Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: ethyl maltol concentrate

AVF Regular

ethyl maltol concentrate

notice that perfumer apprentice are selling the crystal concentrate of this stuff. gonna buy some as i think its more cost effective that buying fairy floss flavor mixed juice.

q. how do i use it. for example, a recipe calls for 10% ethyl maltol how do i make a solution of this, and what relative strength will it have?

all advice accepted

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Dissolve the crystals into PG, if it was me I'd be dissolving them until saturation point, then diluting that down with more PG to double the mixture, which would likely make it a higher concentrate than the 10% recommended but would mean I could use 1 drop rather than 5 for example.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Vaping Cobra also stock Ethyl Maltol Crystals

AVF Regular
    spawn_8 likes this.

AVF Regular
    thanks, just had a look at the vaping cobra site, awesome, will defo get them from there

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    A saturated or supersaturated solution can be unstable when you remove the heat. The crystals can start to crystallise and precipitate back out.

The data sheet for EM states that 1g per 17ml is the maximum for PG, which equates to around 5.8%

Doing a super saturated solution would require 3-4 days to make. The idea is to add EM, heat, shake, let sit for a day to cool. Keep doing this until you find the point where there is only a small amount of crystals at the bottom of the bottle once it has cooled down. Once you get to this point, then pour the solution into a new bottle. Now you have a super saturated solution.

Any crystals you have in the original bottle just leave there till you want to make up another batch.

I don't like to use a microwave to heat anything up, but if you wanted to, you could heat this up in a microwave for 10 seconds. DON'T USE PLASTIC
    Signature Link Removed. Violation of vendor rules.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum-announcements-feedback/16371-avf-moving-forward.html

Quote Originally Posted by VapingCobra View Post
    A saturated or supersaturated solution can be unstable when you remove the heat. The crystals can start to crystallise and precipitate back out.

The data sheet for EM states that 1g per 17ml is the maximum for PG, which equates to around 5.8%

Doing a super saturated solution would require 3-4 days to make. The idea is to add EM, heat, shake, let sit for a day to cool. Keep doing this until you find the point where there is only a small amount of crystals at the bottom of the bottle once it has cooled down. Once you get to this point, then pour the solution into a new bottle. Now you have a super saturated solution.

Any crystals you have in the original bottle just leave there till you want to make up another batch.

I don't like to use a microwave to heat anything up, but if you wanted to, you could heat this up in a microwave for 10 seconds. DON'T USE PLASTIC
    I do use the microwave, I usually make a 250ml bottle of the stuff as I am now a vendor in the states and use a lot of it. I put some in and shake well, microwave for a few and then watch the crystals disappear and do this probably 3 times total each batch. The last time there are always a few crystals on the bottom and that's OK, it just shows the solution is at maximum density. I do not let the PG get hot but warm, maybe 30 seconds each time........
    margyb and bugzme like this.

AVF Regular
    Would somebody help me with the math here? im crap at working these things out. I had intended to use the crystals as I thought it would be the most cost effective way of making my vape up...

so lets say i want to make 100mm of EM concentrate. you recon thats 1g for 17ml. 100mm = 5.8 grams using 100ml of PG?

The other flavour i already have, and it is also PG based.

Recipie calls for 20% flavour 1 and 5% flavour 2 (EM)

My base nic is 48mg (50/50) pg vg

so If i wanted to make 200ml of 12mg juice i would be looking at ...

40ml Flavour 1
    10ml Flavour 2
    50ml of 48mg nic
    and 100ml of vg or pg?

anybody got a spreadsheet for this shit lol!

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy-mic View Post
    Would somebody help me with the math here? im crap at working these things out. I had intended to use the crystals as I thought it would be the most cost effective way of making my vape up...

so lets say i want to make 100mm of EM concentrate. you recon thats 1g for 17ml. 100mm = 5.8 grams using 100ml of PG?

The other flavour i already have, and it is also PG based.

Recipie calls for 20% flavour 1 and 5% flavour 2 (EM)

My base nic is 48mg (50/50) pg vg

so If i wanted to make 200ml of 12mg juice i would be looking at ...

40ml Flavour 1
    10ml Flavour 2
    50ml of 48mg nic
    and 100ml of vg or pg?

anybody got a spreadsheet for this shit lol!
    Your recipe & calculations look good to me

The thing is to test a small (5ml or 10ml) batch first. That way if the juice doesn't taste quite right you can make some adjustments before you drop in a big batch of arse juice
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe, had a post somewhere where he detailed how he does his mixes I wish I could find it.
    He mentioned he makes up certain %'s and then when he gets the finished product he could combine them to make %'s.

I think..... Noe can you find it? hehehe
    I played, I lost, I played again, I cheated, I won.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast