Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Traveling to Japan, Hong kong and Thailand

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    no one cares in HK or thailand

HK isnt really cheap since its brought in from china

I was a bit worried in singapore so stealth vaped but I seen a couple of people just vaping in the open, they looked like they were from the UK though. I would still be low key about it though
    Vaped since April 2012

captcha bugs kept me from registering

AVF Regular
    Just arrived in Tokyo this evening and no problems at all with customs. I'm staying at the Cerulean Towers and had a drink on the 40th floor bar and people were smoking. I asked if I could vape and brought out my fuchai 213 with a big tank on it. The waiters were extremely impressed and I had a bit of a crowd checking it out. 2 of them brought out their heat not burn things and were very interested in mine.
    fabricator4 and Danny76 like this.

AVF Regular
    Warrior Celt bar in Tokyo, near Ueno Station. Note vape equipment - a couple of Joytech AIO's on the bar. Ah, the joys of vaping at the bar. Just like the Brecknock back in Adelaide.

The clean break: Last smoke on 2/12/2012, first vape on 3/12/2012.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Kanpai!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    At Bar Legacy at the moment and unbelievably, it's fine to smoke but not vape. Reason given was because food was being served lol
    ybnice likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by act180 View Post
    At Bar Legacy at the moment and unbelievably, it's fine to smoke but not vape. Reason given was because food was being served lol
    It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
    act180 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Checked out a couple of vape shops in Shibuya and while lack of English was difficult it was good. Tried and bought some lovely Japanese juices. Vape stuff seems a bit more expensive here than Australia.
    fabricator4 and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    I found no problem vaping in Japan but I'd been traveling in other vaping hostile countries so I ran out of liquid by the time I got there. I noticed heat sticks being promoted everywhere but they were about US $100 just for setup. In the end I just smoked. Once you start doing that you're always looking for smoking zones as you can't smoke on the street.

It would be annoying if vapers were forced to use the smoking areas in Tokyo. They were obviously created because high rise Tokyo is incredibly windy, and your cigarette would just dissolve on some corners. But vapers shouldn't be penalised for that. Still I think if you want to have a good vape with small clouds etc, you'd need to use the smoker zones, and other smokers might find that affronting if you breathed a big cloud in a tight area. Also of course you can buy a drink and use the smoking rooms in fast food places, but they really stink.
    Last edited by Pleski; 13-05-17 at 04:18 PM.

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by act180 View Post
    Checked out a couple of vape shops in Shibuya and while lack of English was difficult it was good. Tried and bought some lovely Japanese juices. Vape stuff seems a bit more expensive here than Australia.
    I used to hang out in Shibuya on the weekends centuries ago. It would be great if you could post some pics!
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I used to hang out in Shibuya on the weekends centuries ago. It would be great if you could post some pics!
    Mario kart in Shibuya, can't believe you can do this ☺️
    Fatman, fabricator4 and SubyXV like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast