Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Stupid question

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yep, squeeze and tease with the towel. Fergus goes too long between cuts though, so he's got some real issues atm. I think I'll allocate parts to a roster, and do just that bit each week. It's about all he tolerates. I think the professional groomers use a choker on a grooming table, he never seems to enjoy that - when I ask how he was they go "um yeah... fine...good" which means he probably wasn't... None of them know how to cut a Westie anyway: I've got back on occasion a schnauzer, a poodle, a Shih Tsu, and Arfenpinscher, and once they cut straight across the skirt at the midline instead of straight down. That one took months to grow out. Now I do it only infrequently but I'm not a professional, and lack some decent clippers.

Best eva thread derail... LOL
    We heard one of the local groomers in the highlands a few years back was dosing "difficult" dogs, so you have be careful who you give your dog to. We knew the one we used on occasion, but we learned over time to do it ourselves, and its far less traumatic for the dog in the long run. Its just a matter of course of finding the time and tools

Grooming Terriers: A Guide to blades and clipper sizes | Scottish Terrier and Dog News

And of course Wahl does clippers for pets...a bit more affordable than the pro ones in the previous linky poo

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...l+pet+clippers

p.s. welcome to Westie Grooming with Fab and Style
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 11-11-16 at 07:30 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by rab View Post
    Haven"t had the pleasure off having to stay in a motel room since i got off the Fags
    I am sure i would vape in the room with a bit of strategy
    But we have a planed cruise in march
    any off you guys been on and vaped on a cruise
    Did a cruise out of Singapore through Malaysia and Thailand earlier this year and had no problems vaping. Even met a guy from Germany who was also a vaper, we had a few (or many) beers on the lido deck near the pool while tooting away.
    Ohh and I didn't know vaping was so illegal in Singapore so just vaped on the street, I guess I was really lucky.
    rab likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rab View Post
    Haven"t had the pleasure off having to stay in a motel room since i got off the Fags
    I am sure i would vape in the room with a bit of strategy
    But we have a planed cruise in march
    any off you guys been on and vaped on a cruise
    shower cap over the smoke detector works a treat.....

AVF Regular
    Thanks I'll see what kind of detector they have. I might have to pop outside anyway

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234