Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Excuse me, but I think we need a guide..

Retired Account

Excuse me, but I think we need a guide..

Before I get too far into it, I was thinking about writing a 4 part guide to flavouring. Starting from the very simplest of "RTV" ejuices through to links for the advanced flavour maker and recommendations for buying raw ingredients and flavouring hardware. Mostly, it will be a whole bunch of useful links, but the very basics would be covered in Flavours 101a and Flavours101b.
    I thought to include a short tldr at the beginning of each part of guide. I would need help from you guys with sourcing good vendors and video guides to stuff.
    I would like to keep the terminology very newbie friendly, and include a glossary of unusual terms at the end of each part of the guide.

There's no ego in this for me. If we can get it together as a group and get the okay from management, I'd like to call it AVF's Guide to Flavours and Flavouring.. or something along those lines. If I ask really nicely, perhaps Krit would do the graphics for it.. since I read that he had done some study in graphic design.

It's just an idea.. feel free to shoot me down in flames.. here's an example of the sort of thing we might include..
    It won't work unless you guys will collaborate with me in writing it, as I am not very knowledgeable yet.. but I have an idea for the sort of format it should take, so I would see myself as sort of the 'editor' if that makes sense?

Beginners

Buy a few flavours which are ready to vape from overseas vendors.
    On average, you'll need 3mL - 5mL per day. Taking into account that overseas postage can be really really slow sometimes, it's good to have about a month's supply in your stash. Ordering 5-6 30mL ready to vape ejuices is sensible, and once your order arrives and you've tasted them, identified the ones you like, it's time to re-order almost immediately. You don't want to be caught with no ejuice, especially if you are attempting to cease smoking tobacco.
    To date, my overseas orders have taken between 5 days and 6 weeks to arrive, to give you some idea of the transit time.
    Pretty much everyone copes well with a nicotine level of 1.8% - 2.4% initially.
    When it comes to PG/VG ratio, this is a very personal preference. The thing to keep in mind is that PG gives you flavour and throat hit, and VG gives you the white fluffy clouds of vapor, but mutes the flavour a little. You'll probably enjoy starting somewhere between 80:20 PG:VG and 50:50 PG:VG.
    You're looking to buy 18mg - 24mg (per mL) ejuice which you simply add to your device (attomiser or cartridge or tank or (help me by filling in other types of delivery systems here please)

Recommended vendors of ready to vape flavours:
    Dekang
    Pink spot
    Johnson Creek
    (Help me with names of other good ready to vape ejuice vendors here which you have personally tasted)

Super Moderator
    mrsgruffy, we already have a guide being made, and i have included a juice part to it. if you have any information to it, i'd be glad to add any information obtained in this thread to the guide!

Great idea by the way!

Retired Account
    Oh that's really cool m0n43.. how is it going? When do you think it will be ready to be viewed?

I think this is a great idea MrsG. It seems it is in the pipeline though. Now I haven't been on this forum for very long, since the 9th of January. Have done a lot of back reading though, but can't recall seeing a post about a guide to flavours? My memory isn't that bad (or maybe it is) that I have forgotten seeing a post about it on here, because it is something I would remember, as I started putting one together myself a while back, in reply to all the newbies that would come to the WP thread asking about flavours. Got sick of writing the same stuff over and over. Never got round to finishing it though, story of my life.

Is a good idea no matter where it comes from, as there are so many different ways to get your juice. The good thing abut it though, is you have options right from buying pre-mixed through to making your own, and everything in between. People can do what they feel comfortable with. I suppose that can be said about vaping in general, which is why I think it makes for a new hobby for a lot of people.

from a newbie i think i felt a small tear trickle down my cheek when i read your suggestion i would love to follow this thread and learn how to mix flavours and where to get them cheaply good one mrs gruffy
    margyb likes this.
    money spent on vaping ? money spent on cigs since vaping $0

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Awesome stuff MrsG. Id say you should definitely add Mt Baker to your list of suggestions!
    xALISAx likes this.
    Current set up:
    EHPro Panzer and Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone.

Super Moderator
    This is the thread for the guide at the moment mrsgruffy. As i said it's still in development but is vieweable by all. only select few can do changes to the document itself, but if you would like anything added to the document.... drop a post in that thread, i will be keeping an eye on this thread, and if any decent info appears i will use it!

A Guide to Vaping - By AVF

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Here you go MrsGruffy, will one of these do?

mrsgruffy and MrGruffy like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    You're looking to buy 18mg - 24mg (per mL) ejuice which you simply add to your device[/COLOR]
    I realise i am one of the few who vapes a low % of nic, but i had a horrible starting experience only because 18mg was too harsh for me and it was the lowest juice i ordered.

I think 30ml is too much to order of something you havnt tried. I'd suggest new vapers order 10ml bottles of varying strengths and flavours (ie 4x 10ml RY4 in 11%, 18%, 24%, %36).

Also suggest a dripping atomiser to test juices.

Add healthcabin juices to that list too:
    HC E-Juice/E-Liquid : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    margyb and mrsgruffy like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Retired Account
    Still waiting for my guide, Noe.. is she coming by snail mail? Bloody china post is faster than this.
    I hope she's still got her dib dib dob or whatever it is.. I want one complete with all the parts and not a DIY rebuildable one, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Here you go MrsGruffy, will one of these do?

Noe likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast