Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: A weird challenge for the mixers out there

Super Moderator

Unhappy A weird challenge for the mixers out there

G'day Guys n Ladies , I have an interesting challenge for you to consider and would love any and all advice you might be able to give .

I have no sense of smell , nothing nada zilch , and have had since birth. No Olfatory Nerve. This is not to say I do not "Taste " things , I do , but probably in a vastly different way to which pretty much everyone else does .
    I started vaping way back about 4 years ago , when there was pretty much nothing fancy available , but I always drifted back to the analogues , simply because vaping did not quite stack up to how I required my nicotine .
    So after a long break from e-cigs, I decided to take the plunge again as things have improved greatly .
    Currently am happy with eGo and clearomisers but have a VV device on the way as well . Currently analogue free for a month , and can see me actually sticking with vaping this time .

Now heres the guts of the matter .

Pretty much every flavouring used in commercial e-cig mixes appears to be perfume or scent based , I can say this with certainty , as there are very few flavours I can actually taste that are anything like what they describe themselves to be .
    Menthol works , because that is a true flavour , rather than an olfactory driven response . As do some mints ( I really wish I liked the mints , but in truth , not so much )

Ok so fellow vapers Riddle me this , do you know of ANY juices which actually have "Tongue " taste , rather than scent taste ?
    In order to appreciate the difference , think back to when you have had the worst headcold ever , and all your food tasted like crap or was tasteless.
    Was there ANY vape you had that still tasted strong?

I can appreciate this is asking a lot for those of you that have all your senses to comprehend or help out with .
    Taste is very subjective , and is in reality for "Normal people" over 90% scent driven rather than your tongue .

To give you an idea , the strongest vanilla flavours out there , I get NOTHING , just a harsh as hell throat hit , without any of the flavour or smoothness , a strong Dekang Coffee, I get just the faintest of caramel sensation at the back of my mouth . Things like pear, apple, fruity mixes ... absolutely nothing , in fact I often have to add a little Glycerol( VG ) to smooth them out and add some sweetness to them to make them vapable .

Funnily enough , Std tobacco flavourings , do taste a bit like analogues , because they often use actual tobacco flavour , so to me it has a comparable taste to analogues .

I dont expect a miracle answer here , but Any suggestions have got to be better than wildly buying juices and being continually frustrated by the fact there is NO actual taste for me as described .

I am perhaps the most disabled man in the vaping community :lol:
    GirlyPantz and C'baoth like this.

well we have another member with no sense of smell either, she is pretty much an exclusive menthol vaper as well..
    she may chime in if she is around.
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    If i recall correctly zens private stash is all natural additives, but I have not tried it personally.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Cheers for that Stoney , hopefully she does pop up
    Long time lurker, first time poster, but a definate admirer of your work

Super Moderator
    Hi Fatman, welcome

I have a head cold at the mo and I'm vaping a menthol, bit dulled but I can taste it. But ... have you considered vaping unflavoured? I do about 25% of the time, and for the "tongue taste", increase the nic slightly?

There's also the option of using concentrates at greater than normal strength, but I understand that may not help in your case.

I understand what you're saying Fatman but of course have no idea how it feels to be you. That said I can only offer something that seems relevant to me.

I have found that one of the most 'true to life' flavours I have had recently and is quite strong is the Lime Spider from VapingMad, who have a sub-forum here on AVapers. Pretty cheap and worth a try.

I am a menthol vaper and can highly recommend the Arctic Ice from VaporBomb in the US.

Another 'tobacco' style flavour that has something going for it is ShireMalt from e-pipemods in the US.

Another flavour you could try - but may not like - is licorice flavour. The one I have tastes like aniseed. Black jelly beans come to mind. It is a strong flavour but also seems pretty natural.

Goz
    I reckon Lime flavours will do the job, much more of a tongue taste than most flavours.
    JW - Mojito and VK - Lime are 2 that are particularly strong Lime flavours.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Firstthing that sprung to mind after reading your OP was Tobacco Absolute, it is a VERY VERY STRONG taste, so much so that any more than 3 or 4 drops(after it is already diluted) in a 30ml bottle will overpower other flavorings.
    It has a grassy tobacco note but can make other flavors taste better. I have a juice at present with a small amount of it in it & just tested it by holding my nose pinched & definitely tasted something on the tongue, although it was pretty weak tasting.

So maybe for you 5-10 drops in a 30ml unflavored juice would work or maybe a few more drops. The version I have is Perfumers apprentice, which came pre-diluted in a 4ml bottle, from an Aussie vendor.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I found I could taste "cinner" (cinnamon) from juicewhore on my tongue. I suppose we would have to vape with a peg on our noses to kinda experience what you go through Lets hope we can find you some juice.

Ecigs: Halo G6-->Ego 650mAh-->Apex Ultra-->Smoketech VMAX-->Smoketech VMAX SS-->Smoketech Gripper VV-->Gus G22-18350-->Gus Telescopic-->Diablo Hybrid-->Caravela!

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by extre248 View Post
    I found I could taste "cinner" (cinnamon) from juicewhore on my tongue. I suppose we would have to vape with a peg on our noses to kinda experience what you go through Lets hope we can find you some juice.
    I didn't think about cinnamon, since it is proven to crack tanks lol but PA cinnamon hot shots(or hot dots?) would have taste, it has the heat on your tongue.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast