Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Dicodes - Appreciation Thread

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by _just_get_it_done_ View Post

Finally had the time to tinker with it!

Dicodes Dani Extreme V3 18350 with Nautilus 2 and 1.6ohm BVC coil

3 holes open @ 12w seems to be my sweet spot.

Definitely a different beast to T22 which is the only other mod and tank I have. Throat hits just as hard but much smoother (for lack of a better word) and more consistent.

No gurgling or spitting so far with max VG juice.

One thing I'm trying to work out. Getting used to not being able to wrap 4 fingers around if I want to use my thumb to fire. My pinky rests on the bottom of the Dani. I can wrap 4 fingers around if I use my middle finger to fire.

I should stick with one but can't decide which is more comfortable. Might not be an issue for lighter mods but this thing is solid!
    Are you still using this set up JGID? And what is your verdict on the Dani E V3? Is it ok for MTL?

thanks
    Total noob, but very interested in vaping and want to give up the cigs.

I was looking at buying the 18500 version of this mod in black.

But from much googling it doesn't appear that Dicodes do the 18650 extension cap in black. Which is kinda a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogamondo View Post

But from much googling it doesn't appear that Dicodes do the 18650 extension cap in black. Which is kinda a deal breaker for me.
    If you had a silver cap and tank with the black mod, I reckon would look pretty good.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzo View Post
    Are you still using this set up JGID? And what is your verdict on the Dani E V3? Is it ok for MTL?

thanks
    Juzzo the Dani's fire beautifully at low wattage so depending on your tank they are perfecct for MTL. I have a couple and my only issue is the sleep time. I rotate through a few mods during the day and inevitably I will pick up the dani that has just gone to sleep.

There is a ephro clone that gives the same look and work but can't attest to the logevity of the chip.
    _just_get_it_done_ and Juzzo like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Juzzo the Dani's fire beautifully at low wattage so depending on your tank they are perfecct for MTL. I have a couple and my only issue is the sleep time. I rotate through a few mods during the day and inevitably I will pick up the dani that has just gone to sleep.

There is a ephro clone that gives the same look and work but can't attest to the logevity of the chip.
    Thanks Crisscross, would love to get one of these down the track if my vaping career takes off. They look awesome but pricey!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzzo View Post

thanks
    For me - itís perfect for MTL. I alternate between MTL and restricted DL between 2 devices that I carry around when Iím out. My Dani has been getting daily use for the past 3 months.

It feels extremely solid in my hands. Awesome to look at. Fires up beautifully. The battery lasts all day. Couldnít have asked for more. It ticks all the boxes for me.

A few things to keep in mind in my opinion:
    -pair it with a short tank
    -keep under 9w especially if using with 18350 batteries
    -donít get it if youíre clumsy and prone to dropping things
    -get a couple of extra batteries

Personally, I found it a tad too tall with the Nautilus 2. It being a tube mod and solidly built, it is prone to tipping over if youíre not extra careful especially if you use a tank that is too tall. I exclusively use it with the Hotcig Smart tank which is the perfect height for me.

Iíve got a 18650 extension cap that I havenít used because itís too tall for my liking. Became way too prone to tipping when itís on my desk. Iím usually fairly careful with my things but when it tips, it tips over hard because of how solid the device is.

In the 18350 mode, I donít go above 9w. Any higher, battery seems to sag quiet a bit and battery life drastically reduced. The battery lasts all day for me at 9w.

Similar to my observation on tipping, my guess is it will fall hard when dropped. Putting physics aside (i.e. terminal velocity) the device wonít fair well if dropped.

Get extra batteries so you can keep using it! Day and night.

Quote Originally Posted by _just_get_it_done_ View Post
    For me - it’s perfect for MTL. I alternate between MTL and restricted DL between 2 devices that I carry around when I’m out. My Dani has been getting daily use for the past 3 months.

It feels extremely solid in my hands. Awesome to look at. Fires up beautifully. The battery lasts all day. Couldn’t have asked for more. It ticks all the boxes for me.

A few things to keep in mind in my opinion:
    -pair it with a short tank
    -keep under 9w especially if using with 18350 batteries
    -don’t get it if you’re clumsy and prone to dropping things
    -get a couple of extra batteries

Personally, I found it a tad too tall with the Nautilus 2. It being a tube mod and solidly built, it is prone to tipping over if you’re not extra careful especially if you use a tank that is too tall. I exclusively use it with the Hotcig Smart tank which is the perfect height for me.

I’ve got a 18650 extension cap that I haven’t used because it’s too tall for my liking. Became way too prone to tipping when it’s on my desk. I’m usually fairly careful with my things but when it tips, it tips over hard because of how solid the device is.

In the 18350 mode, I don’t go above 9w. Any higher, battery seems to sag quiet a bit and battery life drastically reduced. The battery lasts all day for me at 9w.

Similar to my observation on tipping, my guess is it will fall hard when dropped. Putting physics aside (i.e. terminal velocity) the device won’t fair well if dropped.

Get extra batteries so you can keep using it! Day and night.
    Interesting that you find it too tall with a Nauty 2 on the 18350 model.

I was eyeing up the 18500 model to pair with a Hotcig or Nauty 2 as I understood it's roughly the same size as a Provari P3 with both extensions removed running an 18350.

Figured the Dani would give me more vape time with the 18500 battery for the same size as my P3 on an 18350.

Would be interested to see them side by side actually.

AVF Regular
    Interesting that you find it too tall with a Nauty 2 on the 18350 model.

I was eyeing up the 18500 model to pair with a Hotcig or Nauty 2 as I understood it's roughly the same size as a Provari P3 with both extensions removed running an 18350.

Figured the Dani would give me more vape time with the 18500 battery for the same size as my P3 on an 18350.

Would be interested to see them side by side actually.
    Sorry mate - donít have a P3 so canít help you there!

Iím sure one of our experienced MTL members have both

I suppose it all comes down to personal preference. I like smaller mods. Especially when I'm out and about. The nauty 2 in 18350 mode is just as tall as my Pico with the tobeco super but it tilts to the side when I put it in my suit jacket pocket so feels really awkward whereas the Pico sits upright because of the shape of the base.

I might have a slight case of OCD...
    Dogamondo likes this.

Ok so after more googling, there's a good reason the extension caps don't come in black...

The matt black V3 is only available in 18650 size.

I'm a fan of black mods paired with black tanks, and the Dicodes V3 in 18650 mode is roughly the same size as my Provari P3 in 18500 mode.

So, with more battery life and 40W more power, I had to do it!

Bye bye bank account.

Look what the nice postman dragged in

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast