Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Recommendations for Hiliq flavour concentrates

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Goulburn Valley
    Posts
    840

    Recommendations for Hiliq flavour concentrates

    After winning a 50% off voucher code in Hiliq's latest giveaway, and considering that I just stockpiled my nic supplies during their free shipping promo, I reckon that I may as well get some more concentrates. But I've only tried a few of their flavours before.
    I already have a plethora of assorted flavours from other brands, and I'll be looking to fill some holes in that. But I'm also thinking to buy 100ml ice cola, based on some good reviews I've read here. And 100ml mixed berries, based on reviews on Hiliq's site and the fact that I have a friend, mad about berry vapes, who I make juice for.
    I know that I should just try them all in smaller sizes first, but given my circumstances, that seems pointless.
    So I was hoping that some of you might inform me of your best and worst Hiliq flavours, as I reckon you lot will be more helpful than Saad, who reviews every flavour on Hiliq's site with the comment "it's better than good" just for a couple of points.
    TIA

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    RyanohRyan and 1ynne like this.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Griffith, NSW
    Posts
    3,424
    japanese soda concentrate smells like bubblegum but has a taste for the life of me i cant figure out what it reminds me of.
    mango conc is very mangoey and could double up as smelling salts.

    Actual juice ive got some mango and cream gathering dust, flavours were strong just not my cup of tea.
    Honey citrus, had a bite to it, kind of tasted like honey cough drops.

    Hiliq sent me a couple of 5ml conc samplers last time, Might be worth sending ryan an email.
    Lab boys might be able to whip a couple up for a nominal fee
    RyanohRyan and Sublime like this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,826
    have not tried it.. but I reckon Lil Rafs winning recipe for lemon cheesecake, sounded good and they sell it as a concentrate... also their custard is very Fosters Custard Powder sort of custard
    RyanohRyan and Sublime like this.


    Because we love our Vegemite. We all adore our Vegemite. IT PUTS A ROSE IN EVERY CHEEK !

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Goulburn Valley
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    japanese soda concentrate smells like bubblegum but has a taste for the life of me i cant figure out what it reminds me of.
    mango conc is very mangoey and could double up as smelling salts.

    Actual juice ive got some mango and cream gathering dust, flavours were strong just not my cup of tea.
    Honey citrus, had a bite to it, kind of tasted like honey cough drops.

    Hiliq sent me a couple of 5ml conc samplers last time, Might be worth sending ryan an email.
    Lab boys might be able to whip a couple up for a nominal fee
    Currently have Japanese soda in cart. Just trying to decide 30 or 100ml on that one.
    I was wondering about the mango cream, as I have 250ml of mango sorbet which is quite good. Might steer clear since I can create something along the same line with current stock. Thanks.
    Will definitely consider the honey citrus for the flu season, but I can't remember seeing it on the site?
    Thanks Hoofy

    ETA: I've just rechecked and found that Honey/Citrus is not available on the site as a concentrate in any size (I didn't check above 100ml).
    Looks like I'll be shooting Ryan that email.

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sublime; 28-12-17 at 01:28 PM.
    RyanohRyan likes this.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Goulburn Valley
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    have not tried it.. but I reckon Lil Rafs winning recipe for lemon cheesecake, sounded good and they sell it as a concentrate... also their custard is very Fosters Custard Powder sort of custard
    Already have 100ml in cart. Was waiting to hear something like this from someone such as yourself.
    Thanks 1ynne

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    RyanohRyan likes this.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Griffith, NSW
    Posts
    3,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Currently have Japanese soda in cart. Just trying to decide 30 or 100ml on that one.
    I was wondering about the mango cream, as I have 250ml of mango sorbet which is quite good. Might steer clear since I can create something along the same line with current stock. Thanks.
    Will definitely consider the honey citrus for the flu season, but I can't remember seeing it on the site?
    Thanks Hoofy

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    The mango cream and honey cit were both RTV juices back when i ordered.
    Hiliq use RTV as a testing bed if the flavors sell well then concs are made.

    https://www.hiliq.com/en/honey-citrus-e-liquid-flavor
    RyanohRyan and Sublime like this.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Goulburn Valley
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    The mango cream and honey cit were both RTV juices back when i ordered.
    Hiliq use RTV as a testing bed if the flavors sell well then concs are made.

    https://www.hiliq.com/en/honey-citrus-e-liquid-flavor
    I'm sure Ryan can manage to organise a 30ml concentrate for me 😊 I won't need more than that because I don't intend on getting the flu all that often 😷 Last winter was the first winter since I quit the stinkies, and I didn't get sick.

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    RyanohRyan likes this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    1,417
    I've tried a lot of their flavours (all RTV because I'm lazy lol). The 3 standouts have been Mango Sorbet, Ice Lychee and Lemon Cheesecake and they have and will be consistently reordered. Ice Kiwi and Ice Coke are not bad as well but will only be an occasional reorder.
    RyanohRyan and Sublime like this.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Goulburn Valley
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B_86 View Post
    I've tried a lot of their flavours (all RTV because I'm lazy lol). The 3 standouts have been Mango Sorbet, Ice Lychee and Lemon Cheesecake and they have and will be consistently reordered. Ice Kiwi and Ice Coke are not bad as well but will only be an occasional reorder.
    Have the red lychee 30ml and cooling agent 10ml currently in cart, so I'll consider upgrading the size of the lychee.
    Thanks JB

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    J_B_86 and RyanohRyan like this.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Currently have Japanese soda in cart. Just trying to decide 30 or 100ml on that one.
    I was wondering about the mango cream, as I have 250ml of mango sorbet which is quite good. Might steer clear since I can create something along the same line with current stock. Thanks.
    Will definitely consider the honey citrus for the flu season, but I can't remember seeing it on the site?
    Thanks Hoofy

    ETA: I've just rechecked and found that Honey/Citrus is not available on the site as a concentrate in any size (I didn't check above 100ml).
    Looks like I'll be shooting Ryan that email.

    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Hiliq has great cooling agent.

    Their cola is a little vanilla/fruity but about the best one I've tried. At least it's the only one that I've been able to tolerate. (Learning how to use flavours may be factor too of course). Using cooling agent with cola flavour is essential IMO.

    Hiliq blueberry is much maligned - it is nauseatingly strong. I've seen people trying to use it at 6% - just a no from me. I use it at 2% and it's plenty strong enough. An adjunct addition of a tiny bit of lemon lifts it nicely. It's mostly a candy type flavour. Add raspberry and cooling agent for a blue slushy flavour.

    The raspberry needs a good steep to get rid of the chemical flavour, but it works well as an adjunct flavour.
    RyanohRyan and Sublime like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

 

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 08:13 PM.