Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Mixing your juice

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Mixing your juice

I am curious to know if you all mix your juices by weight or by ml's etc ? I am loving doing it by weight and how simple and mess free it is. Do any of you have pro's and con's for your favourite mixing style ?

On the plus side for for me I feel a little like a mad scientist and every time I mix something using glass and scales etc, I feel a bit like pinky and the brain.... take over the world...

Super Moderator
    I mix small quantities and testers by volume (ie mls) and large volumes by weight
    Dilating Pupils likes this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I mix small quantities and testers by volume (ie mls) and large volumes by weight
    I was mixing via volume but I kept finding that whenever I needed a syringe it's numbers had disappeared and of course had no spares lol. Tried for ever to find a stainless and glass syringe and gave up, otherwise for smaller amounts I would probably be the same.

AVF Regular
    I got my glass syringes off the bay, slow boat, forget about stainless and glass, unless you want more parts to clean or plan on also being a vet or dentist...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1ML-50ML...l/292266398655

I only mix about 50ml ( a couple fo weeks for me) max at a time, so i got a 5ml (for nic) and a 30ml (for pg/vg), adjust the syringe sizes to your needs...

The 5ml i use with a blunt needle to draw up the nic, the 30ml i pour the vg/pg into the top and then plunger through

18 gauge blunt needles

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100Piece...l/192114130503

or if you dont want 100

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-10Pc...h/262871474557

Never been tempted by mix by weight, knowing my luck id put in too much of somethign and then have to recalulate the whole thing, and around in a circle id go. Syringe method is easy as for me
    Juzzo and Dilating Pupils like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilating Pupils View Post
    I was mixing via volume but I kept finding that whenever I needed a syringe it's numbers had disappeared and of course had no spares lol. Tried for ever to find a stainless and glass syringe and gave up, otherwise for smaller amounts I would probably be the same.
    A couple of glass measuring cylinders are a must, only about $3 each and very accurate.
    I got em from mad about science, they have heaps of stuff for DIY mixer's.
    https://www.madaboutscience.com.au/s...ound-base.html
    Juzzo and Dilating Pupils like this.

Style I think I might have a man crush on you lol. I went down the ebay road and got some off a vendor and all arrived with defects which scared me away. More then happy to try again with a recommended vendor so cheers mate.

Super Moderator
    I was mixing via volume but I kept finding that whenever I needed a syringe it's numbers had disappeared ....
    A bit of sticky tape or clear nail polish over the numbers fixes that

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Please read these rules

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    A bit of sticky tape or clear nail polish over the numbers fixes that
    And if you don't have any nail polish, gt will express you some of his.

Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    And if you don't have any nail polish, gt will express you some of his.

But ... but ... I only have poiple left
    rockmoose and Dilating Pupils like this.

Please read these rules

AVF Regular
    Fasttech has had 30ml and 20ml syringes in glass for a while. Now also 10ml and 5ml. I just have the 5ml ones to get and I've got the full set and should be able to retire all the plastic.

The solution with the plastic is before the numbers rub off, go over them with a pointy scalpel and carve the tick marks on the plastic, then you can use them until the rubber plunger has worn out. Another problem with the plastic is that after washing the plungers get stuck in the tube - the solution is to put a drop of PG on the rubber before you re-assemble them.

The problem with the glass is that you should lubricate them with PG as well to stop the ground glass binding since it's an interference fit, and if you drop them they are cactus.

Mostly though, I measure by weight. The glass syringes are still very handy for transferring ingredients from larger bottles, and you don't need so many of the little buggers.

Yesterday I did a mixing session, about four liquids from scratch. I only used one syringe, and that was to transfer 20% menthol from the 100ml stock bottle I mixed from crystals. When I used to mix by volume, that level of activity would have used most of the syringes I own, at least half a sink full - half an hour of cleaning. Some of my mixes have 10 ingredients. One glass syringe and an 18 gauge needle, that's nothing.
    rockmoose and Dilating Pupils like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast