Page 527 of 540 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 5396
Like Tree4221Likes

Thread: What have you ordered today?

AVF Regular
    Damn straight. I'm still rockin' an old EOS 1000D (absolute bottom of the barrel EOS, about 8 or so years old iirc) and it still does pretty much everything I ask of it*.

You can do a lot with a cheap camera body, a decent lens or two, some cheap accessories (tripod, remote shutter switch, a tissue and a rubber band), and the ability to move the little dial to manual mode .

Good photos come from composition, subject, exposure, etc - knowing your fundamentals, and knowing your equipment. It's not packin' the latest and greatest $5k flagship DSLR on full-auto.

* Some additional autofocus points and inbuilt wireless (for a wireless remote shutter switch) would be nice, but not worth upgrading for.
    DogMan likes this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    Damn straight. I'm still rockin' an old EOS 1000D (absolute bottom of the barrel EOS, about 8 or so years old iirc) and it still does pretty much everything I ask of it*.

You can do a lot with a cheap camera body, a decent lens or two, some cheap accessories (tripod, remote shutter switch, a tissue and a rubber band), and the ability to move the little dial to manual mode .

Good photos come from composition, subject, exposure, etc - knowing your fundamentals, and knowing your equipment. It's not packin' the latest and greatest $5k flagship DSLR on full-auto.

* Some additional autofocus points and inbuilt wireless (for a wireless remote shutter switch) would be nice, but not worth upgrading for.
    Easier access to manual settings is exactly why I am upgrading from a mirrorless nikon. The mirrorless assumes everyone shoots RAW and edits in the Lightroom.

I prefer the approach of getting the photo right
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    I own a Nikon V1 and V2 - you can shoot JPEG from them no worries. Small sensor, but the fastest autofocus (and tracking) than most cameras (including high end full frames). If you like shooting birds in flight - then a V1 or V2 with the 300mm equivalent telephoto is a great camera (check the Nikon 1 Forum out on DPreview for some excellent examples). The mirrorless Nikons are also great for street photography with their 50mm equivalent lens (repeat comment about checking out DPreview). And they are fully manual as well. In fact, if you want the challenge of going “old school” - these cameras operated in Manual Mode will suffice, unless you like working in low light - small sensors are not great for that.

Sorry about the digression, please resume normal programming

Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    Easier access to manual settings is exactly why I am upgrading from a mirrorless nikon. The mirrorless assumes everyone shoots RAW and edits in the Lightroom.

I prefer the approach of getting the photo right

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FXVaper View Post
    these cameras operated in Manual Mode will suffice, unless you like working in low light - small sensors are not great for that.
    and a dslr is better for *my* needs

sorry if i insulted you, my gripe is with the cameras, not the people who use them, and i didn't realise you'd take it to heart

peace and free choice to you xo
    Last edited by DogMan; 03-01-18 at 02:22 AM. Reason: added n

AVF Regular
    10 x ss coil cleaning brushes, coz it's more vape stuff I haven't got or probably need.
    And 2 off, the useful Aspire RTA system for the Melo 2 and target tanks.
    Last edited by DocM; 03-01-18 at 05:04 PM.
    gurishka and Danny76 like this.
    Cigarettes: One of the few things known that will kill you if used "as directed".

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Welp just about out of the subtank coils and the other random coils I have for the random tank I have - so I ordered a baby beast mini and a fist full of coils to try it (If I dont like it the kids can have it and the coils will last a while ) but it wasnt much more expensive to get some qbox attached to it so I grabbed the deal just because for no reason- they also had one of those 75watt stick pipe things for dirt cheap so I grabbed one of those just because too (15usd)

Looking at real mods now cause am well over due - cant decide between another cuboid mini- a tesla steampunk 120 or 220w or one of those vvm hybrid with potentiometer things *Looks at the latter Dovpo ones suspiciously but very interested..

Eh I still have lots of time to decide!
    Hoofprint and emu like this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Welp just about out of the subtank coils and the other random coils I have for the random tank I have - so I ordered a baby beast mini and a fist full of coils to try it (If I dont like it the kids can have it and the coils will last a while ) but it wasnt much more expensive to get some qbox attached to it so I grabbed the deal just because for no reason- they also had one of those 75watt stick pipe things for dirt cheap so I grabbed one of those just because too (15usd)

Looking at real mods now cause am well over due - cant decide between another cuboid mini- a tesla steampunk 120 or 220w or one of those vvm hybrid with potentiometer things *Looks at the latter Dovpo ones suspiciously but very interested..

Eh I still have lots of time to decide!
    Haven't had a dovpo in a while but if they are anything liked they used to be worth the money.
    For cheap china gear they were more reliable then the over priced yank crap.

Still got the gx-200 around here somewhere. It died humoring my stupidity, although the $20 mod made me work for it.

AVF Regular
    Yeah the Dovpo one is a bit different to any I have used - hense the suspicion (especially since I usually like plain plug and play over fidgeting and rebuilding etc ) That being said - every one seems to be raving about these things

one review I saw

another on a similar dovpo one (TLDW? He didnt like the aesthetics of it)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mkDnfclrKg

and heres vaping underground on the subject

I must preach the gospel of PWM to the masses. | Vaping Underground Forums - An Ecig and Vaping Forum

They are cheap enough - maybe I will pick one up for the hell of it .... The simplicity of it is really attractive to me too - nothing complicated and not needing a computer degree to run it

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Haven't had a dovpo in a while but if they are anything liked they used to be worth the money.
    For cheap china gear they were more reliable then the over priced yank crap.

Still got the gx-200 around here somewhere. It died humoring my stupidity, although the $20 mod made me work for it.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 04-01-18 at 10:10 AM.
    Hoofprint likes this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Just ordered a mad clowns mod dont know which one will come..........