Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Mixing Via Weight

AVF Regular

Mixing Via Weight

Just wondering how many have Mixed Via weight. Do you find it as Acurate as via Volume?

What I mean is say you have 100mg nicotine Vg and you want doubler ready nic to suit 24mg juice.
    first offset the bottle weight of a fresh bottle lets say 85g for an example.
    so your scales now read 0.00g
    now add 50grams 100mg nicotine followed by 52grams VG. Your Nicotine doubler is ready for mixing.

Once shaken well you can mix up you doublers in a 50 / 50 ratio via weight.

Again offset your fresh bottle lets say 45grams
    then Add 15grams doubler flavor,
    15grams tobacco doubler, cap it off and Shake....Mix done no messy syringes to clean.

I use a Russell Hobbs Digital scale for this and find it easier than measuring in Mls
    and cleaning all the utensils required.
    mathsguy and RichoVonBlack like this.

It sounds more confusing than it needs to be as you'd need to weigh the VG, PG and Nicotine per ml but does this vary between brands?

Does nicotine weigh the same as water? 1.0ml = 1 gram? Nicotine seems to be more dense so maybe it would weigh more than water.

If one person uses 48mg nicotine and another 100mg does this vary aswell as PG might weigh less or more etc :\
    Last edited by neofelis; 31-01-13 at 07:42 PM.
    bugzme likes this.

AVF Regular
    Each to there own,if anything it may be more accurate, (measuring by weight via a digital scale), but your maths would better be bang on, mine sucks so I'll do it by the old "that looks close enough" routine.
    bugzme likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

I weigh everything because I'm lazy ....

AVF Regular
    Yeah is possibilities of varying weight due to different density even between VG and VG

But I'm talking about DIY for your Own recipes.
    Using sight is not as accurate, as some bottles are curved at the bottom or have dimples.
    Also thickness of glass isn't always uniform, some can be thicker at the base.

I just find it easier and less clean up when using scales.
    I can mix up 20 flavours and use No syringe....Works for me.

Super Moderator
    I like the idea! Do you have some base SG ie 1g = 1ml of PG, 1g = 0.86ml of VG? Or do I have to work that out for myself
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    If you want it exact best to work out to suit your Ingredients.

As said above weights can vary even between Vg and VG let alone PG, Nicotine.....

Do a 5ml of each and weigh them minus the Container. or even try 1ml, 5ml, 10ml, 20ml and keep note of each volume weight for future referance.
    Make sure to test weight All ingredients you will use Diluted Nic, VG, PG, Flavouring or Doubler.
    Will make it faster and cleaner for future mix's

AVF Regular
    What I did was Weigh an Empty 30ml bottle with cap and set scale to 0.00
    then checked weight of a 30ml doubler and added pre-mixed 48mg VG Nic to suit the weight.

So say the Doubler weighed 44grams I added 44grams of 48mg Nicotine pre-mix.

Easier than taking a Piss.
    Last edited by bugzme; 01-02-13 at 07:36 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    If you want it exact best to work out to suit your Ingredients.

As said above weights can vary even between Vg and VG let alone PG, Nicotine.....

Do a 5ml of each and weigh them minus the Container. or even try 1ml, 5ml, 10ml, 20ml and keep note of each volume weight for future referance.
    Make sure to test weight All ingredients you will use Diluted Nic, VG, PG, Flavouring or Doubler.
    Will make it faster and cleaner for future mix's
    Gee, thanks bugz
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Yeah, weighing a graduated cylinder and progressively filling it appears the easiest way for my needs ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast