• 1 Post By Danny76
  • 1 Post By BrianS
  • 3 Post By Danny76
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By hithere

Thread: Help with a narda clone.

AVF Regular

Help with a narda clone.

Hey all i got a few bf clones off ft and have been mucking around with a few different builds. Velocity is piss easy to build on. The goon abit of a muck around but im preferring single coil builds so easy as with the clamp posts. Now to the narda well what a PITA to build on every time i get a leg trapped i go to get the other in and just cant seem to trap both legs. 1 in 1 out both out stabing myself with wire and screwdrivers. Ive given blood and still no build in it. Pls any advice or is it just a dodgy clone. I almost feel like the bottom of the screws are a touch rounded hence keep pushing my legs out. Pls help.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Funnily enough, I coiled one last night for my grandson. I used a 1Ω precoil and lined it up at about a 30 angle to how you would think ... ie normally lined up with the leg screws, which is a pain to get the coil legs trapped. At the 30 angle it became quite easy ... and, it's the best performance I've ever got out of the NarDa
    Danny76 likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Tnx gt ill give it a crack

gtadmin likes this.

Super Moderator
    Cheers, hope it works for you
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    No idea on the clones the og one is easy to build on even for a cretin like me with shakey hands
    Build almost when winding as you would a vertical coil and have the legs upwards above the coil
    Danny76 likes this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Just got my first build in a premade aspire clapton coil for the cleito rba. Coming in at .92 ohms. @ 22w very tasty. Ty all

giruvian, gtadmin and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Yep, put it in at an angle, it's way easier.

The trick is a 2.5mm coil. You leave it on the coiling tool and lay it in on the diagonal. The coiling tool holds the coil in the correct position until you've got the screws tight.

If you still find the screws are pushing the wire out, try the opposite diagonal than I've used here, so the wire goes the "right way" around the screw - that is, tightening the screw wraps in harder instead of pushing it out. I did it this way because I couldn't get the tool in the other way but I've worked out a solutions for that - loosen the 510 centre pin just a little. This will allow you to reposition the centre block *just*enough* to drop the coiling tool in between the post and the solid air port. Don't forget to re-tighten the 510 centre pin because you don't want the +ive post flopping around.

Wicking is simple as you can see, and the build is too once you have it organised like this. Airflow is swooshy too - because it hits the coil at the angle, it makes it swoosh around and up instead of being turbulent.

It's a fantastic atty.

ETA: if you still have trouble trapping the wires, take a half or complete turn around the screw with the wire, then tighten the screw. Old electrician's trick.

I had some photos of the coil on the coiling tool showing how to position it and trap the wires correctly, but I seem to have lost it...

Edit to Add again: That coil is about 0.4 ohms - perfect for use on a single battery mech.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 30-05-17 at 12:18 AM.
    Danny76 and Cat like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Here's a video that i think is building the coil at this angle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFaNXft43Bo
    Danny76 likes this.