Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By btobw
  • 1 Post By mercury bullet
  • 1 Post By Tara

Thread: Experience with USPS

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Experience with USPS

I have a parcel that is tracking with USPS that was scanned as departed USPS Facility in LA on the 9th March.
    I haven't seen it yet and am getting concerned it been lost as it is a Kennedy and I'd be devastated if it has gone AWOL.
    I'll be giving them a call on Monday but does anyone have an idea of how long they usually take from USA to AUS?

AVF Regular
    I think you will find the delay is due to the monster snow storms they are having. Lots of flights cancelled or delayed
    DogMan likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    My last parcel from the US a few weeks ago was Priority Mail International. It was scanned as departing Chicago, and then no more scans in either the US or here until it showed up on my doorstep. Lack of scans doesn't mean it's not moving.

If yours is Priority Mail International and it hasn't arrived on Monday, then I'd be asking the sender to query it. It's possible it's already in Australia and at customs or, worse, Sunshine West.

If it was sent as a First Class Package, then it could be a bit of a wait yet. Either way, I think it's too early to panic.
    merexy likes this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Only going the other way, into the US.

Spotty is being generous. Most often USPS does a pretty good job of it. Not great, but fast enough and reliable. Left coast is usually no problem.

But they do have periods where they make Ozpost look like absolute superstars.

They don't lose much, but 2-3 months for economy airmail is taking it a little too far.

By the looks of that, I'd expect it's already left the US on the 9th and this is in Ozpost's domain. Most, if not all delays are usually a result of the receiving postal service, not the sending one.

Stu.

AVF Regular
    From my experience its 7-10 days from leaving LA to delivery unless it ends up in sunshine west. My guess would also be a nice summer holiday in sunshine west.

AVF Regular
    My sonar squonker took 2.5 days to get from 'picked up' in Backass Alabama to 'cleared customs' here. It then took another week to find my suburban house. And I don't even live at 13 Grimauld Place!

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Cheers for the info,
    I might leave it a bit longer before I waste time on the phone to them.

I get stuff sent over via them and it typically gets to Perth in 5 or 6 days, then customs are such caring chaps they want to look after it for me.
    For two weeks!
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    My last usps package scan was in Madrid
    Turned up a week later

Gonna enjoy my narda decks journey this time
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    I get quite a bit of stuff sent from that part of the US and its usually quite a bit faster than if it was to come from say central US
    or the east. I think thats because most of the time it comes directly here or here via the UAE. There are some occasions where it
    does go east first and when that happens it takes a lot longer. I've also noticed if it ends up coming via Sydney airport it can sit
    there for a couple of weeks. Plus USPS do log stuff as having arrived before it actually has which doesn't help.

I agree with Crisscross. Cause it hasn't really been scanned anywhere else you don't know which route its taking. There is a very
    good chance its been held up by the storms.

If you don't feel comfortable contacting USPS you could always ask Australia Post. Sometimes they know more than whats on the
    tracking or they might be able to find out some more info for you.
    fabricator4 likes this.