Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How do you make a doubler?

AVF Regular

How do you make a doubler?

Gday Guys

How do you make a doubler?

This is something I cannot get my head around. 8/

I get how to get a mix for a taste, but how do you get double strength? If you double your ratios its the same flavour just twice as much liquid.

My head hurts. 8(

Double of anything with flavour, same amount of anything unflavoured...I think I have never done it but makes sense to me!

Super Moderator
    Think of the flavouring as cordial. The more cordial, the stronger the drink tastes. Is that what you're after?
    targaboy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ok just say I have a vapable flavour mix

2 drops flav A
    3 drops flav B
    1 drops flav C
    5ml pg/vg

If I double this mix, I have the same vapable flav mix but twice the amount.

To create a doubler do I just halve the pg/vg in the mix?

Im bad at this.. but my untrained opinion would be if you have a flavour concentrate that u mix %10 to a full mix.. then if you mix %20 relative to a quantity of PG/VG it would act as a doubler.. Likewise if you did your concentrate to %20 then you would mix %40 to PG/VG for it to act as a doubler..
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Super Moderator
    I can chip in a little here ... e-liquid manufacturers only use a very small amount of actual concentrated flavouring , which is usually incorporated into a PG or VG base liquid to thin it out and make it usable without overdosing . So product A might contain 1% of the actual flavouring compound in corporated into the base mixture , the doubler of this will contain 2% .

So if in your mixing you incorporate X amount of flavouring which is pre-dissolved in a larger base liquid it will dilute your mix by the proportionate amount ... a doubler will introduce TWICE the flavour compound into your mix , WITHOUT increasing the dilution factor .

If for instance you want a strong coffee taste in 100 ml of 18mg unflavoured juice , using a std flavourings for every 10 ml of flavouring compound added you dilute your nic content by 10% so if you want more taste you can add 10 ml of a doubler and it is the equivalent of adding 20ml of std flavouring but keeps your dilution of nic constant with that of adding 10%
    ( figures are illustrative only lol )

AVF Regular
    OK fatman /Rylee, ya just doing the same as I said but reverse. Keep the pg/vg in the acceptable vape mixture just double the flavors in the mix.

cheers

AVF Regular
    Let's make things a little easier.

Let's us say 20 drops = 1mL

Suppose you make a 5mL vapeable liquid from concentrates and you add.

10 drops of flavour A
    10 drops of flavour B
    4mL PG

Now, if you want to make a doubler, you would do.

20 drops of flavour A
    20 drops of flavour B
    3mL PG

That's it.

Basically, all you do is double your flavours and subtract the extra flavour volume (how many extra mL of flavour added) from your PG or VG.
    Quom likes this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    OK forget formulas for a second here.

Lets look at what a commercial doubler actually is. It is a base juice that you mix 50/50 with unflavored nic base to get the final juice.
    So essentially it has double flavor right?
    Wrong.

When you mix up your own juice from concentrated flavor, PG &/or VG & nic base, if you mix the flavor PG &/or VG, without adding the nic base, you are essentially creating a doubler. Ok you may be making a 12 mg juice from 36mg, so then you are actually making something a bit weaker than a doubler but if you are making an 18mg juice, it is a doubler.
    I have found doublers & even tripplers that do not have enough flavor to my taste when mixing 50/50, so I mix in more doubler to get enough flavor but that means to get 18mg juice from my 36mg unflavored nic, is not possible, instead I can get 12mg strength adding 2 parts "doubler" to 1 part nic base. The alternative is to add my own flavor concentrates & boost the flavor, while retaining the 18mg strength (which is what I do).

So a "doubler" is, in theory, flavor, PG &/or VG mixed 50/50 with unflavored nic base, to produce a flavored juice with 1/2 strength of the nic base.
    So to make a doubler, all you do is find a recipe you like, then mix the flavor concentrate, PG &/or VG together, without the nic base being added. You now have a doubler, assuming the strength of your nic base will be halved when added to that doubler 50/50, if you change the strength of your nic base to say 48mg from 36 mg, then you will also need to add some extra PG &/or VG to make it a final 18mg strength juice.
    Last edited by Noe; 09-08-12 at 09:26 AM.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

opinions are like arseholes. everyones got one.

you guys are confusing me now.

An australian vendor selling a doubler HAS added double the flavour, so once nic is added its their intended flavour concentration. all oz vendors assume thats what is meant by the term.

we are different from the US .. a doubler in the US appears to me normal strength, so it can be mixed with FLAVORED nic to obtain liquid with any diluted nic strength you wish.

If you want to make a doubler from a recipe, you need all the flavour but only enough PG or VG to make half the. mix.
    so if recipe is 6ml assorted flavours and 24ml vg and/or vg to make a 30ml .. you need to use 6ml of asstd flavours but only 9ml of base so you end up with 15ml and can add the last 15ml nic later.

I can't see the point in making doublers at hone though, its double handling (oo a pun).
    lastchance likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast