Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Keeping track of recipes.

Keeping track of recipes.

Given that there is a certain degree of trial and error with mixing flavours and pg/vg ratios when you are trying to find what suits you best I was wondering how other vapers go about keeping track of these.
    Of course, I label bottles but when you start adding percentages of different flavours and such the writing starts to get very small. Then of course there is the possibility of spillage smudging the writing.

Does anyone keep a spreadsheet/data base? Are there any out there already built for this purpose?

Just a simple spreadsheet works for me, what I do is number the bottle with a marker, and the spreadsheet will have columns for bottle number, name, concentrates with percentages, and any comments.
    Mushman likes this.

google docs spreadsheets are awesome, accessible from any smartphone and any computer anywhere, so your recipes are always to hand.

I tend to not even label things, but if I did, it would be with a number, then a google spreadsheet to track whats in it.

Another thing I often do is buy last years one day to a page diarys when i see them cheap, they make great notebooks, you can use the calendar pages in the front as an index and they are good quality binding and paper, last a lifetime.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

I just use an exercise book .... from the front, reviews of premixed, from the back, my concoctions and a running total of costs in the middle section.
    I've almost filled the first one, and would be lost without it.

There are apps for both iphone and android, as well as programs for pc. They include calculators for juice mixing as well. just search them on the play store or itunes.

I've got 'ejuice' for iPhone which I find really useful for mixing but it doesn't have a database to keep track of experiments

AVF Regular
    I have an android; app called e - smoker calculator that saves recipes.
    One of its cool features is an expense calculator but it scares me to look.

Just had a closer look at 'ejuice'. Seems the database in it is editable. I never noticed that before.

Thanks for the replies.
    davee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmas View Post
    Just had a closer look at 'ejuice'. Seems the database in it is editable. I never noticed that before.

Thanks for the replies.
    Yep. that's the one I use, and just save them as a new recipe. Have as many variations saved as you like.

I use Liquix.
    it's an application for iPad and very useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast