the TB, for me, mostly due to the aggressive preheat curves - even soft was brutal as shit...but thats another story. Like ive said before, for a mod that has no way to be updated, they nailed it first try with the TB.
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 11-09-17 at 09:42 PM.

Handy shopping links:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast