Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PG, VG and taste.

Super Moderator

PG, VG and taste.

Hi all,

I was buying my flavours at 80% VG and mixing them to a 12mg/ml nic strength and was enjoying them immensely. Next time I ordered the same flavours, I ordered them at 80% PG instead ...... And the flavour sucked! Tasted TOTALLY different. Would swapping them from 80%VG to 80%PG really make that huge a difference to the taste? I have ordered more of the same flavours but this time back to the old 80%VG base and PREY that they taste as good as I remember.

VG = sweeter IMHO.

if i may digress.. Eldubya.. where abouts are you getting 80vg flavours from? Oh.. and on topic.. im with <---cop, vg based juice is sweeter and smoother, but definately a little more on the subtle side.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

hmm, i was vaping pg and nic or VG and nic and the pg tastes sweeter to me than vg.
    i think it may come down to specific atty temps .. or my taste buds suck, equally likely.
    I do not get much of any flavour from vg, tastes quite neutral.

I read somewhere that some of the base is converted to glucose, not sure on the chemistry.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylee74 View Post
    if i may digress.. Eldubya.. where abouts are you getting 80vg flavours from? Oh.. and on topic.. im with <---cop, vg based juice is sweeter and smoother, but definately a little more on the subtle side.
    Flavours from Vaping Mad. They have 50/50, 80%VG and 80%PG as flavour base options.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    hmm, i was vaping pg and nic or VG and nic and the pg tastes sweeter to me than vg.
    i think it may come down to specific atty temps .. or my taste buds suck, equally likely.
    I do not get much of any flavour from vg, tastes quite neutral.

I read somewhere that some of the base is converted to glucose, not sure on the chemistry.
    I guess we'll find out, I pick these latest flavours up this morning.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Here's something I posted on someones thread, should give you a better understanding of why the VG taste better if you are mixing it as I stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
    VapingMad have juices that are 80% PG or VG. For a sweeter mix, mix 80% VG doubler with 100% PG unflavoured nicotine from healthcabin using a 1:1 ratio.
    So to make 10ml, mix 5ml VG doubler with 5ml PG unflavoured nicotine. You will end up with 60% PG and 40% VG.

For a less sweeter mix but more vapor, mix 80% PG doubler instead of VG with 100% VG unflavoured nicotine instead of PG using the same ratio. You will end up more 40% PG and 60% VG.
    PS. Did you notice more vapor with the flavour that didn't taste as nice?

Super Moderator
    3.1ml PG 36mg
    0.2ml VG
    1.8ml PG
    5ml Doubler Flavour

That makes 10ml of 12mg/ml e-liquid. (or so I am led to believe)

That's the recipe I have always used since I started vaping. I am honestly hopeless at maths and all these e-liquid calculators do my head in. So I asked someone when I first joined AVF how to mix doublers to 12mg/ml strength and this is what they replied with, so this is what I have been using. I don't know if it's right or wrong ..... lol.

AVF Regular
    That would make 10.1 I see what you mean with your Maths...
    ElDubya likes this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Okay I have no idea then haha, if you mixed 50/50 like I stated then that would be the case.

So did you get more vapor with the PG or VG doubler? Or was it the same?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick77 View Post
    That would make 10.1 I see what you mean with your Maths...
    LOL, I know it comes to 10.1 you clown .... haha.

Addiction/Subtraction isn't my problem. Fractions, percentages and anything else that isn't addition or subtraction and shit are

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast