Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Vanilla

Vanilla

Currently my 'all-day vape' is Black Licorice. And it's good.

But I am sure that, down the track, I'll get sick of it and need to take a break. I'm thinking that it would be wise to have gotten my act together BEFORE that happens so I'm ready with a new all day vape.

Now in that I'm extremely partial to vanilla I figured it would be a good candidate. But I'm having trouble getting a decent vanilla together.

I started with the Ultimate Vanilla from tastyvapor (where I got the licorice from) but it's not getting through my, admittedly, trashed tastebuds. I've already added 25 drops of PA French Vanilla to approximately 25 ml of the original and I still find it weak as.

So the question ... should I keep adding the PA French Vanilla until it works for me. Or is 25 drops and no-go an indication that I'm just not gonna be able to tast vanilla until my smoking ravaged tastebuds start to recover?

BTW - if anyone has a good recipe for Black Licorice I'd love to hear it ... I've got nic on the way and would prefer to be rolling my own liquids completely.

Vape on!

CCC
    Im not into DIY but from what i have read anywhere from 5% to 25% flavouring is needed, and they are all different, also are you letting it steep?
    AutumnGirl likes this.

Hi Scotty,

CCC is right. Having said that, I have on occasion put heaps of flavour in my mixes. It's a matter of taste really.

I know it's not easy, but are you able to describe the kind of vanilla you are seeking? I found Tasty Vapor's Ultimate Vanilla to be rather dull.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Im not into DIY but from what i have read anywhere from 5% to 25% flavouring is needed, and they are all different, also are you letting it steep?
    The original liquid was 'born' (lol ... I love that) on the 10th of Feb, and has been suitably stored since arrival. Once I decided it wasn't up to snuff, I hit it with 15 drops and let it sit for 5 days (not so much because I was letting it steep, but because the provari arrived and I had a different focus for a while ) I tried that and decided it needed more ... so I added another 10 drops and gave it 48 hours.

I'm not sure how much time it would need to steep when adding a concentrate - I'll leave it for a few more days and see what difference I can detect.
    CCC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Currently my 'all-day vape' is Black Licorice. And it's good.

But I am sure that, down the track, I'll get sick of it and need to take a break. I'm thinking that it would be wise to have gotten my act together BEFORE that happens so I'm ready with a new all day vape.

Now in that I'm extremely partial to vanilla I figured it would be a good candidate. But I'm having trouble getting a decent vanilla together.

I started with the Ultimate Vanilla from tastyvapor (where I got the licorice from) but it's not getting through my, admittedly, trashed tastebuds. I've already added 25 drops of PA French Vanilla to approximately 25 ml of the original and I still find it weak as.

So the question ... should I keep adding the PA French Vanilla until it works for me. Or is 25 drops and no-go an indication that I'm just not gonna be able to tast vanilla until my smoking ravaged tastebuds start to recover?

BTW - if anyone has a good recipe for Black Licorice I'd love to hear it ... I've got nic on the way and would prefer to be rolling my own liquids completely.

Vape on!
    Juice whore citrus vanilla tart. The number one, best flavour out there by far. Or you can try dels ultimate pipe for a caramel edge.
    If you inclined to do DIY. Grab two 6ml PA vanilla custard
    And one peach or another complimentary flavour and mix it all
    Together into a 30ml
    Bottle and you'll have a double to blend 50-50 with your nicotine
    It's cheap and effective
    Flitterby and ozydevil like this.

Quote Originally Posted by besure View Post
    Juice whore citrus vanilla tart. The number one, best flavour out there by far. Or you can try dels ultimate pipe for a caramel edge.
    If you inclined to do DIY. Grab two 6ml PA vanilla custard
    And one peach or another complimentary flavour and mix it all
    Together into a 30ml
    Bottle and you'll have a double to blend 50-50 with your nicotine
    It's cheap and effective
    That sounds yum!
    besure likes this.

The original liquid was 'born' (lol ... I love that) on the 10th of Feb, and has been suitably stored since arrival. Once I decided it wasn't up to snuff, I hit it with 15 drops and let it sit for 5 days (not so much because I was letting it steep, but because the provari arrived and I had a different focus for a while ) I tried that and decided it needed more ... so I added another 10 drops and gave it 48 hours.

I'm not sure how much time it would need to steep when adding a concentrate - I'll leave it for a few more days and see what difference I can detect.
    I doubt the flavour will change much now. My TV Vanilla is moths old and I use it to mix in with other stuff, rather than waste it.
    I was about to recommend PA Vanilla Custard too. It's a very sweet concentrate, so go easy if you use it.
    My all time favourite vanilla is Vanilla Custard from Ms T. I am yet to find anything as nice. I've been on a mission for a long time now to replicate it, but no luck so far. Her site is currently closed as she's been sick. She's a tad more expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnGirl View Post
    I know it's not easy, but are you able to describe the kind of vanilla you are seeking? I found Tasty Vapor's Ultimate Vanilla to be rather dull.
    Hiya Autumn!

I guess the best way I can describe what I'm after is "double shot vanilla milkshake" if that makes any sense.

I've only purchased vanilla from Tasty Vapor ... not tried any of the others. Are there any you recommend?

I actually went off the Atomic Cinnacide two weeks ago (mind you ... after Stoney's warning I've been cutting it pretty heavily so the impact is much lessened anyway) so that I could start experimenting with other flavors - so I'm glad you found it to be dull, as I was wondering if my tastebuds were completely cactus!

lol, just out of interest, did you find tastebuds dulled by the AC?
    AutumnGirl likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Hiya Autumn!

I guess the best way I can describe what I'm after is "double shot vanilla milkshake" if that makes any sense.

I've only purchased vanilla from Tasty Vapor ... not tried any of the others. Are there any you recommend?

I actually went off the Atomic Cinnacide two weeks ago (mind you ... after Stoney's warning I've been cutting it pretty heavily so the impact is much lessened anyway) so that I could start experimenting with other flavors - so I'm glad you found it to be dull, as I was wondering if my tastebuds were completely cactus!

Hey,
    You were probably typing as I was. read my post just above yours where I recommend a nice vanilla. My favourite anyway.
    No, not the AC! I was addicted to that stuff about 18 months ago. It killed my taste buds so bad, that it was all I could taste for ages, so I stayed on it and it was a vicious circle. Horrid, horrid stuff and I agree with Stoney re it should be banned. LOL. Geoff's Blend is no better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast