Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Dicodes - Appreciation Thread

AVF Regular

Dicodes - Appreciation Thread

Good morning AVF!

Here goes nothing. I've never been the type to "open up" and share on forums as I was much of what people call a lurker. Being part of the AVF forum has changed me, for the better!

Over the weekend, I've placed an order for a Dicodes Dani Extreme V3 - 18350 version from Victory Vape. As I mark this special occassion (for me at least), I wanted to start a new thread in the hope that it would mean something especially for newbies like myself.

Having been a smoker for the last decade, I always felt guilty for lighting up every one of those cancer sticks. Despite trying to quit on a number of my milestones (i.e. graduating uni, moving to Aus, getting married and fathering 2 beautiful kids), I always turned back to analogues to get me by.

90 days ago today, all that changed. I woke up one morning and thought to myself "I can be a better husband. I can be a better father. I can be a better employee. Only if I can give up smoking once and for all..." When I got up and went out to the balcony to light one up, I realised that I only had one left in my pack. I saw a guy walking down the sidewalk vaping. I've seen vapers vaping around work and etc but this was the only time that I asked myself, why don't I try vaping?

I started vaping exactly 90 days ago after walking out of a B&M shop with a Pico starter kit in hand and having my last analogue around the corner from the shop.

This post is getting a bit longer than I thought so I will be concise from here.

First 30 days, I spent making my own juices as I couldn't justify spending $15 per 30ml pre-made juices which would have been not much cheaper than smoking.

Second 30 days, I spent building my own coils after being PIFed a Lemo 2 tank.

Last 30 days, I spent researching and looking at mods to upgrade to which I picked up a Smok G-Priv during this time.

Today, I'm marking my 90 days with a bang! People say that it takes 90 days to lay an old habit to rest and to form a new habit. So I'm considering today to be a big milestone for me.

If I may, I would like to take this time to show my appreciation to the AVF community in helping me through this journey and specifically to the members who've had direct interactions with me. Apologies if I forgot anyone.

Seminewvaper75 - For PIFing the Lemo 2 and getting me going with rebuilding
    stylemessiah - For directing me to "keep it simple stupid" by recommending me to start with single wire single coil of 26g kanthal/SS which I've stuck with for all my rebuilds
    maxmd - For giving me a good deal on my first set of flavour concentrates
    Vaporific - For PIFing the T-22 so I can mimic taking drags to help me quit
    iamtezr - For the Basedrop referral code
    XX - For sending me a picture of her Dani with a black tank on it as I only have black tanks and wanted to see what it looked like
    mallee00 - For giving me a good deal on the Serpent Mini (turns out that it was perfect that you didn't have a 25mm version) and Tobeco Mini Super Tank
    bakersdozen - For giving me a good deal on the Smok G-Priv to accomodate for my chain vaping as the Pico wasn't keeping up with it

And to the admins and all the other members who have posted tutorials, reviews, thoughts, funny GIFs and more.

So why a Dani? Not only because some of the members above has one (or a few), I'm the type to read for hours on end to see what's out there and see what else I can get. After going down a few rabbit holes, I found myself always ending up with "yea, I don't need another device". And according to its owners, the Dani is not "another device".

Pics to come once I get it. Hopefully soon! Hasn't been shipped yet.

As soon as I find a good MTL and restricted DL set up / build, I will PIF the T22 that I was PIFed from Vaporific along with 8 or 9 or so coils that I got from a B&M shop in Sydney. Hopefully it will help someone else quit for good too!

Thoughts on a good set up?

Thanks for reading

P.S. on second thought, maybe we can use this as the Dicodes thread like the Provari thread we have going? Or is that too much to ask for a newb?
    Flea, giruvian, gtadmin and 19 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Huge congrats on the 90day anniversary. Celebrating milestone with a piece of quality kit is the best.

Dicodes get my thumbs up.
    _just_get_it_done_ likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Yuz
    AVF Regular
    Congrats on the 90 day mark well deserved and Dani is a quality unit that will last a very long time. Keep those AC amps cranking!
    _just_get_it_done_ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Huge congrats on the 90day anniversary. Celebrating milestone with a piece of quality kit is the best.

Dicodes get my thumbs up.
    Thanks, Xx!

What setup did you end up with on yours?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuz View Post
    Congrats on the 90 day mark well deserved and Dani is a quality unit that will last a very long time. Keep those AC amps cranking!
    Thank you! I'm hoping that I won't have to swap out the 18350's too often with AC
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by _just_get_it_done_ View Post
    Thanks, Xx!

What setup did you end up with on yours?
    I am a tootle puffer so setup a vika fantasy clone with a SnP ss tube for it. My dani is the 22mm version
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Congrats dude!!

I'm just over 4 months. Once I pass 8 months I'm going to celebrate as 8 months was the longest I stayed off smokes previously.

Anyway, I've said this like a dozen times even though I love my provaris I really love my Dani!!! Even monts_my was very surprised that the firing was better than the ohmsium he has. It seriously pulls like a mech. I tried my 2395T model with stacked 18650's and although it looked funny being really long and could probably cause a skull fracture when you hit some one on the head with it, the power was full on and to be honest was way to much for me at a full 90w.

I don't know what Dicodes does with the power efficiency in a tube format, but every cent you invest in the Dani is worth it, I'm sure that would be the same for the other models as well.

Congrats again dude you won't be disappointed and I'm sure this mod will definitely keep you off the smokes.

BTW did anyone mention billet box to you yet? hahahahaha..
    Crisscross, Fatman and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    Good morning AVF!

Here goes nothing. I've never been the type to "open up" and share on forums as I was much of what people call a lurker. Being part of the AVF forum has changed me, for the better!

Over the weekend, I've placed an order for a Dicodes Dani Extreme V3 - 18350 version from Victory Vape. As I mark this special occassion (for me at least), I wanted to start a new thread in the hope that it would mean something especially for newbies like myself.

Having been a smoker for the last decade, I always felt guilty for lighting up every one of those cancer sticks. Despite trying to quit on a number of my milestones (i.e. graduating uni, moving to Aus, getting married and fathering 2 beautiful kids), I always turned back to analogues to get me by.

90 days ago today, all that changed. I woke up one morning and thought to myself "I can be a better husband. I can be a better father. I can be a better employee. Only if I can give up smoking once and for all..." When I got up and went out to the balcony to light one up, I realised that I only had one left in my pack. I saw a guy walking down the sidewalk vaping. I've seen vapers vaping around work and etc but this was the only time that I asked myself, why don't I try vaping?

I started vaping exactly 90 days ago after walking out of a B&M shop with a Pico starter kit in hand and having my last analogue around the corner from the shop.

This post is getting a bit longer than I thought so I will be concise from here.

First 30 days, I spent making my own juices as I couldn't justify spending $15 per 30ml pre-made juices which would have been not much cheaper than smoking.

Second 30 days, I spent building my own coils after being PIFed a Lemo 2 tank.

Last 30 days, I spent researching and looking at mods to upgrade to which I picked up a Smok G-Priv during this time.

Today, I'm marking my 90 days with a bang! People say that it takes 90 days to lay an old habit to rest and to form a new habit. So I'm considering today to be a big milestone for me.

If I may, I would like to take this time to show my appreciation to the AVF community in helping me through this journey and specifically to the members who've had direct interactions with me. Apologies if I forgot anyone.

Seminewvaper75 - For PIFing the Lemo 2 and getting me going with rebuilding
    stylemessiah - For directing me to "keep it simple stupid" by recommending me to start with single wire single coil of 26g kanthal/SS which I've stuck with for all my rebuilds
    maxmd - For giving me a good deal on my first set of flavour concentrates
    Vaporific - For PIFing the T-22 so I can mimic taking drags to help me quit
    iamtezr - For the Basedrop referral code
    XX - For sending me a picture of her Dani with a black tank on it as I only have black tanks and wanted to see what it looked like
    mallee00 - For giving me a good deal on the Serpent Mini (turns out that it was perfect that you didn't have a 25mm version) and Tobeco Mini Super Tank
    bakersdozen - For giving me a good deal on the Smok G-Priv to accomodate for my chain vaping as the Pico wasn't keeping up with it

And to the admins and all the other members who have posted tutorials, reviews, thoughts, funny GIFs and more.

So why a Dani? Not only because some of the members above has one (or a few), I'm the type to read for hours on end to see what's out there and see what else I can get. After going down a few rabbit holes, I found myself always ending up with "yea, I don't need another device". And according to its owners, the Dani is not "another device".

Pics to come once I get it. Hopefully soon! Hasn't been shipped yet.

As soon as I find a good MTL and restricted DL set up / build, I will PIF the T22 that I was PIFed from Vaporific along with 8 or 9 or so coils that I got from a B&M shop in Sydney. Hopefully it will help someone else quit for good too!

Thoughts on a good set up?

Thanks for reading

P.S. on second thought, maybe we can use this as the Dicodes thread like the Provari thread we have going? Or is that too much to ask for a newb?
    I started the "Provari preserve the memories" thread as a relative newbie so I wouldn't worry about that - The Provari thread did get hijacked by Provape and Zen haters but for now you should be pretty safe with Dicodes although heaven help them if the owners should decide to retire
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

Super Moderator
    Burn the Dicodes Infidels!!!!

( mutter mutter someone should buy me a DaniBox or a 6 ... I would myself, but its like half a dozen trains man! )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Yuz
    AVF Regular
    I'm hoping that I won't have to swap out the 18350's too often with AC
    You'll find that Dani DC-AC chip is more efficient (95% claimed) than typical DC-DC designs. DNA40 (a decent high-end board) for example is 92%.
    Also you can get extension caps for Dani that would allow one size up - 18500 batts. And (TBC?) new Extremes also have +2 size extension caps.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast