Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree1012Likes

Thread: The Mouth To Lung Thread.

AVF Regular
    the Siren is cheap and cheerful - lovely moist and tasty - some have had leaking problems personally I never have..so far.. - the Kayfun5 plus MTL reducer is a bulletproof set up - the MTL reducer will fit SMJ K5 clone - and Cloud Mods CloudOne RTA is lovely - just lovely.. but hard to get.... https://www.esmokeguru.com/en/catalo...t/?q=Cloud+one... there are clones around.. it really is a case of trial and error to find what you feel best suits you .. but it is doable
    Mistic Lady and iamtezr like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Thanks Everyone

Thanks so much for all the suggestions and recommendations guys.

You've given me a lot to consider and I feel like I have some buying and experimentation to do now!

Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    VV usually restock pretty quick Doga - if you send them a message they will let you know
    I keep meaning to replace the Hotcig I traded - its perfect on the Provari Minis
    Thanks Ally, FYI they will have the silver back in 10 days. The black is no longer available from their distributor.

I am ordering both the black and silver from Fasttech along with the other tanks. (The silver will go on my new Provari Classic that I bought just after messaging you to say I wouldn't buy a 15 watt device )

Quote Originally Posted by WoopiFumes View Post
    This is quite a challenge Dogamondo.

Something that will give ĎThe 2-3 second MTL draw Ö not airier than 3 holes open on a Nautilus 2/minií isnít easy to find Ė especially these days. I have a couple of suggestions for you:

I would thoroughly endorse MelbVFRís recommendations:
    1) The Ubertoot UTA
    Ever since this came out about three years ago now, it was a fantastic MTL tank. I tried in vain to purchase an original but it was such a small manufacturer that it was almost impossible because their small runs were sold out almost immediately (it was also horrendously expensive). I compromised and bought two of the Fasttechís clones which have proved to be excellent. They are very well made and quite durable. Iíve since accumulated many other tanks but this one is the only one that I still use two years later. It can fulfil the particular requirement to be able to produce thick (ish, - for a MTL) cloud and excellent flavour on a short draw. The clone, unlike the original, comes with a 2ml as well as a 4ml tank so it can meet your preference for a small tank. The fact that it is still available at Fasttech is a testimony to its worth. I canít think of any other clone that is still available so long after the original came out.
    2) The Skyline looks to me as if it will compete very favourably with the KFv5 and improve upon it. I canít say much about it as mine is still in the post but I like the look of the design very much indeed.

My only other suggestion is the Squape X Dream.
    With a single coil deck, this has the advantage of being able to use a very restricted air flow through the deck structure with one hole open or to have more air flow with both air flow holes open, one of which will be directly onto the coil. The SJMY clone is extremely good and totally interchangeable with the authentic
    (I sometimes get them mixed up). You will need to buy the single coil deck separately but they are available at Fasttech. It is, however, quite a large tank and even though StattQualm make a smaller version, I havenít seen this as a clone addition.

All of these tanks have the advantage of a very small chamber with a thin chimney to enhance flavour. They all offer the ability to vary the air flow to produce a very good MTL akin to the KFv2 and, in the case of the UTA and Squape, the additional benefit of opening it up further for a RDL.

When I first read your requirements, my first thought was the UTA. I did consider the Siren and that would be a very good alternative. The UTA and the Squape, however, are better made (even as clones), have that feel of quality and I can attest to their durability.

Should either of these be attractive to you, be prepared for a bit of tinkering with the builds. They are both very unusual.
    Thanks Woopi, very interested in the UTA. Unfortunately it looks like it is sold out at Fasttech if this is the SKU you are referring to: 2165200. I have subscribed to be notified when its back in stock and will buy it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fridgemagnet View Post
    Animodz make some nice MTL tanks.
    The Doggystyle, and the Pitbull 1.5, then there's the Yellowkiss Pico.
    Yep, read great things about the Doggy. Looks nice too and fits my "not too tall" requirements. I have the clone on order from Fasttech.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I've found a few tanks like the Rose V3 & the Kanger subtank RBA which are too airy for me even on the smallest airflow setting they give a wimpy vape. By cutting a bottom pin sleeve short from a Pro tank 2 & putting it in the airflow hole at the deck it makes these perfect for my very restricted DL & I imagine good for MTL as well.
    Rod, I bought the subtank RBA back when I started vaping as it was ALL the rage at the time. Completely agree with you re too airy and wimpy. I tried a few other sub ohm tanks after that including the Innoken iSub (which would have been the only tank to make me a DL guy). It didn't do it for me either, so a MTL man I forever shall stay.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    the Siren is cheap and cheerful - lovely moist and tasty - some have had leaking problems personally I never have..so far.. - the Kayfun5 plus MTL reducer is a bulletproof set up - the MTL reducer will fit SMJ K5 clone - and Cloud Mods CloudOne RTA is lovely - just lovely.. but hard to get.... https://www.esmokeguru.com/en/catalo...t/?q=Cloud+one... there are clones around.. it really is a case of trial and error to find what you feel best suits you .. but it is doable
    Thanks Lynne, have added a CloudOne clone to my Fasttech order. Was very close to pulling the trigger on the Siren, but the 23mm and the height is just giving me cause to put it on hold for now in case I can't find MTL heaven with these other tanks.

So to conclude, here is my list of upcoming MTL shinies to try with. Any clone winners will be replaced with originals (if available).

• Aspire Nautilus with hollow tank and 1.8 Clapton coils (purely for nostalgia, always liked the look of this setup on a silver Provari back before I owned one)
    • Black and Silver Hotcig Smart tanks (for an on-the-go stealth setup)
    • Black Kayfun Lite Plus (just cos I bought a black P3 and need a black RTA to pair it with)
    • Kayfun Mini V3 "Plus" (22mm V3 clone - So much of what I've read say the Mini is still an amazing MTL vape so I had to.)
    • Doggystyle clone
    • CloudOne clone

Hopefully that gives me enough options for now to try and find that MTL happy place!

Next, if anyone can give me some tips on the best coil builds (kanthal guage, ohms etc.) to get the most out of these RTA tanks, that would be awesome!

Cheers!
    AllyP likes this.

AVF Regular
    The other UTA is showing in stock - I hav both SKU's - only difference in the tank - clear vs frosted . .

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...-tank-atomizer
    Dogamondo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I've found a few tanks like the Rose V3 & the Kanger subtank RBA which are too airy for me even on the smallest airflow setting they give a wimpy vape. By cutting a bottom pin sleeve short from a Pro tank 2 & putting it in the airflow hole at the deck it makes these perfect for my very restricted DL & I imagine good for MTL as well.
    Creative use of protank parts there...

That would possibly work for the K5 clones as well.
    rodbam likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Creative use of protank parts there...

That would possibly work for the K5 clones as well.
    Yes I couldn't believe the difference doing this made for the V3 & subtank RBA. So now If I like the look of a sub ohm type tank I can buy it knowing it can be tamed. I wish I could say the same of my missus after 48 years:-)
    Regards
    Rod

emu
    AVF Regular
    Don't forget the Melo 3 tank, you can get a special mouth to lung coil made by eleaf especially for the Melo 3 and also compatible with MELO 3 Nano, iJust S, Lemo 3, iJust 2/iJust 2 mini atomizer, MELO 2 atomizer, MELO atomizer.

It's called the ECML, the ML is obviously Mouth to Lung and it is 0.75 Ohms - best between 8 - 25 watts. It's a kanthal wire with a cotton wick with big juice ports so you won't get a dry hit.

Also compatible with the Aspire Atlantis-threaded tanks!

Get it here from Vapoureyes

Get it here from Fasttech

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    Agreed Lynne.
    Just don't feel you have to buy the reducer for the Kayfun 5 right away for MTL vaping.... Unless you have the need to suck a golf ball through a garden hose that is lol
    Lots of peeps love the Kf5 for MTL without the reducer.

AVF Regular
    @shaneo @1ynne @muscovyduckling
    @KayP

Digiflavor updated their page...
    Not sure if you've noticed...

4.5ml!!!!!

AVF Regular
    Honestly i think the doggystyle is the bees knees for mtl , best rta i have tried for mtl except the rose v2 which will give a beautiful rounded flavour compared to just high instensity of flavour. Too bad doggystyle such a damn pain to fill , really blows my mind that a tank of such high caliber has a design flaw like that. The berserker and siren 2 look promising. I think besides the DS and rose v2 the next best mtl rta would be the hussar , give it a try if you havent !

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Dogamondo and fridgemagnet like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I'm still waiting for my new tanks (including the Doggystyle and CloudOne, couple of Kayfuns).

In the interim I've done a couple of builds on my original Kayfun Lite Plus V2 to get reacquainted with an RTA.

Seems my vaping style has changed in the last couple of years!

I've found the Kayfun too tight a draw (with the bottom airflow plug completely removed). I can taste the flavour potential there, but the super tight draw and lack of vapour has been a disappointment.

Maybe the lack of vapour production is due to a shitty coil build, but yeah, definitely having airflow issues on that tank.

My daily driver is still the Nautillus 2 at this point, at 19.5W at 0.7ohms . The flavour is almost there, but the draw is too airy and wispy. Not the thick, bold vape I'm chasing!

I'm excited about trying the Siren 2, will look further into that.

Cheers
    1ynne likes this.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast