Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
Like Tree1099Likes

Thread: The Mouth To Lung Thread.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Thanks Ally:-) It's just that Danny said ""Looks very similar design to the merlin mtl rta that i was watching a review by djlsb today"" Making me think the one in the picture is similar but different. I wish people would name what they are showing so old people like me can keep up.
    I'm not that old but I'm equally confused about tank models these days. I even have a box full of "I don't know what" because I threw out all the packaging. It wouldn't surprise me if I accidentally bought a tank I already own.

AVF Regular
    Also don't know if it's been talked about but the innokin ares looks nice
    https://www.innokin.com/tanks/ares-tank/
    rodbam and Jemor53 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Also don't know if it's been talked about but the innokin ares looks nice
    https://www.innokin.com/tanks/ares-tank/
    That does look interesting & with the input of the two MTL reviewers it should be a goodun.
    Jemor53 likes this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    That does look interesting & with the input of the two MTL reviewers it should be a goodun.
    The domed chamber is what mostly caught my eye

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Is the Siren v2 out yet? Anyone tried it?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Is the Siren v2 out yet? Anyone tried it?
    I know its out as people have been commenting on it in a MTL FB group i am in - I dont pay much notice and scroll past anything with Siren in the description as I dont need another atty addiction
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    I know its out as people have been commenting on it in a MTL FB group i am in - I dont pay much notice and scroll past anything with Siren in the description as I dont need another atty addiction
    Are you the one that MTLs on a hadaly? If so i like your taste. Thinking about giving a a origen 16 a go with a single vertical coil for some mtl fun

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Weeeell...

Got another couple possible MTL candidates, one of which is probably old news and another that might not be.

First, Vandyvape Berserker. Out of the box, a couple extra winds of the supplied coil to bring it up to 0.9ohm, 14W, awesome. Air control is seriously good from very tight to moderately tight and no further. Time will tell if it's a nice, stable and reliable tank but it looks like it's going to be a real go-to MTL rebuildable. Need to run a few tanks worth through it and some coil changes to see if it'll suit what I want from it.

Second, Melo 3 nano. It's not actually that small compared to a Melo 3 Mini, only a few mm shorter. With the fitted 0.75ohm EMCL coil, primed and filled and airflow to minimum, it's pretty good. Running it at 15W and it's looser at closed up than the Berserker at it's loosest, but only by a little bit. Not open enough at all for DL IMHO, just makes for a wispy and gutless toot trying it like that so better to open up the airflow if you want to DL it and then it works well. I got this one as an alternative to my Smart tank and while maybe not the equal, it's a good alternate. Basically it uses the standard Melo 3 (Atlantis) coils and uses the coil to connect the top and bottom parts instead of a separate piece. Not ideal, but it works and is pretty compact.

I'll have to try one of these coils in a regular Melo and see if they work the same there. Either way the Nano has a much tighter closed down draw than a regular Melo.

Also got a Lemo 2 here that'll be given a run. Might be superfluous in the face of the Berserker but I'll give it a shot anyway.

That is all, just in case someone wants to know.

Stu.
    The Neophyte King likes this.

I happened to come across it yesterday and found them talking about it on Phil's youtube channel.. https://youtu.be/Zrj0bGysWLQ

This is apparently a whole new series of MTL devices and accessories coming from Innokin keeping the new vaper in mind which could be exciting.

The Ares is a RTA, but apparently it won't be long and they'll have to non RTA out for those of us who do not want to build.

And in case you're interested I watched this also... Phil's trip to Innokin China and a look at the factory and how they make them...very long but very interesting. It gave me confidence in the company's product and quality control. https://youtu.be/FvADfkmUtdk
    Jemor

Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    Weeeell...

Got another couple possible MTL candidates, one of which is probably old news and another that might not be.

First, Vandyvape Berserker. Out of the box, a couple extra winds of the supplied coil to bring it up to 0.9ohm, 14W, awesome. Air control is seriously good from very tight to moderately tight and no further. Time will tell if it's a nice, stable and reliable tank but it looks like it's going to be a real go-to MTL rebuildable. Need to run a few tanks worth through it and some coil changes to see if it'll suit what I want from it.

Second, Melo 3 nano. It's not actually that small compared to a Melo 3 Mini, only a few mm shorter. With the fitted 0.75ohm EMCL coil, primed and filled and airflow to minimum, it's pretty good. Running it at 15W and it's looser at closed up than the Berserker at it's loosest, but only by a little bit. Not open enough at all for DL IMHO, just makes for a wispy and gutless toot trying it like that so better to open up the airflow if you want to DL it and then it works well. I got this one as an alternative to my Smart tank and while maybe not the equal, it's a good alternate. Basically it uses the standard Melo 3 (Atlantis) coils and uses the coil to connect the top and bottom parts instead of a separate piece. Not ideal, but it works and is pretty compact.

I'll have to try one of these coils in a regular Melo and see if they work the same there. Either way the Nano has a much tighter closed down draw than a regular Melo.

Also got a Lemo 2 here that'll be given a run. Might be superfluous in the face of the Berserker but I'll give it a shot anyway.

That is all, just in case someone wants to know.

Stu.
    Good info Schtoo, thanks for the write-up. The Beserker does look like a solid option, but I refrained from purchasing as I thought the deck looked a bit too cramped for my style of build. Still, you did did a pretty good job of twisting my arm.

Just a heads-up with the L2:

Both top and bottom seals will come attached to the glass cylinder, And it would appear that they belong there for rebuilding purposes, but they will not stay attached for long, especially if you wash with every rebuild. Keeping them there is usually a recipe for losing seals. It is my preferred method to pull them off the cylinder straight away and bed them into the seal-wells, both top and bottom. After the tank is run-in, they will stay there quite happily.

Also, if my other post about the L2 didn't catch your eye, the main issue people have with it is the juice-port obstruction, which is easily remedied by un-tightening the top section of the tank once your juice is in. This will let the juice-ports breathe easier.

I generally build 5mm ID coils, which allows for some very lush wicks to be inserted. It might even improve the draw to build the coils slightly higher than you normally would with other tanks- the L2 is well-suited for this because it has an extremely generous deck and spacious chimney. Thought I'd mention this as it has yielded the best results for me. I wouldn't even bother evaluating it with the stock Tip, it's a total mismatch for the L2.

Almost forgot. After a wash I run paper towel around both seal-wells using my thumbnail, this prevents the potential of water being dispersed from under/around the seals. It's a lot easier to keep the seals in there indefinitely and just do that trick with every wash.
    Last edited by The Neophyte King; 22-11-17 at 11:31 PM.
    Danny76 and Schtoo like this.

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast