Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Organic Vegetable Glycerin suppliers?

Talking Organic Vegetable Glycerin suppliers?

Hi people,

has anyone come accross a supplier of certified organic vegetable glycerin?

So far I can't find any organic in Australia,
    and the certification of the ones overseas is suspect.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Just wondering if you ever found any? Im in australia too and looking!

Hey there I came across your post cos I typed in vegetable glycerin organic australia, how did you go? did you ever find any? or a place to get it shipped? thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by grillzey View Post
    Hi people,

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Escentials of Australia Sells organic vegetable glycerine - $5 for 100ml.

https://www.escentialsofaustralia.co...ting.php?gid=5

The guy who runs the store (David if I remember correctly), is very pleasant to deal with. I haven't bought this product from him before, so unfortunately I can't tell you anything about it. It's worthwhile giving him a call and let him know what you want to use it for - I'm confident he'll give you good advice.

fad
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grillzey View Post
    Hi people,

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

New Directions have glycerine with Australian Organic Certification. From 100g

http://shop.newdirections.com.au/epa...OC100GLYCERINE (for $4.40) up to 25kg.

They also do Propylene glycol and a full range of glass & plastic bottles.
    KamaKaZzie likes this.

I've been searching for this very thing myself but it's a veritable minefield of GMO soy oil and palm oil orangutan death products... >.<

Thanks for the replies I'll be checking those sources out asap! :-)

I can't find the bottle just now, but I'm fairly sure the veg glycerine I bought at my local health food store was organic.

AVF Regular
    zainwolf - necro put me onto this vg - made from coconut oil (click on the quick overview link just under add to cart to see) - i bought some last week - vaping-gal i think the stuff at health food stores is melrose - both are natural rather than organic - the coconut one tastes nicer

Glycerine Liquid (Vegetable Source) USP/BP - The Melbourne Food Depot, Melbourne, Australia

AVF Regular
    A post came up on FB which basically accuses vapers of destroying orangutan habitat by virtue of VG being made of palm oil.
    https://www.facebook.com/palmoilprod...type=3&theater

WTF? I had no idea and so when I looked around a bit, there wasn't much out there about it. A couple of places overseas pushing their ethical lines (either palm oil-free, or sustainably sourced palm oil), but for DIY in this country, nothing at all except what I saw in the FB post comments.
    Unsure even whether VG is predominantly palm oil, or coconut, or soy oil-derived.

Has anyone else come across this?
    I wonder how many vendors know whether their their sources of VG for DIY are ethical. I guess I'll have to ask the question next order when I'm shopping around.

I've looked at that link for the Melb Food Ingredient Depot, and it's quite vague about its derivations, and says it's from Malaysia. The latter raises a bit of a red flag for me as well.

There's a link early in the comments as well, an apparently ethical product. I have yet to find out more directly.

I don't know about anyone else, but the palm oil industry is really doing damage and I really hate that. Of course I can't totally and completely say I don't support ALL manufacturers involved in that mess, but if I can find small ways to not actively contribute to it myself, I'm happy.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    The amount of VG used in vaping it pretty small compared to for example the soap industry. People use far more VG in their everyday lives than they think they do. Probably the same people accusing vapers of killing orangutans.

I don't want to make light of the issue, but it's way bigger than just a vaping one. Nothing we do as vapers is going to change things - pressure needs to be put on the governments of those countries to do the right thing wrt land allocation and conservation otherwise it's all for nought.

Think what would happen in Australia if you went into a national forest or park and started clearing it to grow cash crops.

I'm pretty wary of claims for animal conservation and safety as being either just a way to charge more for the exact same product, or for the claims not being what they appear to be. "Dolphin Safe" tuna for example doesn't actually mean that zero dolphins were accidentally caught by the trawlers, just that statistically it's less likely to happen.
    essiemessy, Fatman, merexy and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    A post came up on FB which basically accuses vapers of destroying orangutan habitat by virtue of VG being made of palm oil.
    https://www.facebook.com/palmoilprod...type=3&theater

WTF? I had no idea and so when I looked around a bit, there wasn't much out there about it. A couple of places overseas pushing their ethical lines (either palm oil-free, or sustainably sourced palm oil), but for DIY in this country, nothing at all except what I saw in the FB post comments.
    Unsure even whether VG is predominantly palm oil, or coconut, or soy oil-derived.

Has anyone else come across this?
    I wonder how many vendors know whether their their sources of VG for DIY are ethical. I guess I'll have to ask the question next order when I'm shopping around.

I've looked at that link for the Melb Food Ingredient Depot, and it's quite vague about its derivations, and says it's from Malaysia. The latter raises a bit of a red flag for me as well.

There's a link early in the comments as well, an apparently ethical product. I have yet to find out more directly.

I don't know about anyone else, but the palm oil industry is really doing damage and I really hate that. Of course I can't totally and completely say I don't support ALL manufacturers involved in that mess, but if I can find small ways to not actively contribute to it myself, I'm happy.
    Some vendors do state their VG is palm oil free (Sydney Vapor for one https://www.sydneyvapour.com.au/pg-v...e-500ml_max_2_)
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast