Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: RBA for Reo Mini

RBA for Reo Mini

Hi All,

Calling all Reonauts I need your advice for a friend.

They have a reo mini and were thinking about getting the Reomiser RBA from Reomods, but I think for $43, plus $25 postage its expensive for what looks like a chinese clone to me.

I have heard that A7' (wobbly centre post?), Vision Eternities (do they last?), Hornets, ERA;s, Ebaron Spirals, chalice all work well (last 4 more expensive but good?) . As i no longer own a Reo Mini, can some of you that do chip, in with a good RBA that is in stock now, that fits and work well in the Reo Mini's smaller dripcup and is bottom feeder compatible? Or do you think the Reomiser is the way to go? Heard something about some RBA's shorting in a reo?

Also what wick size and wire do you recommend with it?

PS as this person will be new to RBA's I think a simple straight wire/silica set up, rather than a resistance/no resistance wire set up would be easier?

Cheers
    Mick
    Last edited by Mickg33; 15-05-13 at 09:04 AM.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Super Moderator
    Hi Mick , I have the A7 as my go to atomiser for the mini ... and YES in its stock set-up some of them have been known to short out the Reo ... this is a centre pin issue with it not being set right from factory ... if the centre pin is at all loose or wobbly when set to the right length to connect , it can short ... you need to pull the pin out or loosen way off, press the post down from inside the atty , refit centre pin and make sure it screws TIGHT and makes connection ... I have also heard of others using a little bit of carto comdom cut to fit to make a better insulator... wick and wire , I am no expert on , but I run a few strands of 1mm with 4 winds of 0.020 kanthal ... but remember my tastes are different to most
    On the mini , the vision eternities only fit the 2.1 versions I believe ... I have a version 2 but the catch cup is too small unless you use a 510-510 adapter to get the atty clear of the catch cup .. can still squonk if you have a hollow 510 adapter ( hard to find)

I am pretty sure Dawzzy has/had the Reomiser atty so hopefully he chimes in ,its probably worth the dollars simply because its guaranteed to work on the reos lol
    With no short protection , you are up for a spares kit @ $20 +shipping if you get it wrong
    I always test fire any rebuildable atty on my provari or similar to make sure its a-ok before installing on a mech mod anyway , saves grief !

Hornets I have heard good things , but havent used one myself

( P.S. thanks to M0n4g3 for the A7 lesson a few months ago , saved me and my Reos bacon )
    Last edited by Fatman; 15-05-13 at 09:07 AM.
    Mickg33 likes this.
    EPM V1-18650,V2-18490 top of the list,LBCB,BBCB, Provari V2 and mini ,Segelei 50W boxmod, REO mini +2.1, 18490 REO ,Reo Woodvil 14500 , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), kicked jazz 18500 pipe ,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011
    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

cheers FM thanks - I think that eliminates the cheaper A7 from the equation, and the vision eternity as it is an an older model Reo Mini I believe so it wont fit, and +1 for the reomiser so far.
    Last edited by Mickg33; 15-05-13 at 09:18 AM.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Like the idea of the ebaron spiral - but local supplier is just out of stock - do you think they would fit in a reo mini catchcup ?

I like the idea of the killer or diver if they work in a reo mini bottom feeder, but i think may want to stay away from the slightly harder resistance/no resistance set up? Or is it worth the extra learning curve?

anyone know if this hornet works in a reo mini ? http://myvape.in/international/index...t-colored.html
    Last edited by Mickg33; 15-05-13 at 09:49 AM.

Ebaron won't, hornet is the best fit Mick sits inside juice well with minimal gab.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by ckane View Post
    Ebaron won't, hornet is the best fit Mick sits inside juice well with minimal gab.
    cheers - what about this hornet Hornet ~ Colored by Budz Worx will it work or are their different types for bottom feeders ? and will it fit in a smaller reo mini catchcup which is smaller than the grands etc do you think ?
    Last edited by Mickg33; 15-05-13 at 09:55 AM.

ecf thread not alot of info What makes a good RBA for a REO mod?

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    I'll have bottom feeder cyclones very soon

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

As I have not tried these atomisers , I think the reomiser 2 is the safest bet, and for ease of wrapping for a newbie will suggest 32 gauge kanthal and 3mm silica wick, unless others tell me something different. I like the hornet but its a more expensive option, and cant find a place which has all the wire and mesh etc on the same site for a reasonable price.

My only real remaining concern is that I think this person has a Reo Mini 1 - and while the reomiser 2 will fit a reo mini 2, I think the originals had a slightly smaller catch cup, so am unclear if this will fit in it or not - I cant find any info on whether it does or not, but am concerned that on the reomods site it specifically mentions reo mini 2 only - has anyone got one, or another good RBA that they are using in an original Reo Mini 1 ?

Ps heres another ecf r2 rba thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...al-review.html
    Last edited by Mickg33; 15-05-13 at 10:32 AM.

Ok it looks like the Reomiser 2 wont fit a V1 Mini - unless you ask rob to turn it down which he will do. Heres a thread RBA for Mini v1 worth it?

It does look like the hornet will fit though without modification as well, and has the benefit of an adjustable cap to place the airhole where you like it.

Anyway will wait hopefully for some peeps with reo mini 1's and rba's to hopefully chip in - cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast