Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Kanger replacement coils

Kanger replacement coils

I've got myself all confused about which coil with which device is best. I remember plenty of discussions about this, but not whether it was the protank coil in the evod, or the evod coil in the protank that works best....or what?

Also, is there any difference between; Protank replacement coils, Evod replacement coils, TS3 replacement coils, MTBCC replacement coils, and T9 replacement coils?

I just want to buy some for the Protank Mini....but having an attack of info overload brain freeze.
    Last edited by JenJ; 27-07-13 at 03:17 PM.
    Please support the fight against the WA ban on the sale of vaping equipment!

From my limited experience:

Evod/Puritanks and Protank coils will both work with each other. These will not work with the T3S clearo. Actually they will work, but the rubber grommet inside which seals against the centre tube on the T3S sits just shy, it will work but will leak into the centre tube if tipped sideways. For this reason I buy dedicated T3S coils which I rebuild, and also Evod/Protank coils which I rebuild too. These Evod/Protank coils also fit the Puritank, and I have a Davide mini coming from the US in my brother in laws suitcase to try out with the different coils.

After all this, 2 types should be enough:

Dedicated T3S coils, keep them separate for easy identification.
    Buy any Evod/Protank/Puritank coils, should work in all of them.

Someone else please chime in if you think I may be incorrect here, as I said this is only my limited experience.

Cheers.

Great, thanks Charlie.

So the protank and evod coils are the same thing then? And both interchangeable for each device? They are the only two devices I use anyway.

They're not the same thing. Diameter is different and if you put an evod coil in the protank it will dump juice.

In saying that though almost every company in china makes their own coils now. I've only tested the kanger ones.. So kanger evod coils in a protank - dump juice

Local vendors could be importing from anywhere and they might be different . I know the Kamry coils are different from the kanger and xyz coils are different too.

evod and protank coils are exactly the same except for the top post wich is shorter on one and longer on the other this post is easily interchangeable between either protank or evod that is the only difference between evod and protank coils I use protank coils in both my evod and protank
    fabricator4 likes this.

provari mini 2.0 with twins and brushed ss pro ring - dovpo e-mech - Hana v3 clone- aqua & origin hybrid mode - ss stingray & brass quasar - Hammer clone - kts+ - romuluz hybrid - k100 mech - skeleton mech - 2 x itaste v3 - 2 x egos

buying ban now imposed except for juice wick and wire

Thanks guys...but that's two completely contradictory answers, lol.

I've only got evod coils here, so I guess I'll just give them a go and see how they work.
    fabricator4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Thanks guys...but that's two completely contradictory answers, lol.

I've only got evod coils here, so I guess I'll just give them a go and see how they work.
    They should be fine. Some people recommend the Evod coils in the Protank because it tightens up the draw a little. I did read somewhere though that Kanger were going to standardise their coils to the one with the longer stem however - but it was on a retailer's site, not Kanger. Can't remember which site. If you want the shorter stem you might have to settle for the Clone Evod coils in the future, maybe. I've not had leaking problems from the seals in any of the coils I've bought - about four different types from different suppliers. The only problem I've had is flooding with some heads but that's a wick/juice problem not a seal problem. Maybe some people are confusing a flooding wick problem with a seal problem? All I know is that once I've deal with the problem wick the flooding goes away.

Someone did write that they had a problem with the threads on a clone head, but I don't know where they would have got those from. I've never seen any variation on the threads personally.
    JenJ and DEATHGUYJ like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 15th March 2013. If I could stop buying hardware, I might actually save some money.
    Join the VAA to have a pro-vaping voice.
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/e-cig...able-here.html

I will be interested to see what happens when I try and put a genuine evod coil into an el cheapo "evod" I got from fasttech. might not be an issue, but if it is, I like the cheapies enough that i'd invest in some genuine ones if it turned out to be an issue.
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

Except for one cigarette on 29 June 2014. R.I.P. Charlie Brown and Charlotte, the sweetest little dogs ever, loved by all who met them.

We're abouts did you get your mini they look great had a evod but didn't like it what are the mini like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHGUYJ View Post
    evod and protank coils are exactly the same except for the top post wich is shorter on one and longer on the other this post is easily interchangeable between either protank or evod that is the only difference between evod and protank coils I use protank coils in both my evod and protank
    Yep this is what I've found JenJ, like you said, just give em a go!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast