Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Vapers giving vaping a bad name.

  1. #11
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    4,309
    Respect goes both ways - what is the gym doing to help accommodate someone who is vaping rather than smoking?

    Vapers are part of the whole community aren't they and Some may have contributed to the community gym through either direct donation or through thier taxes as either smokers at one time or through other means like work or volunteering?


    Not an argument - just a thought



    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Dunno about vegans it was more a matter or respecting others and our small community sponsored gym. It takes enough effort to go in front of the board to get approval for new equipment with out having complaints to face.
    gert, Wombats1, Mouse1 and 1 others like this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

    "If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

  2. #12
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5
    The way I see it with vaping is simple, is smoking allowed in that space? No? Then don't vape.

    I can't understand people who insist on vaping in a place where it's generally not acceptable to smoke. We have a hard enough time getting the practice accepted without having people like that obviously flouting that they vape. It's like they don't care that vaping is currently serious business and what they're doing is just making the public impression of us worse.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Respect goes both ways - what is the gym doing to help accommodate someone who is vaping rather than smoking?

    Vapers are part of the whole community aren't they and Some may have contributed to the community gym through either direct donation or through thier taxes as either smokers at one time or through other means like work or volunteering?


    Not an argument - just a thought
    Actually the gym does do alot for vapers or I'm one of the few paid staff members. I spend a lot of my days with clients and the community trying to educate on healthy diets,exercises and alternatives to smoking and I'm also on the local quit health board. I volunteer there twice a week.
    The gym itself owns 6 starter kits that have been donated by the community and and I have 12 these 18 kits are loaned out to any clients that want to try a e-cig but don't have the finances. A lot of our members are on the green prescription cards which are medical referrals.
    I also do juice for a $15 fee for 60ml which then goes back in to supplies. Its not enough to cover the next lot of supplies I cover that myself.
    gert, gtadmin, Crisscross and 9 others like this.

  4. #14
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,473
    I like it...
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  5. #15
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    4,309
    That sounds like an awesome little program!

    Both Gyms were I live wouldnt touch vaping with a barge pole...

    (although I would be critical of you personally trying to cover costs even if you are happy for now to do it)

    Maybe if you have somewhere near that you can refer people to vape in - like a corner car park etc and have a sign for it - it might solve half the problem?

    Personally am not in favor of following smokings dwindling areas for vaping (otherwise in some ways whats the point?) But maybe if you have that vape only area it might help?

    Still full points and admiration for the whole buy a vape thing at your gym- thats pretty innovative




    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Actually the gym does do alot for vapers or I'm one of the few paid staff members. I spend a lot of my days with clients and the community trying to educate on healthy diets,exercises and alternatives to smoking and I'm also on the local quit health board. I volunteer there twice a week.
    The gym itself owns 6 starter kits that have been donated by the community and and I have 12 these 18 kits are loaned out to any clients that want to try a e-cig but don't have the finances. A lot of our members are on the green prescription cards which are medical referrals.
    I also do juice for a $15 fee for 60ml which then goes back in to supplies. Its not enough to cover the next lot of supplies I cover that myself.
    Boots likes this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

    "If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

  6. #16
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,437
    yet again, just shows how far ahead of us NZ is... sounds brilliant Boots, well done... and yep cannot help but agree about vapers needing to actually show some respect for others when vaping !
    staceman101 and Boots like this.

    What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

  7. #17
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Anywhere I hang my coat up
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    OK so this is going to be a bit of a rant on my part.
    I work at a gym that is not staffed 24hrs only between 8am-8pm and 8am-1pm public holidays and Sundays.
    So I went in for a late train myself today and walked in to find 3 young people (20's) sitting in the corner clouding out the gym. Seriously I know its raining but would you smoke a cigarette or a joint in a gym? No so why is a e-cig good enough.
    I'm assuming any gym wouldn't be happy with there members carrying on like this.
    Had to ask them twice to put them down or leave. Only after I told them they wouldn't be welcomed back they packed up and left.
    Anyone else experience similarly crap or am I the only one unlucky enough?
    One does not need to be a cloud chaser to enjoy a vape. When I go out I use a stealth vape, enough for me to get my nic fix without upsetting any one else. When in my car and without annoying anyone else I will use my cloud machine. Not while driving though. Many establishments where vaping was allowed are now, for this very reason are saying no smoking and no vaping. The cloud chasers are indeed ruining it for the rest of us considerate vapers.
    staceman101 and Boots like this.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

  8. #18
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bay of Plenty NZ
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    That sounds like an awesome little program!

    Both Gyms were I live wouldnt touch vaping with a barge pole...

    (although I would be critical of you personally trying to cover costs even if you are happy for now to do it)

    Maybe if you have somewhere near that you can refer people to vape in - like a corner car park etc and have a sign for it - it might solve half the problem?

    Personally am not in favor of following smokings dwindling areas for vaping (otherwise in some ways whats the point?) But maybe if you have that vape only area it might help?

    Still full points and admiration for the whole buy a vape thing at your gym- thats pretty innovative
    We have a large courtyard for smoking/vaping handball and other outdoors games. But the biggest problem with that is the weather has been horrible so its a bit flooded lol.
    The cost really doesn't worry me I've been doing it for so long it's really just my way of trying to give back a little extra. The town has been extremely supportive since I moved here and I just really love helping out.
    I'm pretty sure we are a one off kinda thing haven't heard off it anywhere else yet but people are really going for it.
    It probably helps that the community has really seen the changes since we started it up.
    To date we have had 58 members change to e-cigs that wouldn't have had the chance to try it out otherwise.

  9. #19
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Just outside Melbourne
    Posts
    2,165
    Sheesh Boots, I want to join your gym.
    flyingfox12 and staceman101 like this.

  10. #20
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    4,309
    Lol well boots ..

    If you have a place outside flooded or not for them to vape and there is a clear sign for them so they know .. if your gym even provides them with the gear to vape (and both things are rarities esp in gyms)

    Your kids at the gym are def assholes -

    Nothing left to be done - tell the spoiled self entitled bastards to go outside!

    (still must be a better way than constantly providing out of pocket - it will end up costing too much after a while- but if you are comfortable I wont argue-am happy to be quietly uncomfortable for you )



    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    We have a large courtyard for smoking/vaping handball and other outdoors games. But the biggest problem with that is the weather has been horrible so its a bit flooded lol.
    The cost really doesn't worry me I've been doing it for so long it's really just my way of trying to give back a little extra. The town has been extremely supportive since I moved here and I just really love helping out.
    I'm pretty sure we are a one off kinda thing haven't heard off it anywhere else yet but people are really going for it.
    It probably helps that the community has really seen the changes since we started it up.
    To date we have had 58 members change to e-cigs that wouldn't have had the chance to try it out otherwise.
    flyingfox12 and staceman101 like this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

    "If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

 

 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 06:07 AM.