Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Looking for a Wrigleys spearmint type flavour concentrate

Looking for a Wrigleys spearmint type flavour concentrate

Hi all

I am looking for a Spearmint concentrate that is similar in taste to Wrigleys spearmint chewing gum. I have some concentrates here that smell like it, but I don't like them when vaped. They end up too minty, more like arrowmint or double mint.

I'm about to experiment with sweetening up what I have, but thought I would see if anybody knows of something I can just buy first. The concentrates I have tried so far have been:

LorAnn natural spearmint oil
    Dekang spearmint - closest so far in smell but not sweet enough and taste is not quite right
    Dekang green menthol - nothing like it, and has earthy/woody undertone I don't like
    PA Spearmint - smells close to it, but tastes nothing like it and also has earthy/woody undertones I don't like.

So anyone know of any concentrates to try?

I'm about to do a VK order, and am going to give their spearmint a try.

EDIT - Just realised they don't have a spearmint concentrate, but do have a mint, menthol and mint candy. I wonder if any of these are close to what I want?

Any other ideas welcome.
    Last edited by keyboardmama; 18-02-13 at 12:41 PM. Reason: realisation

Try adding some EM to the ones you have first.
    keyboardmama likes this.

AVF Regular
    VK Spearmint is very good.

Spearmints are awfully strong. You're better off buying some of this - Spearmint Gum - e liquid flavoring e juice tea flavor e cigarette water flavors Diet & fitness Baking & desserts
    You're then going to be looking at a shitload of sweetner - I'd personally add say 2 drops of EM and 2 drops of TPA sweetner. I'd then chuck in some koolada - 4 drops per 10ml to give it that ice/freshness feel in your mouth.

I'd then work from that.

Here is a review: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...spearmint.html

Capella Spearmint gum tastes like wrigleys spearmint gum. They didn't get the mouth feel though so thats why you add koolada

I'll do percentages to help you:

Capella Spearmint Gum: 7%
    EM 2%
    TPA Sweetner 2%
    TPA Koolada 4%
    Last edited by neofelis; 18-02-13 at 01:19 PM.
    davee likes this.

AVF Regular
    Mint candy is good. It's like the candy canes u get at xmas

As long as it's not menthol I'll try it!

Thanks for the responses all. I will grab the VK mint and mint candy and try them, add some em to my other mints, and look into neofelis suggestions for the capella.

I like the taste of spearmint, but I don't like the heat of mint. If that makes sense. That said, I don't mind some menthols. But will give it all a try and see what I come up with. I want a real good spearmint to add to my fruit salad creation I have been working on, but I would like it to work on its own too.

Well thats where different types of mint come into play. Some are hot like peppermint and some are cool and refreshing like spearmint and wintergreen.

Wintergreen is one of my favs.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    KBM have you tried HealthCabin's spearmint concentrate?
    It's a really strong, not sweet spearmint, more like a breath freshener than a candy or milkshake mint.
    A mix of PA spearmint & HC would give you a very close wriggleys flavor, without adding sweeteners to the flavor.
    I would estimate (yes I have used both PA & HC) a 90/10 PA/HC concentrate mix would be about right but you would need to experiment a little to get the formula right.
    Using a graduated 1ml syringe would help you mix up small amounts of concentrate blends to mix into small 3-5ml batches of juice, just be sure to rinse the syringe out between fills because a little spearmint left in it will eat at the rubber plunger.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I'm going to buy a pack for mrsjuicygruffy to replicate, she's underchallenged.
    Good thinking here thanks, I can buy all sorts of stuff I like and lob it over the desk with a "make this flavour or else" request.

Oh the fun with whatever the mixed bags of lollies equivalent these days.
    davee likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast