Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Menthol Tobacco - How Hard Can It Be ????! A Tantrum & Plea for Help!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by SubyXV View Post
    Any updates with your parcel and the outcome ?
    Yes indeed. I have been sidetracked into exploring the contents of parcels from 3 generous AVFers, including Crisscross. Different batteries with different characteristics, been fun trying them out.

I've been using the supply of cartomizers to test individual concentrates mostly, a useful exercise. Crisscross' Halo Sub Zero clone is nice, however I came up with exactly the same nasty chemical aftertaste I was getting in my own mixes. And eucalyptus. I taste eucalyptus in all the menthol concentrates - I do not like eucalyptus.

After corresponding with fabricator4, I'm pretty sure the problem is that my tastebuds have become sensitised by menthol overload. I tried some juice with just peppermint concentrate, then the menthol mix and there was temporary relief from the aftertaste, so I think I must take the advice of others and try to lay off the menthol for a few days then try my most recent recipe again at a lower % of everything, including menthol.

Will update this post after that.

TRUTH - just like Taste - is Subjective

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks emu. I am using Koolada, which I believe is a similar product. Added some to my straight peppermint to give a bit more kick. Will start the menthol experiment again at a much lower concentration than before, see if that helps. Peppermint alone isn't bad, and the koolada makes it better.
    emu likes this.
    TRUTH - just like Taste - is Subjective

emu
    AVF Regular
    Sounds like you're on the right track then, I didn't know koolada was the same as the hiliq cooling agent, I've learnt something new. Hope you find your happy place again
    Katz-in-Boots likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123