Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree715Likes

Thread: USA customs starts destroying clones

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Absolutly cause if you sit quietly the and imperial tobacco does buy dragonite am sure local modders will not have anything to fear ... and what happens internationally does not affect us on our island.. dammed bear poker twats .. shoulld learn to mind thier own business and cloning is still bad .. we should tell the governments about it ...
    Imperial are now even trying to sue the other Big Tobaccos for using/cloning their newly owned technology: Fontem Ventures/Imperial Tobacco Group Sues US E-cig Companies for Infringement — TobaccoToday

They may already have plans to stop imports of cigalikes that use Hon Lik's technology. Ruyan certainly did against the naughty company many of us buy our nic from : Ruyan Patent Litigation as Reason to Consider Patent Protection — Troutman Sanders Tobacco Team

But all of this cigalike discussion is soon to be moot.

Altria, Imperial, BAT, Lorrilard, RJR, and JTC are now their own memes. Bad Luck Memes. They've all spent tens, sometimes hundreds of millions of dollars trying to build/acquire their cigalikes, only to see it fade away by market forces: E-Cigs Are Already Falling out of Favor With Consumers

This is why they're pushing hard to ban loose juice and flavours.
    Last edited by marty; 20-06-14 at 02:39 PM.
    CMB likes this.

Absolutly cause if you sit quietly the and imperial tobacco does buy dragonite am sure local modders will not have anything to fear ... and what happens internationally does not affect us on our island.. dammed bear poker twats .. shoulld learn to mind thier own business and cloning is still bad .. we should tell the governments about it ...
    Your intelligence astounds me.
    Juzm likes this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome back.

/italics
    vengaman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vengaman View Post
    i think its great. we'll see more mods at a lower price from original manufacturers at the same time as protecting the high end originals.

being realistic, it will never stop the clone business, but over time it 'may' drive the prices of clones up or force shipping with no markings which, as long as there are sufficient alternative originals (like the magneto, hamoriko, etc.) at a reasonable price to compete - everyone is a winner.
    no we wont we will see higher prices I would rather by a clone then have to pay the ridicules prices it costs for an original unit. this wound be very bad for the vaper community and I for one would not be happy with anyone dobbing in clone sellers etc that means we would not be able to buy from fastech etc so don't be stupid.
    lulu68, vengaman and Magzzz like this.

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
    no we wont we will see higher prices I would rather by a clone then have to pay the ridicules prices it costs for an original unit. this wound be very bad for the vaper community and I for one would not be happy with anyone dobbing in clone sellers etc that means we would not be able to buy from fastech etc so don't be stupid.
    A fake Gucci bag, without Gucci trademarks is no longer a fake Gucci bag.

This is about as succinct as I can make the actual interpretation of trademark infringement, and subsequent policing of such.
    CMB and marty like this.

Don't know where you people get this idea of "ridiculous prices" from. Unless your comparing original prices to tinfoil mods. You know you do not have to buy a $700 box mod, or copper suppository, don't you? $30 for an original mod is the same price, or actually cheaper, than a lot of counterfeits, is it not.

No one is telling you to buy the dearer mods.

But your counterfeit apv's will well match your counterfeit joggers, jeans, jackets, sunglasses and caps.
    Juzm, Mark B and vengaman like this.

AVF Regular
    Wow, just wow.
    Driesy77, Juzm and vengaman like this.

AVF Regular
    I apologise for my stupidity please forgive me that.....I have had it since childhood.

I think you missed the crucial bit here - the "with no marking" bit. its bloody impossible to stop anyone producing a metal tube/switch (unless there is a patented capability). on that basis, slowtech could still produce exactly what they do today - without any ™logos on. in fact it may make them cheaper as there is less machine work to do as they no longer have to cost to engrave.

there - everyone would be happier - cheaper 'clones' than today, just no logo (and to my knowledge, not even logos like GG or GP or HANA™) actually improve the performance of saidmod, so people would surely be happy buying without logos (that is if it is all about cost/accessibility/function rather than beauty/vanity/appearance)
    Whizgig likes this.
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    The world of copyright and money for thinking of stuff, well it is craving for more at the expense others and part of the whole world we have fitted ourselves into.

We can fight to exhaustion and just end up weakened by the effort. It keeps us occupied when we always try to better ourselves at the expense of others.

But to run to others who you believe are in authority is to believe that if you tell the spider that built the web that it should devour the others because they are being non compliant to its wishes and also

believe that doing this puts you above the others and will therefore be special to the spider so he will take care of you. He will probably keep you in this delusion until he gets bored or hungry.

I do not go along with dobbing, I find it quite pathetic, but people believe what they believe so stuff goes round and round the cobblers bench..

I also don't really like copycats.

But that is just me.
    Mushman, Gresh11, Aliyah and 1 others like this.

Yes I go agree with you on this that they could do it that way, but people only buy them as they are a cheaper copy of an original version no other reason cos Know one will give them the quality review as they are not a main supplier like GG etc. as they have the backing of all the top reviewers but not the Chinese manufacturers.

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast