Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Strange mixes

Super Moderator

Smile Strange mixes

A while ago one of the girls on here made an essence from some herbs, so I thought I might try it myself. I kinda like camomile tea for it's calming qualities, and I thought that might make a downtime vape.

So I opened a teabag into a 30ml bottle, and topped it up with PG and let it meld for about 6 weeks.Tonight, I strained it through a coffee filter, and mixed it with VG36 nic to form *about* a 66PG33VG 12 mg mix, then heated at 350W for 15 secs in the microwave.

Just vaping it now ... sorry fell asleep ... and it's pretty good.One of the nicest flavours I've tried.

Do other people try things like this? Or am I slightly strange ... (please don't answer this one)

I just tried a Lapsang Souchong (a black tea smoke dried with pine - like a Latakia tobacco) version of this, though I didn’t do the heating stage at the end - 2 teabags in 30mL PG for 6 weeks - I would shake it up in the first week but forgot about it, so mostly it’s just sat there. Why did you heat at the end - to mix everything in a bit?

Very yummy indeed on it’s own and a really nice note to add to a steeped tobacco juice like V Prime - belissimo.

Awesome tip thanks GT - could become an ADV by itself.
    gtadmin and staceman101 like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm tempted to try with herbs like damiana - pretty sure you'd lose the thc if you tried it with a more popular herb
    Vaporific and staceman101 like this.

HSV
    Now you have me looking through the pantry to find things to vape. Bonus is I just found some vanilla beans steeping in vodka since August 2010 that I forgot about. Read something on the interweb about making vanilla essence and thought it was a good idea. Still smells like Vodka.

I think I really need to make time to clean out the pantry.

I've never tried it but I think I will, French Earl Grey vape.... ohhh sounds perfect
    essiemessy, Domo and Lil Loco like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mathsguy View Post
    I just tried a Lapsang Souchong (a black tea smoke dried with pine - like a Latakia tobacco) version of this, though I didnít do the heating stage at the end - 2 teabags in 30mL PG for 6 weeks - I would shake it up in the first week but forgot about it, so mostly itís just sat there. Why did you heat at the end - to mix everything in a bit?

Very yummy indeed on itís own and a really nice note to add to a steeped tobacco juice like V Prime - belissimo.

Awesome tip thanks GT - could become an ADV by itself.
    Heated it only to ensure the nic juice blended with the essence. Strange to find an 8 month old thread come to life ... how did you come across it?
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

HSV
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Heated it only to ensure the nic juice blended with the essence. Strange to find an 8 month old thread come to life ... how did you come across it?
    It seems you were 8 months ahead of your time GT.

I only have some Dilmah black tea here. I think I will just go back to the Puros or I will be finding a PG cup of tea in the pantry in 2 years time.
    Noe and gtadmin like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HSV View Post
    It seems you were 8 months ahead of your time GT.

I only have some Dilmah black tea here. I think I will just go back to the Puros or I will be finding a PG cup of tea in the pantry in 2 years time.

Well steeped then ...
    HSV likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

HSV
    I like your thinking GT. Off to steep random things in my pantry for a nice surprise in 2 years time
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Or am I slightly strange ... (please don't answer this one)
    aw, please can i answer?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast