Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Need help measuring

Need help measuring

I am looking for something but I don't know what it is called.
    I am having lots of trouble trying to measure liquids with a needle and I was thinking that it might be easier to use something else.
    I saw a hand held machine that looked like they just used one hand to suck up the liquid and then pressed a button to empty the liquid into a bottle. it looked really simple and easy to use.
    I'm not sure if this makes sense and gives you any idea of what I'm trying to explain, but I'm open to all suggestions and help, and if you have an idea of what I'm writing about could you please include a web address.

Thank you for your help and Merry Christmas

AVF Regular
    Bullos likes this.

Thanks for that Kev.
    I think a pipette pump would suit my needs, just not sure how easy they are to use or even how use them.

Super Moderator
    Hi Ken .... I think a pipette pump or bulb with pipettes would be the best thing ever for you ... Wiltronics in Ballarat have a huge range of stuff at good prices and reliable delivery
    the rubber bulbs fit on the end of the pipettes and suck liquid up into them ( you squeeze the air out ... insert pipette into liquid and when you let go of the ball it sucks the liquid up into the tube ... then to release you just squeeze the little valve bit on the side , and it lets air in slowly to allow the liquid to dribble out
    there are also pumps that do the same and these are very accurate ( but cost a little more )

Glass pipettes
    Wiltronics - Pipettes Volumetric

Polystyrene pipettes ( not as breakable , very cheap , but not as easy/quick to clean )
    Wiltronics - Pipettes Serological Polystyrene Sterile

Bulb and pump fillers

Wiltronics - Pipette Rubber Fillers & Pump

Oh and I have had YEARS of playing with these and can walk you and Joanne thru using them
    Bullos likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Thank you Fatman.
    I have been looking at the handheld pipette pumps, but there are so many and very different prices, I'm getting a headache.
    I might wait a day or two and have another look with a fresh head, if that makes sense.

Super Moderator
    No worries Bull ... I think a rubber bulb and poly pipette combo would be a good start for you ... get Jo to have a look with you )

You could also go the way I do and use poly measuring cylinders
    Wiltronics - Measuring Cylinders Glass

( I got a cheap set of 5 off ebay )

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110773908...84.m1497.l2649
    Bullos likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

They look very useful and I could pour the finished liquid into the bottles.
    Are the easy to read?
    I think plastic would be better for me incase something happened and I had an incident.

Super Moderator
    Yep very easy to read ... not as accurate as a pipette set up ... but if you are dealing in millilitre measurements rather than fractions of a millilitre they are good enough
    The only drawback I found with them is the smallest measurement you can accurately make is 2 ml by itself because the 10 ml cylinder ( the smallest) starts its scale at just under 2 ml , but for being accurate UNDER that I would use a syringe anyway ... but for measuring the larger components they are dead easy and fairly accurate

If you want precision tho ... pipettes are the way to go !

I would recommend the WILTRONICS ONES far above the ebay ones tho !!!

Super Moderator
    And to add to FM's comment ... the Wiltronic ones are very good, cheap and fast postage ... and absolutely fantastic if you make a large batch (I'm making 100ml batches as we speak ... be back in 1 minute )

Super Moderator
    Okay ... 3 minutes
    Mushman likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast