Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool ego t leaking tank tip fix

First off im sorry i can not remember who posted the fix but it works a treat. Simply take the lower bridge out of the tank. It seems to stop the liquid from gathering between the tip and bridge eliminating the mouth juice. I allso find it gives a better taste and vap without the bridge. It works for me ?

p.s Has anybody come across a case for storing tanks?

Not quite understanding?

Do you mean the plastic piece about 6mm below the mouth piece?
    If so, do you hook the bridge as you call it out via the bottom/attie end of the tank?
    Does the removal of that bridge cause juice to leak out of the mouth piece if the Ego is laid down flat or in your pocket?

Thanks.

The mouth piece end .insert a bent paper clip to remove the mouth piece ( I find that easiest ) then use the clip to remove the next piece in ( looks like a small bridge) clean inside with a bit of tissue then just put the top piece back ( it does go in a bit deeper than normal ). I always vap with the tank down and stand up when not.

P.s I only do this when the tank starts to get a little worn and I'm caught short of spares but its always best to get new ones and plenty of the silicone ends ( I change my end after 2 refills ) I find the holes get out of shape witch causes leaks.

Ta, I didn't know the mouth piece came apart? I'll look into it tomorrow. Have had too many Black Beers to do it now.

My Ego-T (B) has been standing on my PC desk for an hour or more while I have been useing my passthrough,
    I just noticed juice in the mouth piece above the bridge,
    how would the juice defy gravity to get up there? Capillary attraction? Very strange and not very tasteful.

My silicone ends have disapeared in the first week of use, I assume by transfering the PV between pocket & mouth?

Thanks for your help.

Unhappy

No probs.

I have been running the tanks with no bridge for a few days just to check that its not just a quick fix and so for so good.I still feel they need to re design the tank as its not great. I have taken a ego t to bits and tested different set ups e.g moved wick, changed wick, bent the plate, filed the needle around the wick, even changed the breather holes. The same problem comes back ( tank fails to quick ) i find myself going back to my 510 more and more wich is a shame as the idea behind the ego t tank is great and when everything is new and fully charged its a great bit of vaping kit. The best set up i have managed so far is a lr ato running on a 900 mah bat with 20%vg 80%pg juice. I tried a 1000 mah bat but killed the aty and went through the juice to quick ( probly just me im a heavy vapor and draw long ). I havent tried a 1000mah and higher with a double burn yet any one ?. I will persist with it but the 510 isnt leaving my side yet, aleast until i dont have to carry around half a roll of loo paper and a factory full of new tanks and stoppers.

I use the 1,000mAh all the time when I'm at home and the 900mAh when out and about, as it'd easier to stealth vape with.
    I've had no problems with my Ego-T (B) over the two months I've had them. Got sick of refilling carts and am loveing the tanks.
    I've only alternated between two atties over the two months and one is only now giving me trouble, I think the coil is dead?

Today I intend to pull the dead attie apart to check and clean the wick & coil, I haven't been game to pull the plate out so far.
    I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for the tip. I removed that middle piece in my 510-t tank and it has become much better. Seems to always be just a tiny amount of juice making its way into the air passage and that bridge would essentially funnel it into your mouth..

I had thought it was 1 piece with the body of the tank, wonder why it is there in the first place.

I couldn't believe how easy the mouth piece and bridge popped out using a paper clip.
    I was able to empty out the juice stuck between the two for the last day.
    I did put the bridge back as I'm still enjoying the vape, but will remember to take it out if I feel the need to later.

I was less succesful pulling out the wick & plate from the dead attie.
    I was using a tiny hooked needle but the needle wouldn't go below some hard stuff to the side of the plate?
    I wasn't game to push a screw driver against wick for fear of damaging the wick.
    Any ideas?

I'll be at the Surf Club all weekend, I'll be helping with the Coolangatta Gold, so may not get back on untill Monday.

Super Moderator
    I use long nose pliers and grab the spike.. wriggle side to side (towards the slots) and tug and it comes out fairly easily.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I use long nose pliers and grab the spike.. wriggle side to side (towards the slots) and tug and it comes out fairly easily.
    same here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast