Thread: Diy help?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Diy help?

Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to the whole diy thing so just need a little advice.

I got all my vg, pg and flavours from vapoureyes, and my nic from vapoureyesNZ, the nic is 100mg/ml in pg.

I am aware that fresh juices need steeping, but everything I've mixed, including doublers I've made diluted needs quite a long steep to get rid of harshness in the vape, even lighter fruit type flavours I've still needed to steep for weeks to get rid of harshness. My diy mixes are generally max vg, I am just wondering if that much steeping is generally necessary to mellow out the harshness, which I'm putting down to either ethyl alcohol in the flavours or potentially the Nic?

Has anybody had experience with the VENZ Nic? I store mine in the freezer, shake before each use, measure my Nic then immediately close the bottle and return to freezer, although when I got the Nic it seems to maybe be oxidised some or had a slightly darker colour when looking down into the bottle, always clear in the syringe though.

I have flavours from these brands: Flavourart, Flavourwest, TFA and I do understand there is ethyl alcohol content in some of the flavours I have for sure which could also be the factor here.

But when people talk of a shake and vape I cringe because everything I've tried immediately has been so harsh i couldn't vape it atleast for a week or longer at which point there is still some harshness but it's slightly more tolerable, the only times I've been able to calm the harshness was with a small content of menthol or a month+ steep

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Super Moderator
    Have you tried 1 or 2 drops of Apple Cider Vinegar (per 10ml) as a smoothing agent ?
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Have you tried a couple of drops of Apple Cider Vinegar (in 30ml) as a smoothing agent ?
    This is something I haven't heard of, I'll have to try it.. We talking literally two drops?

Super Moderator
    Yep, 1 or 2 drops per 10ml (I edited the above for a more accurate answer). The ascetic acid does the work.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Just noticed the edit thank you, if the acetic acid does the work would regular vinegar do the work as it is simply dilute acetic acid solution? As I already have this for my copper mods, or is it specifically apple cider vinegar?

Super Moderator
    Most people don't have acetic acid in a powder form laying about Make a dilute solution of it with PG (10% is suggested) and then start with 1 drop per 10ml

Beautiful thank you very much I shall give that a try when I do my next batch

Super Moderator
    Don't expect miracles, but it does work ... and a note of caution; it will also tend to dull the flavour. FA also has a product called "Smooth" which does the same thing. You may still have to let you DIY breathe a bit allowing any alcohol to evaporate, and heating your liquid also speeds the ageing process up.

I do always start my steep with the lid off to let alcohol evaporate, I tend to stick with traditional steeping rather the heat steeping, I always plan ahead and make juice with time to steep before I run out so the time doesn't bother me as much as wanting to try my revisions on the mix generally. But thanks I'll shall try some apple cider vinegar and maybe also get the FA smooth and give that a shot thank you!