Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Like Tree1013Likes

Thread: The Mouth To Lung Thread.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    If it's the noise that's concerning, it's not a 'quiet' tank. It's small so there's a woosh to it which is to be expected. The coil does also add it's own crackle and mine is a high pitched but VERY subdued crackle, small pops on start but nothing extraordinary at all. Only difference between 8-20W is the more watts, the sound increases a little and the vape gets a lot warmer.

If yours is popping and carrying on, it might not be the tank. It might be the mod...

(Check that it's running a simple, plain power profile. No pre-heat or boost, etc. If you've got an old school 'dumb' VW mod, try it on that too. At these ohms, even a mech might work out well.)

What PG/VG liquid is in it? I've never really looked to hard at it (even though I probably should), but some liquids do carry on a lot, some don't. I tend to no more than 60% VG in mine, often with a touch of water to thin them out some more. The usual liquid I use in mine is DIY, and about the consistency of sewing machine oil. Not water thin, but not thick like cream. I'm using some doublers in it at the moment, they're a little thicker but not much and they're positively singing off it if not the same flavour as out of a well sorted dripper. Same flavour, just wound back a notch.

I honestly don't want yours, I'd much rather you keep it. But if you really can't make it work, I'll give it a nice home. If you're willing to hold on to it until the end of the year, I might even try to collect it in person.

Stu.
    I'm going to throw it into the ultrasonic cleaner tonight and put in the 1.2ohm coil to give it its due trial.

The way its crackling doesn't seem to be how you're describing yours. But I'm also guessing you've broken yours in a lot more so to speak. The cracking I'm getting is definitely pronounced and reminds me very much of the Ego One coils that used to make the same sound. It's a tell tale sign for me that the vape isn't going to be rich.

I've tried it on both a Provari 3 and Dicodes Dani V3 so I doubt it's the mod giving me any grief.

Don't get me wrong though, its not a terrible vape. It's just nothing special over all the other entry level clearo's I've tried over the years.

Perhaps my vaping preferences are just moving into the "RTA or GTFO" territory. Having said that though I'd be keen to hear from anyone who's put the Triton Mini coils in a Kabuki and A/B'd that against the Hotcig.

Anyway mate, will let you know my final verdict in the next couple of days.

Cheers
    1ynne and _just_get_it_done_ like this.

AVF Regular
    I dont use them much anymore since I started building and got into my Siren addiction - but the other day, just for fun - and before I clear out that vape drawer, I loaded up the Vika Lite (which is a kabuki style atty)with a Triton Mini coil - and ya know what - its still a damm good vape !

So then I swapped that coil into an original Nautilus - and still a lovely vape... and then into the Silo - seriously lovely vape - I guess I am saying that I feel your pain, and life is too short to put up with vapes that leave you wanting !
    DogMan and Dogamondo like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    I dont use them much anymore since I started building and got into my Siren addiction - but the other day, just for fun - and before I clear out that vape drawer, I loaded up the Vika Lite (which is a kabuki style atty)with a Triton Mini coil - and ya know what - its still a damm good vape !

So then I swapped that coil into an original Nautilus - and still a lovely vape... and then into the Silo - seriously lovely vape - I guess I am saying that I feel your pain, and life is too short to put up with vapes that leave you wanting !
    I still have a silo, but the glass is cracked. That was the tank I quit the analogues with. Going to have to find some replacement glass and fire it up again with the Triton Mini coils.

Should have my Siren tomorrow so will have some Friday fun trying that out too!
    1ynne likes this.

AVF Regular
    I have spare aspire glass that fits the Silo - its the same as the original Nautilus tanks - seriously I am/was a hoarder of them ! and the bottom gaskets and the coils and and and lol probably time for me to actually clear that drawer out and let others play with them lol

I hope you like the Siren
    Last edited by 1ynne; 14-09-17 at 06:21 PM.

AVF Regular
    Silo tank was the love of my life, after that Vika fantasy and still is. Now I build my own coils and love the KF5. I will always have a Vika, so easy when travelling...
    Crisscross and 1ynne like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    I have spare aspire glass that fits the Silo - its the same as the original Nautilus tanks - seriously I am/was a hoarder of them ! and the bottom gaskets and the coils and and and lol probably time for me to actually clear that drawer out and let others play with them lol

I hope you like the Siren
    Oh I had no idea it was the same as the Nautilus! I have a few of them and there's spare glass in each box. Must try it tonight! Thanks
    1ynne and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogamondo View Post
    Oh I had no idea it was the same as the Nautilus! I have a few of them and there's spare glass in each box. Must try it tonight! Thanks
    Hey Dogamondo, are you still a full on MTLer? What kind of drip tips do you like? You also own the black stealth provari yeah?

Got a PIF for you if you are interested?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Dogamondo, 1ynne, iamtezr and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Dogman.... its a great pif Semi is a generous soul

Quote Originally Posted by Seminewvaper75 View Post
    Hey Dogamondo, are you still a full on MTLer? What kind of drip tips do you like? You also own the black stealth provari yeah?

Got a PIF for you if you are interested?

Hey mate,

I'm an MTL man 'till death do us part! Having said that my draw is loosening up.

Currently using Nautilus 2 drip tips on all my RTA's. And yep have the P3 satin black and stealth Procyon.

Very interested in your generous offer of a PIF!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogamondo View Post
    Hey mate,

I'm an MTL man 'till death do us part! Having said that my draw is loosening up.

Currently using Nautilus 2 drip tips on all my RTA's. And yep have the P3 satin black and stealth Procyon.

Very interested in your generous offer of a PIF!
    Fantastic!

Ok so these drip tips are as rare as hens teeth now that they are no longer being made.

As I've moved on to Squonking these drip tips dont get much use now. The one I am giving to you will match up with your black provaris nicely.

These drip tips were made by CrissCross's hubby baz and based on her lips. So you can just imagine XX each time you take a drag hahahahaha.

Anyway XX gave this to me with the black provari mini 2.5 i purchased off her ealier this year when I first started vaping. So it has a lot of sentimental value to me.

Prior to PIFing, I ran it past XX who said it was cool I pass it on. The only restriction you have on this just like any PIF is if you no longer want it please circulate it back into the forum as a PIF.

Unfortunately, if you dont and you sell it and someone here notices, you will be called out - the same way I did with Dave L.

So if you want it let me know and I will post it out to you free of charge.

You cannot buy these in any store and they are the most comfortable tips for any MTLer or restrictive lung draw.

Just make sure you thank CrissCross too!

Last edited by Seminewvaper75; 15-09-17 at 09:45 PM.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast