Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Mixing two different brand variants of a flavour?

AVF Regular

Mixing two different brand variants of a flavour?

Ive been atempting to make a good banana nut bread recipe.

At first I tried banana nut bread from eciglife that I bought maybe 4 years ago. Eciglife doesnt seem to sell it anymore, but the branding is called "FUSION". Made in the USA. Can't seem to find the brand anywhere on the net, but possibily that the orginal manufacturer is called "Real Flavors", which is sold by a Canadian Vendor called "Fusion Flavors", although Real Flavors doesnt seem to make it (anymore?), so very unsure about it. It does have a FlavorWest profile - Ive never tried FW BNB, but it would be my best bet if it actually was rebranded by eciglife.

The FUSION BNB is almost a perfect concentrate with the right level of doughiness, but gunks up the coils very quickly. Its very dark in colour compared to TFA's, and lacks a bit of the fruitiness Im looking for.

TFA BNB on the other hand is too fruity, too banana, and not enough dough.

But combining FUSION BNB at low percentage (1.5%), with TFA's at 4% actually put the recipe into the ball park I was looking for.

I often only stick to one brand per flavour when mixing, but I think combining brand variants is something to be opened minded about.

What other recipes are improved by combing two different brand variants of the same flavour?
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 10-01-18 at 04:36 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Ive been atempting to make a good banana nut bread recipe.

At first I tried banana nut bread from eciglife that I bought maybe 4 years ago. Eciglife doesnt seem to sell it anymore, but the branding is called "FUSION". Made in the USA. Can't seem to find the brand anywhere on the net, but possibily that the orginal manufacturer is called "Real Flavors", which is sold by a Canadian Vendor called "Fusion Flavors", although Real Flavors doesnt seem to make it (anymore?), so very unsure about it. It does have a FlavorWest profile - Ive never tried FW BNB, but it would be my best bet if it actually was rebranded by eciglife.

The FUSION BNB is almost a perfect concentrate with the right level of doughiness, but gunks up the coils very quickly. Its very dark in colour compared to TFA's, and lacks a bit of the fruitiness Im looking for.

TFA BNB on the other hand is too fruity, too banana, and not enough dough.

But combining FUSION BNB at low percentage (1.5%), with TFA's at 4% actually put the recipe into the ball park I was looking for.

I often only stick to one brand per flavour when mixing, but I think combining brand variants is something to be opened minded about.

What other recipes are improved by combing two different brand variants of the same flavour?
    Not recipes exactly, but I'll often combine two brands of concentrate. If you have say a candy strawberry that is too candy-like, and a ripe strawberry that is authentic but lacks sweetness. Sometimes you can get in the ball park by using both of them, and fine tune it to suit.

I tend to think the flavour molecules in each are different, so combining them makes something much better than the sum. Vaping has turned us into flavourists out of necessity, and there's absolutely no problem with combining anything you want, to get to where you want to be. Also some of the "easy mix" concentrates that some of them are coming out with now are complex flavour concentrates designed to be used on their own, but the manufacturers have worked a bit of magic that make them worthy additions to a recipe, by adding some enhancing molecule flavours that we don't know about (eg FA Summer Clouds).
    PurpleVapes likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.