Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Mixing your juice

AVF Regular
    I prefer mixing by weight, order a few 100pks of 3ml pipettes for a few bucks and vg/PG in twist cap bottles. Cuts down the mixing time and clean up but is a bit more wasteful in terms of throwing away 15-20 pipettes per large batch of different flavours.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    I mix by mls only because i used to work at a medical supplies warehouse and literally have about 500 syringes in 3ml 10ml and 50ml that were all free of charge when the outer box was damaged.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    A couple of glass measuring cylinders are a must, only about $3 each and very accurate.
    I got em from mad about science, they have heaps of stuff for DIY mixer's.
    https://www.madaboutscience.com.au/s...ound-base.html
    Exactly where I got mine. Have 100ml and 200ml cylinders, but mainly use the 100ml as most of my bottles only hold 125ml.

It's super easy with my mixes being 3 to 5 concentrates
    emu likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Fasttech has had 30ml and 20ml syringes in glass for a while. Now also 10ml and 5ml. I just have the 5ml ones to get and I've got the full set and should be able to retire all the plastic.

The solution with the plastic is before the numbers rub off, go over them with a pointy scalpel and carve the tick marks on the plastic, then you can use them until the rubber plunger has worn out. Another problem with the plastic is that after washing the plungers get stuck in the tube - the solution is to put a drop of PG on the rubber before you re-assemble them.

The problem with the glass is that you should lubricate them with PG as well to stop the ground glass binding since it's an interference fit, and if you drop them they are cactus.

Mostly though, I measure by weight. The glass syringes are still very handy for transferring ingredients from larger bottles, and you don't need so many of the little buggers.

Yesterday I did a mixing session, about four liquids from scratch. I only used one syringe, and that was to transfer 20% menthol from the 100ml stock bottle I mixed from crystals. When I used to mix by volume, that level of activity would have used most of the syringes I own, at least half a sink full - half an hour of cleaning. Some of my mixes have 10 ingredients. One glass syringe and an 18 gauge needle, that's nothing.
    I heard about people using scotch tape to cover the numbers on syrgines but not sure what super tape they use because it comes off for me when washing the syringe out, others have taken to painting over the numbers with clear nail polish, that also seemed a bit dodgey, I came up with the idea of sliding clear heat shrink over the syringe, even went to the extent of putting a tiny rubber oring top/bottom to seal it completely water tight, in the end it didn't some very hygenic long-term. I said stuff it in the end and buy 20 - 1ml syringes for $2.40 from China. I've tried the glass ones but don't like how they wouldn't hold position when pulling up the liquid.

I only need them for nicotine mixing 30ml batches, the bases are done by weight and its unflavoured.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12