Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree1012Likes

Thread: The Mouth To Lung Thread.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogamondo View Post

So far I have my eye on the Hotcig Smart
    No need to go much further I don't think.

Since I got it, it's the ONLY tank that I seem to have used for more than a few weeks without giving it a rest of any kind. It lives on a very small mod (Artery Nugget), stays filled with a cherry pipe liquid and the only time it gives any trouble is when the coil needs replacing, which for me seems to be about once every 4-5 tanks full (never gets completely drained) so it's a guess at best. Coils are relatively cheap, so it's no burden to change them out.

At the very least get one of these, either 1.2 or 1.8 coils work well but the 1.8 are the ones I prefer. I run mine at a piddly 12W normally, up to 13 as the coil gets older and once the flavour gets poor, time to switch the coil out. Next time I order some stuff, I think I'll get another one for variety.

That said, I'm not a die hard MTL vapist, I tend toward flavourful restrictive DL most of the time. When I'm out, I prefer to keep it low key with the fam damily, which is why I like to have a good, low key MTL set up.

I've got the Siren 22 which I haven't found a good setup for yet (and it may not actually exist as I wish it to be), a clone Kayfun 5 which isn't great and I haven't found a suitable setup for (and it may not actually exist as I wish it to be) and an Avocado 24 which I don't think is remotely capable of decent MTL, but as a DL tank it's awesome.

The thing is, the less air you take over the coils, the more important airflow is, and any dead space where air can sit and not be moving and actually doing something useful actually degrades what comes out of the vaporiser, be it a tank, clearo or dripper, whatever. For the MTL vapist, the problem of minimal airflow and the need to be able to 'build' the coil are mutually exclusive, in that you can't have the space to build AND well controlled airflow at least not in anything I've seen so far.

I'd dearly love to have something that'll give me the vape I want, without needing to suck the guts out of it to get it for both MTL and restrictive DL. For MTL the Smart tank is pretty much 'it' and for restrictive DL, the Serpent SMM seems to be able to deliver the goods. I'll keep working on things to try and find the sweet spot so I have more options, but right now if I only had the Smart and the SMM, I think I'd be perfectly happy to wear them both out completely.

Hope that helps,

Stu.

AVF Regular
    Have you like at the UTA v2 https://www.fasttech.com/product/277...-tank-atomizer

Or the skyline?
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...-tank-atomizer

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
    Dogamondo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    , a clone Kayfun 5 which isn't great and I haven't found a suitable setup for (and it may not actually exist as I wish it to be) and an Avocado 24 which I don't think is remotely capable of decent MTL, but as a DL tank it's awesome.
    Yes, if you want a good MTL experience you need to add the air reducer kit to the Kayfun 5. I'm not sure they fit clones. The problem with this is you can't just go between MTL and DL once you have it in place.

The thing is, the less air you take over the coils, the more important airflow is, and any dead space where air can sit and not be moving and actually doing something useful actually degrades what comes out of the vaporiser, be it a tank, clearo or dripper, whatever.
    More importantly, the velocity of the air over the coil must be high. That's where the reducer comes in - a smaller air port under the coil means higher velocity air hitting the coil, which works ten times better for MTL.

For the MTL vapist, the problem of minimal airflow and the need to be able to 'build' the coil are mutually exclusive, in that you can't have the space to build AND well controlled airflow at least not in anything I've seen so far.
    More or less true, but a small chamber does two things for the vape - it maintains the air velociy over the coil much better, and it concentrates the vapour right up to the mouthpiece. Concentrated vapour gives much better flavour.

I'd dearly love to have something that'll give me the vape I want, without needing to suck the guts out of it to get it for both MTL and restrictive DL.
    Therein lies the problem - A setup that delivers high velocity air to the coil for MTL is a bit too restricted for DL. You can't have both in the one device. You can come close as long as you are talking about very a restricted DL.
    Dogamondo and fridgemagnet like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    So far I have my eye on the Hotcig Smart, a Kayfun 5 mini clone (as they don't do an authentic mini yet). Interested in this Siren that keeps coming up in the forum, as well as the Avocado (22mm)
    The Kayfun 5 mini (try the sjmy clone if they make one) would be more for DL unless the air reducer kit fits it. If it doesn't fit you might be able to sleeve the port with something.

If you want something MTL that takes factory coils, have a look at the Kabuki or a clone.
    Dogamondo and fridgemagnet like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Or the Trillium - it's great MTL (with the 1.8 coil), but also decent for restricted DL (with the 0.5 coil).
    Dogamondo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    No need to go much further I don't think.

Since I got it, it's the ONLY tank that I seem to have used for more than a few weeks without giving it a rest of any kind. It lives on a very small mod (Artery Nugget), stays filled with a cherry pipe liquid and the only time it gives any trouble is when the coil needs replacing, which for me seems to be about once every 4-5 tanks full (never gets completely drained) so it's a guess at best. Coils are relatively cheap, so it's no burden to change them out.

At the very least get one of these, either 1.2 or 1.8 coils work well but the 1.8 are the ones I prefer. I run mine at a piddly 12W normally, up to 13 as the coil gets older and once the flavour gets poor, time to switch the coil out. Next time I order some stuff, I think I'll get another one for variety.

That said, I'm not a die hard MTL vapist, I tend toward flavourful restrictive DL most of the time. When I'm out, I prefer to keep it low key with the fam damily, which is why I like to have a good, low key MTL set up.

I've got the Siren 22 which I haven't found a good setup for yet (and it may not actually exist as I wish it to be), a clone Kayfun 5 which isn't great and I haven't found a suitable setup for (and it may not actually exist as I wish it to be) and an Avocado 24 which I don't think is remotely capable of decent MTL, but as a DL tank it's awesome.

The thing is, the less air you take over the coils, the more important airflow is, and any dead space where air can sit and not be moving and actually doing something useful actually degrades what comes out of the vaporiser, be it a tank, clearo or dripper, whatever. For the MTL vapist, the problem of minimal airflow and the need to be able to 'build' the coil are mutually exclusive, in that you can't have the space to build AND well controlled airflow at least not in anything I've seen so far.

I'd dearly love to have something that'll give me the vape I want, without needing to suck the guts out of it to get it for both MTL and restrictive DL. For MTL the Smart tank is pretty much 'it' and for restrictive DL, the Serpent SMM seems to be able to deliver the goods. I'll keep working on things to try and find the sweet spot so I have more options, but right now if I only had the Smart and the SMM, I think I'd be perfectly happy to wear them both out completely.

Hope that helps,

Stu.
    Thanks for the insightful reply Stu.

I went to order the Hotcig Smart tank as it was in stock at Victory Vape. Unfortunately by the time I hit the place order button both the black and silver were suddenly out of stock!

Stu, I see you're in Japan but maybe someone else reading this knows where else I might be able to get one (preferably locally)?

Cheers

AVF Regular

I went to order the Hotcig Smart tank as it was in stock at Victory Vape. Unfortunately by the time I hit the place order button both the black and silver were suddenly out of stock!

Cheers
    VV usually restock pretty quick Doga - if you send them a message they will let you know
    I keep meaning to replace the Hotcig I traded - its perfect on the Provari Minis
    Dogamondo likes this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

This is quite a challenge Dogamondo.

Something that will give ‘The 2-3 second MTL draw … not airier than 3 holes open on a Nautilus 2/mini’ isn’t easy to find – especially these days. I have a couple of suggestions for you:

I would thoroughly endorse MelbVFR’s recommendations:
    1) The Ubertoot UTA
    Ever since this came out about three years ago now, it was a fantastic MTL tank. I tried in vain to purchase an original but it was such a small manufacturer that it was almost impossible because their small runs were sold out almost immediately (it was also horrendously expensive). I compromised and bought two of the Fasttech’s clones which have proved to be excellent. They are very well made and quite durable. I’ve since accumulated many other tanks but this one is the only one that I still use two years later. It can fulfil the particular requirement to be able to produce thick (ish, - for a MTL) cloud and excellent flavour on a short draw. The clone, unlike the original, comes with a 2ml as well as a 4ml tank so it can meet your preference for a small tank. The fact that it is still available at Fasttech is a testimony to its worth. I can’t think of any other clone that is still available so long after the original came out.
    2) The Skyline looks to me as if it will compete very favourably with the KFv5 and improve upon it. I can’t say much about it as mine is still in the post but I like the look of the design very much indeed.

My only other suggestion is the Squape X Dream.
    With a single coil deck, this has the advantage of being able to use a very restricted air flow through the deck structure with one hole open or to have more air flow with both air flow holes open, one of which will be directly onto the coil. The SJMY clone is extremely good and totally interchangeable with the authentic
    (I sometimes get them mixed up). You will need to buy the single coil deck separately but they are available at Fasttech. It is, however, quite a large tank and even though StattQualm make a smaller version, I haven’t seen this as a clone addition.

All of these tanks have the advantage of a very small chamber with a thin chimney to enhance flavour. They all offer the ability to vary the air flow to produce a very good MTL akin to the KFv2 and, in the case of the UTA and Squape, the additional benefit of opening it up further for a RDL.

When I first read your requirements, my first thought was the UTA. I did consider the Siren and that would be a very good alternative. The UTA and the Squape, however, are better made (even as clones), have that feel of quality and I can attest to their durability.

Should either of these be attractive to you, be prepared for a bit of tinkering with the builds. They are both very unusual.
    Dogamondo and MelbVFR like this.

Animodz make some nice MTL tanks.
    The Doggystyle, and the Pitbull 1.5, then there's the Yellowkiss Pico.
    Dogamondo likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've found a few tanks like the Rose V3 & the Kanger subtank RBA which are too airy for me even on the smallest airflow setting they give a wimpy vape. By cutting a bottom pin sleeve short from a Pro tank 2 & putting it in the airflow hole at the deck it makes these perfect for my very restricted DL & I imagine good for MTL as well.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    Regards
    Rod

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast