Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Vaping and Sinus Problems

Vaping and Sinus Problems

Hi All,

I guess I have been vaping for 2.5 years now. I do have a bit of sensitivity to VG and some flavours. Its usually ok if i vape no more than 20% VG, but some flavours seem to add to the irritation as well. Not exactly sure which ones as i only vape tobacco juices but i think juices like FSUSA wyatt earp and Juicewhore Ultimate pipe have some flavour in with the tobacco that doesn't help in particular.

I have suffered from sinus issues, infections and the headaches that come along with it since I broke my nose a few times playing football in my teens.

I often go through 3 month phases where i only vape when drinking or sometimes less than 1ml a day when not drinking. During those times i really notice that i usually have no sinus issues at all. When I am vaping alot, greater than 3mls a day, I would guess at least once a month I have sinus issues.

Been particularly bad lately, and i have been vaping alot, plus using higher VG %'s and found some ulitmate pipe in that back off the drawer that i mixed up. I have always been wary that it may just be a coincidence but after 2.5 years the correlation between vaping alot, vg and some flavours and sinus issues seems high.

I always keep saying to myself I should vape 100% pg, no flavour nic juice for a month to see if this helps, but never do it. Should really give it a go, but miss my flavours too much and like the extra vapour a bit of Vg in the juice gives. When I was smoking my sinus issues were alot worse than when i am vaping though.

Anyone else have sinus issues and can notice its worse when vaping some types of juices or vg/pg %'s etc ?
    Last edited by Mickg33; 17-06-13 at 05:33 PM.
    tally-ho likes this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Jas
    Hi All,

I guess I have been vaping for 2.5 years now. I do have a bit of sensitivity to VG and some flavours. Its usually ok if i vape no more than 20% VG, but some flavours seem to add to the irritation as well. Not exactly sure which ones as i only vape tobacco juices but i think juices like FSUSA wyatt earp and Juicewhore Ultimate pipe have some flavour in with the tobacco that doesn't help in particular.

I suffered from sinus issues, infections and the headaches that come along with it since I broke my nose a few times playing football in my teens.

I often go through 3 month phases where i only vape when drinking or sometimes less than 1ml a day when not vaping. During those times i really notice that i usually have no sinus issues at all. When I am vaping alot I would guess at least once a month I have sinus issues.

I always keep saying to myself I should vape 100% pg, no flavour nic juice for a month to see if this helps, but never do it. Should really give it a go, but miss my flavours too much and like the extra vapour a bit of Vg in the juice gives. When I was smoking my sinus issues were alot worse than when i am vaping though.

Anyone else have sinus issues and can notice its worse when vaping some types of juices or vg/pg %'s etc ?
    Hey mick, I to also suffer from sinus problems, mine is cronic. I thought when i first started vaping 2 years ago it was high PG juice ratios that caused a relapse in my sinus infections so i started vaping 100% VG juice it helped a little but still had the problem. Its funny coz know i vape 70/30 juices PG. Mostly desert flavours and tabac so i just boiled it down to having cronic sinus problems half my life due to my nose been broken that many times i cant count LOL from my Muay thai boxing. whats good is if you get one of those nose doches from the pharmacy its called "FLO' i use that 3 times a day and it helps reset my tastebuds and clears the nose so i can enjoy vaping. Hope this helps abit.

thanks jas, yeah bloody hate the sinus infections and headaches etc that come with it. I think it may be time to do something about it. Will try the "flo" and may try vaping 100% pg with nic and no flavour and see if i can narrow the issue down etc. The only good thing with it was the constant sinus issues was the main reason/trigger for me to stop smoking. When smoking every second week i seemed to have blocked noses and a sinus infection. A month after stopping smoking, my sinus issues improved alot.

The smart thing to do would be to stop vaping if i cant narrow it down, as vaping definately doesn't help, but meh, will try everything else first
    Last edited by Mickg33; 17-06-13 at 05:35 PM.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Jas
    yer the headaches are the worst mick and that pressure you get on your face when you bend down, all connected to the sinus. The flow is really good and they come with powder packets which you mix in the flow bottle in luke warm water, it pretty much blasts all the shit in your nose out and also gets up in the higher end. I do really find using it does help and is a must for vapers who have sinus issiues or cronic sinus like me.
    Mickg33 likes this.

just been reading about it - sounds like its definitely worth a go. Head off to the chemist tomorrow morning. May just use it whenever i feel some sinus issues coming on.

I always used to tell my father off, that he would suffer things for years and never bother doing something about it. Seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
    lheamfrg likes this.

never have sinus problem but im just wondering if menthol juice will help? you know like vicks inhaler supposed to help with the flu

Hey Mick... I don't know if I'll be of any help but I'd like to try and maybe throw in some suggestions... I've had chronic sinus problems since I was 10 years old... I've had 2 'clean-outs' and countless times gone on antibotics to try clear up infections.. they always failed. I've tried just about everything on the market from nasal sprays to lozenges.. mints.. etc... always to no avail. After all these years I've finally figured out my problem... and you wouldn't pick it... I've a dysfunctional liver... I won't go into all the problems associated with a dysfunctional liver.. you can google it.. but prominent is sinus issues... brown rings under eyes.. etc...I know.. I know.. liver!?!.. rofl... associated with sinus issues.. yep.... All the test I've had done I don't have underlying issues like hepatitis.. or HIV.. or any of the usual reasons for a dysfuntional liver.. I don't booze either....my problem is genetics! My mother suffered for as long as I could remember and she was never a smoker.. she had allergy issues too and chronic sinus problems. I have a host of health problems because of this.. but am getting on top of things now that I realise what my problem is and take 1 tablet liver detox a day. My sinus has been clearing up along with 4 tablets ibupofen a day. Hoping this posting can give food for thought and hoping most of all that you can get to the bottom of your problem and get it solved.

Yasmin
    Mickg33, tally-ho and lheamfrg like this.

well the young lady came home with my nasal irrigation kit and 5 mins later nose is clear and sinus headache etc 50% gone - good stuff.

still need to work out the cause, but it really helped with the symptoms
    Last edited by Mickg33; 17-06-13 at 07:46 PM.

Interesting, I was searching for sinus on here the other day.

I have chronic sinus disease which is genetic and a broken nose at 19 didn't help. I curse the guy who started the pub fight that resulted in my nose being broken but he is in gaol now for murdering his parents so he got his karma! And they say in books he had no violent tendencies, lol, bullshit.
    I was hoping that the giving up smoking via vaping would help the sinus plight. I'm only a few weeks in so I will wait for the next 6-9 months to see if there is any difference in my breathing. My nose is constantly blocked and I have to breathe through my mouth all the time, this leads to other problems like snoring and poor sleep.
    Fingers crossed, I've done my best to avoid the reaming sinus operation, it didn't help my old man.

The irrigation works for me buck fark doing that several times a day for a joke.

I was hoping that swapping smoking with vaping would dramatically help with my sinus issues. In my milder case i would say it reduced my issues by about 65%, so it did make a big difference. But after reading your comments and thinking about my experience over the last couple of years more. I think if you do have stuffed sinus's then not vaping at all is alot better (unless you can identify another cause). I rarely have any sinus issues when i only vape a couple of times a week when drinking. I think the Vg sensitivity thing i have is a separate issue.

Thanks for your comments all, appreciate it.

I think I will just need to try to cut down vaping again to less than 1ml a day, except when i am drinking a couple of times a week sigh....with the odd nasal irrigation if need be
    Last edited by Mickg33; 17-06-13 at 08:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast