Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Zero consistency - what am I doing wrong?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Zero consistency - what am I doing wrong?

So a few weeks ago I finally got around to trying a new flavour that had been sitting in the bottle for 3-4 weeks and it was amazing.
    I then re-made another batch of it and let it sit for about 2 weeks but there's no flavour at all.

Am I doing something wrong or do you legitimately have to wait close to a month before the flavour comes out, because I don't know if I'm that patient.

I'm guessing you made a booboo.. Two weeks is enough for flavour to come through pretty well..

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    What flavor?
    Was it a doubler or DiY mix?
    When you made the new batch did you make it the exact same way?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Strawberry Cheesecaker doubler DIY mix.
    Followed the exact same ratios.

I'm guessing that it's because I've been vaping a different flavour all week, other than that I'm stumped. Have made 3 more DIY doublers today so will try them in a fortnight, but I'm down to a single flavour that I can taste

Edit: It's also in a different tank on a brand new coil, so it might just take a while to come through, I hope..
    Last edited by BlueLagoon; 28-01-13 at 10:20 PM.

AVF Regular
    I take it you used the full bottle first time and ordered another?
    The second bottle may not be as strong or really does require longer to Steep.
    There are Mint Slice flavours that require a Month Steeping.

Having said that its Probably as you just said new Wick needs breaking in or
    the new Tank just does not give out the flavour the other tank did.

Also are you running on the same Voltage/Watts is the coil the same resistance as previously?
    You should slowly raise the Volts on a new coil over at Least 30min period.
    Last edited by bugzme; 28-01-13 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Fucking autocorrect

Sometimes also get a similar problem, not really too sure what causes it though.. using concentrates, though, rather than doublers.

Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    I take it you used the full bottle first time and ordered another?
    The second bottle may not be as strong or really does require longer to Steep.
    There are Mint Slice flavours that require a Month Steeping.

Having said that its Probably as you just said new Wick needs breaking in or
    the new Tank just does not give out the flavour the other tank did.

Also are you running on the same Voltage/Watts is the coil the same resistance as previously?
    You should slowly raise the Volts on a new coil over at Least 30min period.
    Old tank was a 3.5ml Vivi Nova, 3.8v @ 1.8ohms
    New tank is a Vivi Nova STV, 3.8v @ 1.8ohms.

Both came from the same bottle of flavour. I don't know what's happening because I also ordered a Mini vivi nova and put some juice in and it tasted flavourless other than a slight burning taste. Left it in the tank over the weekend and vaped it again last night and it tasted nice, no burning.

AVF Regular
    Sounds like the wick just needs breaking in

Sent via smoke signal with my provari using a KFC refresher towel

photo images-4_zps2e1bab4e.jpeg

Been vaping it all day and had to switch back to my other juice as it was tasting horrible.
    My only thought process is, it was 16mg and over the christmas break (2 weeks) I switched to a 12mg juice. Now I have 3 juices, my 16mg DIY and 2 pre-mixed 12mg and I can only vape the 12mg juices (albeit one doesn't taste that great, but it still tastes, just not a highly enjoyable flavour.

Is there a chance that in 2-3 weeks I've become accustomed to lower nic level and 16mg is now too much, causing the burning/acid feeling in my throat?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    It is possible the TH from 16mg is a bit stronger but that shouldn't affect the flavor. You could grab some PG & dilute the 16mg/ml down a bit in a 3ml test batch to see if that makes it better.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast