Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So confused :?

So confused :?

So I just started vaping, but I am really interested in mixing flavours.
    I'm staying away from tobacco flavours and I just want to try sweet flavours.
    Only problem is I'm very confused on what I need.
    I've looked through forums and I've seen many tutorials on youtube, but something about it is just confusing me.
    Basically from what I've learned ( pretty much nothing ), I need a Nicotine Base, Double Flavouring, and VG.
    Should I buy the nicotine base from healthcabin, and VG from a local chemist? Flavouring I'm planning to buy from VapeKing.
    If someone could explain to me how much %PG/VG Nicotine Base and mg I need for a 12mg 30/70 PG/VG mix, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

heres a pretty straight forward calculator that might come in handy..
    eJuice Recipe Calculator
    VapeIt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzmiguel View Post
    heres a pretty straight forward calculator that might come in handy..
    eJuice Recipe Calculator
    Thanks a lot for the link, I've seen many calculators and they're all pretty straight forward.
    But how do I calculate how much VG/PG % is going to end up in the bottle in total.

[Edit: Nevermind, I figured something out ]

Super Moderator
    You can buy your Faulding Remedies Vegetable Glycerin (VG) from any supermarket in the skincare section, next to the Calamine Lotion and Peroxide. It's about $6.50 for 200ml from memory.

AVF Regular
    There are many different ways to mix.
    The Simpler methods often have less flexability with PG/VG ratios or nic levels.

With Doublers I'd get double your desired nic streangth in 100% pg. So If you want to vape 12mg get 24mg nic in pg. You want to vape 18mg, Get 36mg nic.

Then get your doubler with 40%vg 60%pg.

Mixing 50/50 with those will give you a final mix with 20% vg.

CCC
    Just get 24mg nic with a 70/30 pg/vg ratio from health cabin. Then you wont need to buy extra vg. Dont forget to get empty bottles and syringes. When you order your doublers try to get them as close to 70/30 as you can. Then when you have it all you will just need to mix your nic liquid and your doublers 50/50.
    margyb likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I prefer a 20/80 VG/PG ratio but since I switched to using DCT, I have found the carto works better with a 25%-30% VG ratio.
    I Don't use doublers, I use concentrated flavouring, you can get those from Health Cabin in a wide variety of flavours, lots of fruity ones too. You can also pick up pure PG from them & I would get the VG at your local coles or woolworths etc.
    It might take 1/2 hr of hunting to find it in the supermarket but they do have it, at both of those chains or you can order some from Healthcabin too. The HC VG is a bit more costly though, when you add the postage cost but may be more convenient.
    I also get my nic in 100% PG base, I find it easier to work out the amount of PG & VG to add that way.

With concentrated flavourings, you will want to aim for about 5%-10% flavour , usually.
    When starting out doing it this way, mix small amounts of juice up, like 5 ml or 10ml, until you find the right amount of flavour to add & the right PG/VG ratio for your liking.
    When you have that dialed in, you can make larger batches & use the same ratios to save yourself time & the hassle of mixing up juice all the time.

So for a 10 ml juice @ 12mg nic, you will want 0.5ml - 1ml flavour concentrate, 5ml nic in 100% PG, 2ml - 2.5ml VG, then top the bottle up with PG. That will make 10ml with a 20-25% VG mix @ 12mg nic. I would try o.5ml flavour concentrate first, if you find there isn't enough taste, then you can add a few drops more at a time until you find the amount that suits your taste.

The advantage of using concentrated flavouring, is that you can control the amount of flavour & dial it in just right to your own taste, while keeping the nic & PG/VG ratio at your preference too. With doublers, if you use it at 50/50 & find it is too weak in flavour for you, then you can't simply add a few more drops of flavour to the bottle, like you can with concentrates.
    ozydevil likes this.

Super Moderator
    While you can get VG from Coles' or Woolies, if you are getting your flavours from VapeKing, why wouldn't you get your PG & VG from MD at the same time? I believe it's better quality and taste.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Faulding VG or HealthCabin PG & VG are the same purity as VK's, any difference in taste will come from the impurities, which in all cases is very low. Different manufacturing companies may remove different types of impurities but all VG that is food grade is made to the same standard of purity, same with USP grade PG, it is all the same standard.

So I see a lot of people prefer PG>VG?
    Yeah, I might as well just buy the VG & PG from VapeKing.
    But I like CCC's suggestion aswell, I like to keep things simple aha I think once I get at least 2 weeks into vaping I'll use Noe's method as I am a new vaper
    by the way, how long does HealthCabin take to ship to Australia, Sydney? I'm going to visit Melbourne in 2 weeks and I'm going to order everything tomorrow or the day after.
    If i take nicotine into my carry bag will they take it :/? Also one worry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast