Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I'm struggling to vape flavours.

Its a funny old ball game, this vaping caper. So many variables and reactions people are having. Arth, I hope you sort it out pronto!! I think Kays lucky to be able to stretch the doublers and triplers out so far. Hopefully this will be the solution that you are looking for. I kind of enjoy plain myself, it is much cleaner and I reckon probably a little safer, not that I know the meaning of the word safe when it comes to caring for my own body. Keep us informed about your progress. I started off on cartos and would hate to have to go back to them. The idea of having to throw them out grates on me big time. Waste is BAD!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    HOPELESSLY ADDICTED TO SHINYS
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Yeah just bought some cartos and a couple of fruity doublers (passionfruit and something else). Just simple flavours. I think ill stay away from the complex flavoured juices for a while. I like flavourless too Gresh.

Even though I like the plain I have 9 devices loaded up with different flavoured juice and none plain. I make myself wonder sometimes. I am going to go and rectify this shortly. Load up number 10 with 50/50 plain.LOL
    arth_d and avtek like this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    HOPELESSLY ADDICTED TO SHINYS
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    just do what i do. mix the flavours really weak. with my triplers, which are meant to be mixed 1:2, i mix them at around 1:8. anything else is just too strong for me. doublers i tend to mix at around 1:4 or 1:5 rather than 1:1.
    over the last coupla weeks ive been diluting premixed juices a lot - cos of too much flavour and too much nic - not all the time and not with all the juices - but i find that lots of the american juices are very strong on flavour - too strong and when im vaping a lot i need something way lighter otherwise i get too much nic and my mouth feels overloaded -

funny thing is sometimes when you dilute juices you can sort of taste the different flavours the juice is made of better too

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Hey Arth, maybe try a Protank or PT2, they look ok but IMO the flavor is very muted from them. Also try m ixing your juice 50/50 with some unflavored & cut back on the VG a little (VG is sweeter than PG).

I have found when testing flavored juice with a high VG % the vape soon becomes overly sweet & sickening for me, the exact same flavor in a high (70/30) PG mix up to about a 50/50 mix vapes fine, so it may be the same for you, if you are using high VG based juice.
    If you are I would test it out by mixing the same flavor in a high PG base & another in a high VG base, just to see if it's the VG causing it or if it is the flavors themselves.
    avtek likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    over the last coupla weeks ive been diluting premixed juices a lot - cos of too much flavour and too much nic - not all the time and not with all the juices - but i find that lots of the american juices are very strong on flavour - too strong and when im vaping a lot i need something way lighter otherwise i get too much nic and my mouth feels overloaded -

funny thing is sometimes when you dilute juices you can sort of taste the different flavours the juice is made of better too
    A lot of yank juice uses added sweeteners too.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Anything above 50% PG fucks me up. I get really bad chest pains. Not straight away but after a tank or 2
    50/50 is a good mix i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Hey Arth, maybe try a Protank or PT2, they look ok but IMO the flavor is very muted from them. Also try m ixing your juice 50/50 with some unflavored & cut back on the VG a little (VG is sweeter than PG).

I have found when testing flavored juice with a high VG % the vape soon becomes overly sweet & sickening for me, the exact same flavor in a high (70/30) PG mix up to about a 50/50 mix vapes fine, so it may be the same for you, if you are using high VG based juice.
    If you are I would test it out by mixing the same flavor in a high PG base & another in a high VG base, just to see if it's the VG causing it or if it is the flavors themselves.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    Anything above 50% PG fucks me up. I get really bad chest pains. Not straight away but after a tank or 2
    50/50 is a good mix i think.
    Damn!

Well the idea is to cut some of the sugary sweetness out that VG adds, so perhaps try a 50/45/5 PG/VG/Vodka mix you may even be able to go as high as 10% on the vodka & down to 40% on the VG, the vodka shouldn't be adding any sweetness & 1ml in a 10ml mix is not going to get you drunk.
    Essie's Glass DTs

It might set off the interlock on my car but
    I have had some juices that give me a slighly high reading.
    I usually do 80%VG 20% water.

At least that shit comes off in Feb. Fuckn revenue raising bastards.

Might try 50VG, 10Water, 40 PG
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Damn!

Well the idea is to cut some of the sugary sweetness out that VG adds, so perhaps try a 50/45/5 PG/VG/Vodka mix you may even be able to go as high as 10% on the vodka & down to 40% on the VG, the vodka shouldn't be adding any sweetness & 1ml in a 10ml mix is not going to get you drunk.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    It might set off the interlock on my car but
    I have had some juices that give me a slighly high reading.
    I usually do 80%VG 20% water.

At least that shit comes off in Feb. Fuckn revenue raising bastards.

Might try 50VG, 10Water, 40 PG
    Something else i just thought of, Flavor Art have an additive called Bitter Wizard, I have never used it but it says it removes the sweet taste in juice in it's description:
    "Balance your juice ! With the Bitter Wizard we are glad to announce another new development, designed to reduce or eliminate the sweet basic taste given by PG or VG. Adding the BW at 1%, vapers can get a pleasant bitter aftertaste, which can be enhanced further increasing the dosage. BW blends well with dark and tobacco flavors. Give it a try. The bitter taste you were looking for."

VC have it: http://vapingcobra.com.au/bitter-wizard.html
    Last edited by Noe; 17-11-13 at 04:25 AM. Reason: added link
    Essie's Glass DTs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast